E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Re-mapping 530xd

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 XD TOURING Luxe, 231HP

I am thinking of remapping my 530xd touring with 'evolve' which is based in Luton in UK. from 231BHP to 295BHP and also significant increase in torque [yet will limit the torque increase at low rpm so as to not kill the X-drive transmission...]

Does anybody have had any experience on this and / or any recommendation?

Thanks
Old 11-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Any remapping will cut out the warranty.

The low range torsion doesn't do good to the car, is it worth it?

Have you lost a "race" or what's your problem?
Old 11-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: E61 sold nice E91 335i Sport Touring now

Originally Posted by abcsworld' post='711267' date='Nov 3 2008, 10:37 PM
I am thinking of remapping my 530xd touring with 'evolve' which is based in Luton in UK. from 231BHP to 295BHP and also significant increase in torque [yet will limit the torque increase at low rpm so as to not kill the X-drive transmission...]

Does anybody have had any experience on this and / or any recommendation?

Thanks
I'd speak to Simon Hall from www.e-maps.co.uk He has remapped 2 of my cars and is very experienced with BMW diesel remaps. He's also mobile and has very good rates as well. There is no remapper in the UK with his level of customer service either and you'll not be dissapointed.

He can do maps to suit your needs and will never go outwith safe parameters in the pursuit of power/torque. In my experience they improve the mpg too.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='722048' date='Nov 15 2008, 06:20 PM
Any remapping will cut out the warranty.

The low range torsion doesn't do good to the car, is it worth it?

Have you lost a "race" or what's your problem?

No there is no problem and I have not lost race as i do not fancy these. I used to do rally races and I know my limits and the danger of doing this on open road. I just regret BMW never offered the 535d in X version...and thought a remap could take care of that. the 231bhp are a bit short...
I agree warranty might be the issue. In this case from the few I know that did it, BMW did not noticed at all. [Nevertheless a risk I can accept]. Evolve does their upgrade through OBD port and as such is not easily detectable.

Anyway, thanks for your concerns. I had appointment for december 8th but business trip now moved that to next year...
Old 11-30-2008, 12:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Originally Posted by abcsworld' post='729263' date='Nov 23 2008, 11:51 PM
No there is no problem and I have not lost race as i do not fancy these. I used to do rally races and I know my limits and the danger of doing this on open road. I just regret BMW never offered the 535d in X version...and thought a remap could take care of that. the 231bhp are a bit short...
I agree warranty might be the issue. In this case from the few I know that did it, BMW did not noticed at all. [Nevertheless a risk I can accept]. Evolve does their upgrade through OBD port and as such is not easily detectable.

Anyway, thanks for your concerns. I had appointment for december 8th but business trip now moved that to next year...
If u use a tuning-box u can always un-install it before visiting your service and no warranty will be void.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Members

Done remap..and happy. Yet let see how it will last.
Acceleration come earlier and stronger, (although torque low range Rpm was limited so as to not put transmission at risk). Really makes the car nicer to drive....and all this with about 15% less diesel consumption. Yet will recalibrate i-drive just in case, but for time being paper calculation seems to confirm.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:39 PM
Members

My Ride: 530xd, 2006, 231hp 4-wheel-drive, Monaco metal blue, Dakota beige leather interior, fine wood trim, extended lighting package, adaptive Headlights, headlight cleaning system, PDC, extended automatic air conditioning, ProNav, ipod connection, skibag, electric engine/interior heating, thb200 sub, 19" M6 wheels, Schmiedmann frontspoiler lip, tyre control, servotronic

Originally Posted by abcsworld' post='766042' date='Jan 12 2009, 04:39 PM
Done remap..and happy. Yet let see how it will last.
Acceleration come earlier and stronger, (although torque low range Rpm was limited so as to not put transmission at risk). Really makes the car nicer to drive....and all this with about 15% less diesel consumption. Yet will recalibrate i-drive just in case, but for time being paper calculation seems to confirm.
Sounds great!
How much remap done more power (did you dyno it) ?
Old 02-01-2009, 01:31 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tira-1' post='782278' date='Feb 1 2009, 08:39 AM
Sounds great!
How much remap done more power (did you dyno it) ?
No I did not Dyno it, I was in some hurry to be back to Cardiff and did not had the time. Just tried the car and difference was so obvious....I think addition is about 40hp. I don't really care so much on true hp. As long as it did improve low end response and rev up faster...and it just did that.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 530xd, 2006, 231hp 4-wheel-drive, Monaco metal blue, Dakota beige leather interior, fine wood trim, extended lighting package, adaptive Headlights, headlight cleaning system, PDC, extended automatic air conditioning, ProNav, ipod connection, skibag, electric engine/interior heating, thb200 sub, 19" M6 wheels, Schmiedmann frontspoiler lip, tyre control, servotronic

Originally Posted by abcsworld' post='782305' date='Feb 1 2009, 06:31 AM
No I did not Dyno it, I was in some hurry to be back to Cardiff and did not had the time. Just tried the car and difference was so obvious....I think addition is about 40hp. I don't really care so much on true hp. As long as it did improve low end response and rev up faster...and it just did that.
I have heard that xd transfer case can broke after remapping, have you heard anything about that ?
And in rear wheel drive the automatic gearbox can goes broken.
Anyway this remapping increase approx 20-30% more torgue/power.
I think that isnt so much that gearbox or others schould broke.
If those stories are true bmw has measured too close what boxes schould carried (my opinion).

My ride is 530xd with manual gearbox, i have think (maybe) remapping car too in somedays but just
now this is fast enought to me.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:32 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tira-1' post='803923' date='Feb 28 2009, 04:59 PM
I have heard that xd transfer case can broke after remapping, have you heard anything about that ?
And in rear wheel drive the automatic gearbox can goes broken.
Anyway this remapping increase approx 20-30% more torgue/power.
I think that isnt so much that gearbox or others schould broke.
If those stories are true bmw has measured too close what boxes schould carried (my opinion).

My ride is 530xd with manual gearbox, i have think (maybe) remapping car too in somedays but just
now this is fast enought to me.
When Evolve did the remap they did limit the increase in torque (compared to what for example a 530d would receive). Please note I have the automatic gearbox. That way they stayed within bmw official tolerance of the Gearbox (700Nm I believe). I have now done about 10k km since upgrade (and my car as about ~85k km)and had no problem this far...except windscreen broken by debris on M4 motorway ending up falling on it... But my windscreen was already 'wind noisy' and already marked as to be changed. Now done...and insurance paid, and wind noise fixed.
I have seen consumption lower by about 10 to 12% when car in normal usage since remap. I do about 6.9l/100km (34mpg US, 40.5 MPG UK) in the last 1300km with 2/3rd motorway, 1/3rd town.

Now lets be fair: increasing torque and bhp will definitely fatigue some of the elements of the car faster. My warranty expires end November. At last: I did not get 295bhp but only around 280~285bhp for that exact reason.

Quick Reply: Re-mapping 530xd