E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Problems with remote key control and comfort access

Old 11-27-2012, 05:10 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with remote key control and comfort access

Hi,
I have a problem with my car that I hope you can help me with. I have read the other treads regarding broken wiring in tailgate and antenna diversity amplifier without luck. I just bought a 2010 E61 with comfort access. Two days after I got it I got a message regarding no key or low battery in key when trying to start with the key safe in my pocket. I changed battery in both keys with no effect. The problem got worse and now there is no reaction when trying to lock/unlock using the remote key. The comfort access is not working either. I have to unlock the car using the key in the door lock etc.

I have now tried my antenna diversity amplifier in another car and it worked fine. The amplifier from the other car didn't work in my car. There is now broken wiring (checked wiring no 3 out of 4 counting from left to right that leads up to the amplifier). I have also checked all fuses and all where fine. Can there be another cause to my problems? I have measured the battery to 580-600A and it's supposed to be 800A. Is that relevant? I also have a automatic tailgate and with the engine running it is still not possible to open the tailgate from remote key so I guess the battery is not relevant.

Hope you can help me fix this frustrating problem.