E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Post a NEW picture(s) of your E61

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Originally Posted by Bingle
Hi folks!

There sure are some fantastic looking cars and great photography in this thread! I just finished blacking out the window trim on my 530xi and thought I'd post a couple of quick pics of the results - I think it turned out pretty good! Also posting some from when I purchased the car for a "before & after"....need to work on my photographic skills!

Brad
Sweet ride! What kind of tint and what % did you get for your back doors, and the trunk windows (they look different)?
Old 05-17-2011, 03:33 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Lotus99
Sweet ride! What kind of tint and what % did you get for your back doors, and the trunk windows (they look different)?
Thanks! It's 3M "Color Stable" tint. Front and back windows are 35% (which is the legal limit here in Georgia). From the part of the rear window that is fixed thru the cargo area it's 20%. Weird law here in that an SUV or truck can tint the back windows more than 35%, but doing this on a wagon is not legal.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Senior Members

Polished and paint-protected, and ready for the summer:

Post a NEW picture(s) of your E61-bmw.jpg

Oh, yeah - got the car back from BMW after the fixed the rust (!) on the trunk lid and replaced the micro-switch, with a flat tyre on a Friday afternoon. Great way to start the weekend:

Post a NEW picture(s) of your E61-d%C3%A6k.jpg
Old 05-17-2011, 01:06 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 550iA M-sport '08 VW Golf GTI DSG '06

Originally Posted by E60Sim
Polished and paint-protected, and ready for the summer:

Attachment 121046

Oh, yeah - got the car back from BMW after the fixed the rust (!) on the trunk lid and replaced the micro-switch, with a flat tyre on a Friday afternoon. Great way to start the weekend:

Attachment 121047
Looks nice Sim! I like how the evening sun makes the paint turn to dark purple.
I will get my paint worked on in June, either by Ditec or Vonne.

///Ulf
Old 05-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Originally Posted by Bingle
Thanks! It's 3M "Color Stable" tint. Front and back windows are 35% (which is the legal limit here in Georgia). From the part of the rear window that is fixed thru the cargo area it's 20%. Weird law here in that an SUV or truck can tint the back windows more than 35%, but doing this on a wagon is not legal.
That is wierd... You'd think they'd have the same law for whatever the windows are, regardless of type of car. So then how do they define these new crossovers? LOL!

I'm debating what % to get. I'll be getting a Carbon Black one if all goes well this weekend, and tint usually looks a bit darker on black cars. I'm leaning towards 35% for rear doors and cargo area.

Typically SUV windows that come from factory are 20% tint, right? I used to have 35% on my own sedan a while back and it was good. I would have thought 20% might be too dark, esp. at night or rainy nights. But we've got a Volvo XC70 wagon right now that came with factory tinted glass for rear doors and cargo area, so if that's at 20%, then it might not be bad since it's not causing us any real issues.

I have a feeling that you can see thru tinted glass better than a window with tint film on it...
Old 05-17-2011, 10:55 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 550iA M-sport '08 VW Golf GTI DSG '06

How many % are BMW's Individual tint?

I also think it is a strange law that separates SUV's from wagons...Who decides if a car is a SUV or a regular wagon?

In Sweden You're not allowed to tint the front side windows, or more exactly...You are allowed to have them slightly tinted but the % is more or less the same as a standard glass so even the lightest film will take You over the limit. For the back seat or cargo area there are no regulations.

///Ulf
Old 05-18-2011, 03:01 AM
Members

I could be mistaken, but I believe non-commercial vehicles here are categorized as either passenger cars or trucks, with SUV's being in the latter. I would think crossover's would be in the former as they are typically built on a car frame.

Lotus99: I think 35% will look good, especially a non-reflective, "black" tint on a black car. Not sure about factory percentages but I'd be surprised if they were anything more than 35%.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:33 PM
mvd
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E63 650i

Tinted lights
Old 06-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Senior Members

I see you just cleaned that garage
Old 06-03-2011, 01:11 AM
mvd
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E63 650i

Originally Posted by mmitev
I see you just cleaned that garage
Yep actually, i cleaned after that...jeez...

Quick Reply: Post a NEW picture(s) of your E61