E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Post a NEW picture(s) of your E61

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 08:02 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Originally Posted by boerboel
Lotus I did some research on HIDplanet and decided I wanted to stay away from the CBI things, I don't like ricey looking (high temp) headlights, way too many cars like that in my hood. Plus I wanted to match them to the fogs, which I just bought a kit with a M5 bumper. I think the kit came with 6000k and I will not like them. I would prefer all the lights matching, but we'll see.

I got the nightbreakers for the 7, haven't put them in yet. they are 4200K should be close to white. The Retrofit source where I bought all the stuff only had the Philips in D1S so that was my default pick. They have a little selector tool that picks bulbs for your temp preference.

Yeah I agree they look really yellow now.
What should I be looking at for the angel eyes? And where to shop?

I never even realized that our inner lights are dummies, they are just for the angel eyes.
Right, the CBI's were never part of the bulbs I considered, just the X-treme vs. Nightbreakers. Since it sounds like you own both now, it would be great to get your review on them eventually.

The guys on Candlepower forums prefer the Philips, but the HIDplanet testing seems to indicate the Osrams are brighter (which would make sense I'd think, considering they are a lower temp bulb vs. the Philips, which should put out more lumens):

The Ultimate D2S Bulb Test

Osram 66240 Standard - 785 lux
Osram 66240 CBI - 805 lux
Osram 66240XNB (Nightbreaker) - 863 lux

Philips 85122 Standard - 698 lux
Philips 85122WX - 586 lux
Philips 85122XV (Xtreme Vision) - Picture Unavailable - 763 lux
For the angel eyes, on my 3 I went with the Lux Angel Eyes, which were sort of known as the best, but they're pricey at $200 or so. I've got V4's on my 3, and am happy with them. You might be able to pick up a set used, for a decent price if you have the time.

On the 5, I went with a cheaper option at less than half that price, and they look as good or better I'd say, mostly Because the light distribution in the 5's Angel eyes I think is better than in the 3. I don't have the links of the ones I bought handy, but I'm pretty sure it came up sometime a few months ago, so perhaps do an advanced search using my username, to find them.

The watts advertised are a bit misleading From one brand vs. another, but I guess If you're going to stick with one brand, their highest watt Version should be the brightest. I would stay away from the HID Angel eyes, as I think they might melt things.

Not sure which vendors here Sell them, I think Trinity does, but on E90post, E92-lighting sells a bunch. Burgertuning has them too, as does Topgearsolutions. All are top vendors on E90post.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:22 PM
New Members

My Ride: Miata Starion Forester

Not mine, but it's local

Name:  aHV4noO.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  827.2 KB

There's also an untinted one in the area, and a black/dark blue one too.

Last edited by stormhammer; 07-07-2015 at 10:06 PM.
Old 07-07-2015, 03:11 PM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: '08 E61 manual

Hello there!
Hope all are doing well.

Just wanted to share my happiness, as after 3 years of searching I've finally bought a E61 with a stick!
I was about to give up and buy any E61, but it must have had the comfort seats... be local to the GTA area (or Ontario, at least) ... in a color (I'm not a big fan of monochromes, ie. Black, White, Grey, Silver, etc.) and patience finally paid off.
Not only did I get the E61 with a stick, but it is local, in Blue, with comfort seats!!!

I must've been one of Santa's reindeer in a previous life to have this much luck!
Attached Thumbnails Post a NEW picture(s) of your E61-front2.jpg   Post a NEW picture(s) of your E61-interior.jpg  
Old 07-07-2015, 05:32 PM
New Members

My Ride: 535xit
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by TopPMP
Hello there!
Hope all are doing well.

Just wanted to share my happiness, as after 3 years of searching I've finally bought a E61 with a stick!
I was about to give up and buy any E61, but it must have had the comfort seats... be local to the GTA area (or Ontario, at least) ... in a color (I'm not a big fan of monochromes, ie. Black, White, Grey, Silver, etc.) and patience finally paid off.
Not only did I get the E61 with a stick, but it is local, in Blue, with comfort seats!!!

I must've been one of Santa's reindeer in a previous life to have this much luck!

LUCKY BASTARD! Nice pick up!
Old 07-07-2015, 05:40 PM
New Members

My Ride: E61 535 & an E30

3 years, you really wanted a 3rd pedal. Congrats.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:35 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by skya
LUCKY BASTARD! Nice pick up!
Thank you! Lucky indeed!

Originally Posted by Junger
3 years, you really wanted a 3rd pedal. Congrats.
Yes, I was craving one. Considering it is a Canadian LCI, it is one of 30, so there's a reason it took 3 years.

If there are other Canadians in here looking for a E61 with a stick, there's another one for sale, although the pre-LCI model, with 150k km. Check it here.

For $14.5k, you're getting a very rare and special wagon.
I paid $24 for mine, 08 vs 06 and 101k vs 150k. So 2 years and 50k are definitely not worth the $10k discount which you'd be getting IMHO.

US buyers beware, as Canadian wagons don't have MPH on the speedometer, so it's a PITA changing it. However, considering that CAD $ = 0.8 US $ right now, it's a wagon with a stick for less than $12k, plus another $1k for changing the speedometer to US = $13k all in, which is a fantastic deal IMHO.

Would definitely love to keep it in the E61 forum family!
Old 07-08-2015, 09:39 AM
New Members

My Ride: E61 535xiT Deep Sea Blue

Originally Posted by TopPMP
Hello there!
Hope all are doing well.

Congrats on the super rare pickup. I saw that car at Tedfest 2 weekends ago, I was explaining to a curious bystander just how bloody rare these things are. I think he was asking 27,900 at that point in time.
Congrats!
Old 07-08-2015, 04:59 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by boerboel
Congrats on the super rare pickup. I saw that car at Tedfest 2 weekends ago, I was explaining to a curious bystander just how bloody rare these things are. I think he was asking 27,900 at that point in time.
Congrats!
Hey boerboel!
It was me at Tedfest, and I wasn't selling.
I think the guy with the white 1M was selling his for 57,900 I believe, which is probably where the confusion may come from.

They are quite rare indeed! 327 cars total for the entire US + CAN, so it is estimated only 10% are Canadian (roughly 30 cars).

I'm trying to document them all however and will create a separate post once I have the list completed.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:15 PM
New Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2010 535xiT
Model Year: 2010

Hi -
I just picked up an auto 2010 E61 with 2k miles!. As many others here, I started looking for a manual, but when this one came up with so few miles, i jumped on it. It's only been a few weeks, but so far I love this car. More pictures to follow!
Attached Thumbnails Post a NEW picture(s) of your E61-dsc06325_v2.jpg  
Old 07-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Originally Posted by maxcbrdriver
Hi -
I just picked up an auto 2010 E61 with 2k miles!. As many others here, I started looking for a manual, but when this one came up with so few miles, i jumped on it. It's only been a few weeks, but so far I love this car. More pictures to follow!
Welcome to the forums and congrats on a gorgeous car!

So you bought the famous 2000 mile wagon...

https://5series.net/forums/e61-touri...-miles-142179/

Quick Reply: Post a NEW picture(s) of your E61