E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Phone contact pairing with the Galaxy S4

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by vanos
The HTC One was my 2nd choice (close 2nd to the S4).
both are great phones and can't go wrong with either IMO..droid's have come along way...
Old 07-16-2013, 09:53 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I updated phone this weekend to the new Galaxy S4. It connects via bluetooth (no issue) however from the iDrive (Communication) it does not list the contacts from the phone. Everything worked well with my older Galaxy S. I searched on the web and found some fixes pertaining to the Galaxy S3 and BMW pairing, nothing on the S4.

Anyone on the forum using the Galaxy S4 with the E60/E61? Thanks.
I have an E60 also and just switched to Galaxy S4 and am having the same issue. My contacts are not coming thru and last upgraded the car's software just last year but then again did not notice a pop up asking to sync the contacts....hmmm
Old 07-16-2013, 10:40 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jinister
I have an E60 also and just switched to Galaxy S4 and am having the same issue. My contacts are not coming thru and last upgraded the car's software just last year but then again did not notice a pop up asking to sync the contacts....hmmm
Mine works now, I would start fresh. Delete the bluetooth pairing and start over. When you are paired and get the pop up on your S4 asking to sync don't do anything, just leave the msg on the phone and give it time. Your contacts will eventually come up on the iDrive. Some patience andall will work.

As a reference I have Andorid 4.2.2 on my phone.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:57 AM
Members

Mine works now, I would start fresh. Delete the bluetooth pairing and start over. When you are paired and get the pop up on your S4 asking to sync don't do anything, just leave the msg on the phone and give it time. Your contacts will eventually come up on the iDrive. Some patience andall will work.

As a reference I have Andorid 4.2.2 on my phone.
I got it to work once and then when I restarted car later, same issues and also have Droid 4.2.2
Old 07-18-2013, 05:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jinister
I got it to work once and then when I restarted car later, same issues and also have Droid 4.2.2
I know it is frustrating, I fiddled around with it for some time. All I can say is to try again. I always turn on the bluetooth on the phone before entering & starting the car.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:27 AM
Members

I know it is frustrating, I fiddled around with it for some time. All I can say is to try again. I always turn on the bluetooth on the phone before entering & starting the car.
Yeah it is quite annoying, but got it to sync contacts again yesterday and it worked again this morning. So let's hope it keeps working now and I did do an android update over the weekend and have been lazy and just leave the bluetooth on as the phone gives the option to only be visable to previously sync'd devices.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:45 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 528i Jet Black Metallic
Default S4 phone 5 series connection

Go to home screen
Settings
Bluetooth
Click on
Click the settings wheel icon next to the paired device
Check the call audio box
It will now connect each time