E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Panoramic Sunroof "Windnoise"?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 530xiT M

I had the problem in my previous 325xiT and also have it in my e61.

ADemmit, not sure if you are with me on this but the service departments at both BMW dealers in Calgary seem pathetic at best. I noticed on your invoice that they said that rft tires could not be repaired which is complete BS. http://www.edmunds.com/ownership/tires/art...88/article.html

"Repairability ? SST run-flat repair guidelines are nearly similar to those for standard tires. " I hope you didn't pay for a tire or buy their ridiculous "tire insurance" when you bought your car.

I am not hopeful that they will get either of our sunroofs fixed or that they will replace my wheel bearings or get my PDC to work, or install my roof rails in the 2 hours the service bulletin says it should take. They tried to tell me that the wheel bearings were fine and that it was the tires, then when I mentioned the service bulletin that will replace tires if the customer complains about the noise they professed not to know anything about it.

It has now been 2 months and they have yet to complete the installation of the roof rails, don't call me back for service appointments and had my car for 4 days and all they managed to get done was the windshield wiper replacement.

Then they left me at my office waiting for a ride on Valentines Day, forgot to pick me up and essentially ruined dinner plans with my wife.

I guess with free service you get what you pay for even if it is built into the price of the car.

If you make any headway let me know. They recently quoted me $680 to put in the auxilary mp3 input and told me that the Ipod interface was not available for the 5? Its amazing to me that as customers we can know our cars better than their service advisors.

Maybe when Calgary BMW opens their new dealership thing will get better. The Gallery guys are a bunch of buffoons.

Have you put your summer wheels back on yet?
Old 04-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Hi Jbeene. Good to hear from you.

Yes, tire was replaced at no cost to me. Long issue with FTM monitor system not working and driving with a flat.

Summers went on on the 24th. Perhaps a bit too early given the snow this past week.

Sent you a PM regarding local service.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xiT Titanium Silver, 6-speed Manual, new style Start/Stop ignition, Black Dakota Leather, anthracite maple wood trim, heated seats front and rear, heated steering wheel, headlight washers, automatic tailgate, auto dimming mirrors, Logic 7, 6-disc changer, sport seats, shadow line trim, rear sun blinds, PDC, adaptive xenons, 18" style 123 wheels, , navigation, voice control, bluetooth, BMW roof rack + bike attachments,

Originally Posted by silver530sportwagon' post='400434' date='Mar 8 2007, 08:14 PM
I have the same issues as jagman. I am taking it in on the 26th of this month (couldn't get a loaner until then). Hopefully I will be a happy camper when I get the car back because I am certainly not now.
I got the car back last week and the noise is now gone (although I did complain that the noise was still there when I got the car back the first time, and they worked on it again while a waited). They said they had to adjust the roof "up" to stop the wind noise. They said that when the adjustment was done it did not seem like a lot, but it made all the difference getting rid of the excessive wind noise.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xiT Titanium Silver, 6-speed Manual, new style Start/Stop ignition, Black Dakota Leather, anthracite maple wood trim, heated seats front and rear, heated steering wheel, headlight washers, automatic tailgate, auto dimming mirrors, Logic 7, 6-disc changer, sport seats, shadow line trim, rear sun blinds, PDC, adaptive xenons, 18" style 123 wheels, , navigation, voice control, bluetooth, BMW roof rack + bike attachments,
Smile

Originally Posted by silver530sportwagon' post='409936' date='Apr 3 2007, 03:20 PM
I got the car back last week and the noise is now gone (although I did complain that the noise was still there when I got the car back the first time, and they worked on it again while a waited). They said they had to adjust the roof "up" to stop the wind noise. They said that when the adjustment was done it did not seem like a lot, but it made all the difference getting rid of the excessive wind noise.
Update-
Wind noise is back. When I used the tilt feature, there was a loud banging noise. Clearly the rear section and front section glass were fitted together too tight. Must have knocked the roof out of alignment because the noise was back immediately thereafter. Another trip to the dealer. This time I will push hard to have them replace the unit. Enough is enough already.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:36 AM
Members

As I had ordered my E61 with the Panoramic sunroof I read and followed this thread in trepidation.

I've had my car for 3 weeks now. Mucked about with the sunroof all over the place. The roads here in Portugal are really really bad and so far - NO NOISES - I am relieved.
Maybe for the LCI BMW made a few adjustments ??
Old 05-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

I too have had no noise through the roof since having the seals replaced last month.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Members

My Ride: e61 2004 530d - Biz Nav, HUD, Heated Front/Rear Seats, Panorama Sunroof, DynamicDrive, ActiveSteering, etc

Originally Posted by Jed Peter' post='396373' date='Feb 27 2007, 10:57 PM
I've got a bunch of windnoise coming through the top of the panoramic sunroof.

When I push up on it, the noise goes away.

It's at the service center (2 days now!) and they haven't told me anything yet.

Anyhow, I'm trying to figure out if this is a problem, and if there's a known fix for it yet.

Thanks,

Jed
Hi! I have similar problem with Panoramic sanroof on e61. Anybody knows some solution?
Old 06-11-2007, 05:15 AM
Contributors

Replacement of the roof seals worked for me.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Members

Originally Posted by cikis' post='434208' date='Jun 10 2007, 08:09 PM
Hi! I have similar problem with Panoramic sanroof on e61. Anybody knows some solution?
Car now 5 weeks "old" and no problems on the PanorSR yet
Old 06-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Members

I WAS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM, AND THE SUNROOF WAS LEAKING; WITH VIRTUALLY NO FUSS THE DEALER REPLACED THE ENTIRE SUNROOF ASSEMBLY.

Quick Reply: Panoramic Sunroof "Windnoise"?