E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Need some coding/prog. help

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2019, 02:27 PM
Probation Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E61
Question Need some coding/prog. help

Hey there, so I recently bumped into an issue which seems to be caused by my DME/DDE module, which is that the car kind of limping(?) and just slowing itself down quickly, not for a lot, for a brief second. So I got a new (used) DME/DDE module, and started researching on how to get it to have the correct VIN in it and the correct rolling code for the car to start. Usual symptoms of a change, eg. engine cranks, no start.
I was able to find some really good resources, but I can't actually program my VIN number on the car with WinKFP. My ZB-Num. doesn't exist in the list of ZB-Nums. for WinKFP (I'm using daten from my ISTA-P) and if I try to use any of the DDE options I have there none of them work. Currently forced to use a K+DCAN cable, don't have access to an ICOM and I'm in a time crunch. If you need any clarifications, please hit me up in this thread so people can find it too if they end up having the same problems.
What I'd like to get: 1. a step by step process of how to get my WinKFP to actually program the VIN number on it. I *have* actually programmed modules before, but it's only this one which has ****ed me over, if you know what I mean.
2. A way to reset and set the rolling code on the CAS, EWS and DME so that they match. I found a resource stating that it would be possible via INPA, and it seems credible.
The fix is easy (with INPA). E60>>Engine>>N52 [in my case]>>Shft F6 EWS -- Start value comparison and Shft F7 EWS CAS -- Start value comparison. In my case, EWS CAS resynched the modules and the car started right up.
In my case, I had to go into the engine, but then I couldn't go into EWS, so I went into activate (going from memory here on out). From there I went into CAS, and there were two options: set values and reset values. Neither worked, and both spat out an error in German with something along the lines of "codes mismatch". My best guess is that DME/DDE and EWS/CAS need to have the exact same VIN number for them to generate the same rolling code, and as such to also store it (as-if the VIN number is a seed for a random number generator).
I seriously need help with this because, and I repeat, I am in a time crunch.
Thank you everyone in advance.
Old 12-26-2019, 07:05 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2x E61, 1x E60, 1x E90
Model Year: 07,07,10
Engine: N52, N54

I think one of the easier ways is to clone your DME. Visit bmwcoding.com, easier to get help regarding coding compared to here.