E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

My new 525dT -07

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 03:53 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gorban' post='432759
HiFi package is OK but not good. I will go for the Logic 7 on the next car. I actually think that the HiFi package in my BMW 116i has better sound.
Nice car, Gorban, and thanks for the info: I ordered the non-smoking option and I was astonished to see that there is no 12V outlet in the ashtray lookalike. Now I will go looking for the foot well 12V outlet to charge the battery of my mobile.
I agree with what you said about the HiFi: the bass speakers from underneath the front seats do a decent job, but the overall sound quality could be more refined.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:20 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E91 325i ´06

Grattis!!

Congrats to a great car! Looks stunning!

I know you will love it.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Touring Imperial Blue, sports automatic, VDC, black leather sports seats, M Sport steering wheel, HiFi Professional, 18" 328 wheels, Xenon, PCD, electrical tow hitch etc... E87 120dM -10, Titanium silver, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. E87 120d M sport- 08, Le Mans blue, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. Sold: BMW 525dT Deep sea blue, xenon, PDC, leather, Hifi, USB etc.

Originally Posted by deeman' post='432955' date='Jun 7 2007, 11:35 AM
What audio system did you have in your old Saab? AS3 or AS2?
How is the sound compered to that?
I tink the hifi speakers will sound greater after 10 to 20h of playing!
Nice to see the pics!
I had the upgraded system with seven speakers that come with the vector package on the Saab. Is that AS2? Compared to that, I have more bass now and I think the sound is a little better in my new BMW.

Are you saying that the speakers will actually get better after some playing? Interesting!
Old 06-07-2007, 01:49 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Touring Imperial Blue, sports automatic, VDC, black leather sports seats, M Sport steering wheel, HiFi Professional, 18" 328 wheels, Xenon, PCD, electrical tow hitch etc... E87 120dM -10, Titanium silver, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. E87 120d M sport- 08, Le Mans blue, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. Sold: BMW 525dT Deep sea blue, xenon, PDC, leather, Hifi, USB etc.

We're having some hot weather here in Sweden this week and I just discovered that you can bring down the windows with the remote after you have unlocked the car. Just push the open button again and hold it. The same thing if you lock the car with the windows open and then re-press the lock button and hold it. The windows will go up.

I guess you already knew that but it's cool.

The residual ventilation is good also when it's hot outside. If you turn of the engine and remain in the car it will go hot inside in a matter of seconds. Then it's nice to be able to blow cool air into the car.

I went to the dealer today to pick up a rubber matt for the back and velour carpets for the floors. I'll keep the standard rubber ones for the dark and cold season. The rubber matt is a must as we load the son's trolley all the time.

I also picked up a couple of nice roof racks in aluminium. I need them together with my packline box when we go on vacation. The box is black glass fibre without any striping and will look good on the car.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Members

My Ride: soon 520d touring delivery week26 Black with black dakota lether M-sport xenon big climat towhitch elec,trunkdoor hifispeakers usb/mp3 option ext,int,light isofix comfortseats

Originally Posted by gorban' post='433202' date='Jun 7 2007, 11:32 PM
I had the upgraded system with seven speakers that come with the vector package on the Saab. Is that AS2? Compared to that, I have more bass now and I think the sound is a little better in my new BMW.

Are you saying that the speakers will actually get better after some playing? Interesting!

I think you had the AS2 system because the AS3 have 8 speakers with a subwoofer on the right hand side in the trunk. (wagon model)
I had AS3 in my old car and the difference is a bit more bass in in than AS2 and a bigger amp.
So than the sound in would be simular to my old car

Yes all new speakers are stiff when they are new and will aprove their sound when they are played for some time.
Can be hard to hear because you are listen to them all the time
Old 06-08-2007, 06:07 AM
Contributors

Grattis, vacker bil! I?m gonna take that colour on my next E61 too I think. EN bild fr?n sidan vore underbart att f? se ocks?!
Old 06-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by gorban' post='433211' date='Jun 7 2007, 11:49 PM
We're having some hot weather here in Sweden this week and I just discovered that you can bring down the windows with the remote after you have unlocked the car. Just push the open button again and hold it. The same thing if you lock the car with the windows open and then re-press the lock button and hold it. The windows will go up.
The residual ventilation is good also when it's hot outside. If you turn of the engine and remain in the car it will go hot inside in a matter of seconds. Then it's nice to be able to blow cool air into the car.
Thanks for the info about the ventilation. Great to know !

Ti
(still waiting)
Old 06-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Members

I've now driven my new car about 1700 km and it's not a week old yet. During the weekend I took a trip which contained both highway and contry roads. Nice to try out some overtaking and figuring out which gear works best depending on the speed.

The average consumption was 6.7 l/100 km during the weekend and then I did some high speed driving as well. This will probably go down when the engine has some more milage. I even found a gas station that was selling diesel for SEK 8.04/litre. That's about ?0.87 or just under a US dollar per litre which is a bargain.

I noticed that when I drive around 90-100 km/h in 6th gear the rpm is about 1700 and the engine can easily be heard. It's even a bit loud. Increasing the speed to 110-120 km/ in 6th gear gives about 1900-2000 rpm and the engine is much more quiet. Interesting.

At high speeds, 170 km/h and above, the car is wandering left and right a little. Something I read about in some car reviews. Maybe this is less of a problem if you have active steering.

Overall, the car is a great car when travelling long distances at moderate to high speeds on any road. I am a person which prefer manual gearboxes but if you are doing mostly city drivning with this car I would recommend the automatic.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Grattis till bilen! Interesting reading... please post more ideas about your new E61!
Old 06-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am finding it hard to guess what kind of tires you have on your car from looking at the pictures. Are they GoodYear Excellence tires? Are you planning to put larger rims on the car this summer? Personally I do not like the look of 16 inch rims on such a car, but having to suffer lots of vibrations with my 17 inch runflats, I guess it is a matter of choice between comfort or looks.

Quick Reply: My new 525dT -07