E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Island Road E61 535xi M5 Clone Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 07:15 AM
New Members

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: 535xi Wagon
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by ucsbwsr
Congrats Dan. It must feel great to have all that done, and done at the same time might I add.

Can't wait to hear your exhaust system and see some logs!

Evan
Evan,

The exhaust sounds amazing but the piping is going to change a bit. Once finished I will get some pictures and vids up.

As for the RR500 we have having mis-fire issues. We swapped the coils and the mis-fire followed so right now waiting on 6 new ones to come in. We also had an issue with N20 sensor not working so we need to figure that kink out as well.

Once thoes two issues are resolved, it will be grabbing "Max Boost" module from Ken (Wedge) and going to around 26psi with logs of logging done. Then its MT and RWD conversion. We already sorted out how that's going to work. MT from E60/e9x that RWD, new oil pan and of course rest of conversion parts. I will keep you updated.

Originally Posted by TLO03
Great job, are these ready for sale ?
Taking about the RR550? If so yes they have been ready for about a month I would say by now.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:55 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E61
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Have any video yet? Mind sharing a BoM and photos of the exhaust routing? I've been waiting to tackle a good quad setup.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:12 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by Wetwillyskate
Have any video yet? Mind sharing a BoM and photos of the exhaust routing? I've been waiting to tackle a good quad setup.
I am late with the updates but our exhaust fabricator was in the hospital so things got delayed. He is back working on completing the exhaust and "fingers crossed" will be finished by this weekend. I will have Vids and pics sooner after of the finalized result with products used.

In the meantime here is a video of the temporary exhaust we put on for Bimmerfest east.

What is done in this video is basically a straight pipe with the stock X-pipe left in place. The exhaust was split before the axle. We are not experiencing any drone really maybe very slight but car sounds amazing on road and turns heads all the time. So far a few people even asked if it was imported haha

Old 10-12-2015, 04:59 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E61
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by Island Road
I am late with the updates but our exhaust fabricator was in the hospital so things got delayed. He is back working on completing the exhaust and "fingers crossed" will be finished by this weekend. I will have Vids and pics sooner after of the finalized result with products used.

In the meantime here is a video of the temporary exhaust we put on for Bimmerfest east.

What is done in this video is basically a straight pipe with the stock X-pipe left in place. The exhaust was split before the axle. We are not experiencing any drone really maybe very slight but car sounds amazing on road and turns heads all the time. So far a few people even asked if it was imported haha

So do you have 2 or 4 or 0 Cats then? I'm still trying to picture your setup because you mentioned a stock x-pipe and i don't have a stock x-pipe. my exhaust runs split to a resonator and then remains split to the big OEM mufflers. My exhaust shop wants to chop out the OEM exhaust before the resonator and then just run 2 separate straight pipes back to each rear corner. My fear is that deleting the resonator and mufflers and not running anything in their place will sound horrible.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:32 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by Wetwillyskate
So do you have 2 or 4 or 0 Cats then? I'm still trying to picture your setup because you mentioned a stock x-pipe and i don't have a stock x-pipe. my exhaust runs split to a resonator and then remains split to the big OEM mufflers. My exhaust shop wants to chop out the OEM exhaust before the resonator and then just run 2 separate straight pipes back to each rear corner. My fear is that deleting the resonator and mufflers and not running anything in their place will sound horrible.

Sorry for the confusion I did mean the resonator posted below. So what your shop wants to do is exactly we we did "Temporally" as the new exhaust will be finalized this week.

Your shop might have a hard time doing that though because the on the passanger side of the car you have the air pump for the rear suspension. At the time of when we did this we had installed the ISC suspension and deleted the pump altogether leaving a ton of room on the passenger side were the pump originally was. Also we had 3' DP and removed the secondary cats as well. If you plan on going this route, the car does sound amazing but be prepared it's going to be a very aggressive exhaust but it does sound good but you will be turning heads for sure.