E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

I want to put on my summer shoes!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E61 535d

I'm dying to get my BBS's mounted, does anyone share this feeling??

It is the 1st. of march and the winter tyre time is over! (Well, at least in Finland. We have to use winter tires during december, january and february) Though no hope for summer weather, I'm still asking.. Has anyone purchased new summer wheels/tires already and maybe even tried them on??? Pics. please!
Old 02-28-2010, 11:52 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

in germany we say from O to O would mean from october to easter( german word is Ostern).

So I want to wait for another 30 days, I bet my ass that the snow will come back and then we are all f'cked up with summer tyres..

just my 0,02?

but I will order my rims and tyres next week,hopefully!
I am not 100% sure what to buy..

Ivano
Old 03-01-2010, 12:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Agree with ivano - Easter (or Påsk in my language) is the time when I normally change to summer wheels, so I don't have that strong feeling yet. Could also be because we still have snow here in the south, even though it's disappearing fast now. And, if the Easter comes early I sometimes leave the rubber mats in the car and wait with the big Spring clean to some weeks later.

But, Kuul4, you're right in one sense as I ordered a new rim this weekend. I destroyed one last autumn when I ran over something big in the morning. A badger maybe, NOT an elk! Nice having to fork out 250 Euros for a new tire when I'm trading in the car in 9 weeks...
Old 03-01-2010, 02:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

I got a flat last night on my winter 18's... Guess what I put on this morning... The summer 19's! Wooohooo! I missed my car so much!
Old 03-01-2010, 02:57 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

You don't normally hear people being happy about getting a flat tyre!

I will wait another month until I put my summer tyres on. I am going to mount them on my 128s and use them for my summer wheels, so it doesn't really make much difference to me this year (My M172s will become my winter rims -- I know it makes no sense putting the difficult to clean rims on in winter, but most things about my car don't )
Old 03-01-2010, 03:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Kuul4
I'm dying to get my BBS's mounted, does anyone share this feeling??

It is the 1st. of march and the winter tyre time is over! (Well, at least in Finland. We have to use winter tires during december, january and february) Though no hope for summer weather, I'm still asking.. Has anyone purchased new summer wheels/tires already and maybe even tried them on??? Pics. please!
I know Exactly what you are feeling. I also want my BBS mounted.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:08 AM
Contributors

ME TOO

Can anyone predict when Spring will finally arrive in the MidAtlantic/NE USA
Old 03-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

The general rule in Germany, in addition to waiting until the snow is gone, is to swap back to Summer tyres when the average temperature is above 7 degrees. From what I have been told, above 7 degress the summer tyres grip better than the winter tyres. Not sure how true this is, but its another useful means of working out whether its the right time or not.

Anyone else heard about this guideline?
Old 03-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW e61 2006 520d, chiptuned to 180 hp. 18" 124's

I changed my winterwheels to summer rims (124) yesterday.

I was so sick of the winterwheels, the sun was shining , so I thought: what the hell, let s put them on.

So today I am happy again when looking at my car.

I thinbk I will survive an occasional snow. worst of winter should be over.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:19 AM
DLS
Members

My Ride: E61 535D 06`M-Sport carbon black

I`m still choosing what rims to buy, because this will be my first summer with this car.
m6`s, 128 or M5`s
It`s so hard to choose

Quick Reply: I want to put on my summer shoes!