E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Hello, i need a suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 09:04 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going tomorrow to buy my new E61 BMW 525d. I still need to decide the colour of the car and i was kept by the insane idea to buy it white, what do you think about it?
I've seen the E60 white photos and i love it, but the BMW seller told me that in 20 years he never sold a white BMW 5 series..... :'(

Have you got some pics to show me and help me making a final decision?
Old 05-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Strenna' date='May 16 2005, 01:04 PM
I'm going tomorrow to buy my new E61 BMW 535d. I still need to decide the colour of? the car and i was kept by the insane idea to buy it white, what do you think about it?
I've seen the E60 white photos and i love it, but the BMW seller told me that in 20 years he never sold a white BMW 5 series.....? :'(

Have you got some pics to show me and help me making a final decision?
[snapback]129233[/snapback]
====================
Hi Strenna:

Congratulations on purchasing your new BMW five series tomorrow! I have seen a few white e60's, and like all BMW's, the color white looked good. I purchased a Titanium Silver which seems to be a popular color, but I also like the Silver Gray Metallic.

I am not a black color on any car man, because I once owned a Black & Gold 78 Trans AM when I was 19, and it drove me nuts trying to keep it clean, but when clean their was no other color that looked as good as a Black & Gold Trans AM in its day! But were talking BMW's, and l have not seen a color that did not look good on any Bimmer!

To me BMW Alpine White looks sharp, but I have never owned a white car, and cannot give you an honest opinion on easy or hard it is to keep.

Hope this helps you some.

Sincerely,

R. Eddie Presley
Old 05-16-2005, 10:44 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

White is cool. You have to have the high gloss shadowline IMO. Or if you are ordering a sport there is no doubt that it's gonna look hot with white!! Go for it
Old 05-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

My 0.2$:

White will fit the touring like a tailor made suit, but bare in mind that your potential buyer might not like it in a few years time.
Silver is the easiest to keep clean, but bare in mind that silver is trendy a the moment. In a few years time there will be loads of silver E61's.
Black is a pain to keep clean and bare in mind that every minor scratch or dent will stand out.
Orient blue might have the advantage of being special and the advantage of not getting dirty as soon as black and the advantage of a nice colour not to be seen on every second touring edition.
Good luck on your choice!

PS., If I would have had the guts for it and if I could live seperately from my wife (divorce or whatever) mine would be alpine white
Old 05-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, strenna !

i'm not into white but i've never seen any car in white looks better than a 5 .
Old 05-17-2005, 02:59 AM
Members

... and if you have a lot of traffic jams where you are, you could always paint some red crosses on it, and you'd never get held up again!

Whilst I wouild never personally have a white car because of the keeping clean issue, I quite like the BMW white, which has a creamy tinge and looks quite good.
One thing I would say, though, is that I would recommend a black interior with a white car - anything lighter can look a bit "sickly" IMO...
Old 05-17-2005, 03:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY 2004 545i Touring, High Executive Line, Comfort Line II, Vision Line II (Dutch specced Packages), Color: Oxford Green. Interior: Black/Black leather. Trim: Dark Popular wood. Gear: Steptronic 6-speed Other options not incuded in above packages: M-Sport aero kit, sports suspension, heated steering wheel, rear side-airbags, front screen with green upper part, panorama roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels with Dunlop RFT's, HiFi Pro/LOGIC7, alarm class 3, heated seats rear and voice recognition. Waiting for february delivery of 325i Touring and 130i

Originally Posted by garehaan' date='May 16 2005, 08:49 PM
My 0.2$:

White will fit the touring like a tailor made suit, but bare in mind that your potential buyer might not like it in a few years time.
Silver is the easiest to keep clean, but bare in mind that silver is trendy a the moment. In a few years time there will be loads of silver E61's.
Black is a pain to keep clean and bare in mind that every minor scratch or dent will stand out.
Orient blue might have the advantage of being special and the advantage of not getting dirty as soon as black and the advantage of a nice colour not to be seen on every second touring edition.
Good luck on your choice!

I think you forgot Oxford Green
Old 05-17-2005, 03:34 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Originally Posted by DrCarrera' date='May 17 2005, 11:59 AM
... and if you have a lot of traffic jams where you are, you could always paint some red crosses on it, and you'd never get held up again!?

Whilst I wouild never personally have a white car because of the keeping clean issue, I quite like the BMW white, which has a creamy tinge and looks quite good.
One thing I would say, though, is that I would recommend a black interior with a white car - anything lighter can look a bit "sickly" IMO...
[snapback]129583[/snapback]
Once I saw a Alpine White M3 with red interior. It was the best looking M3 I've ever seen... I think the E60/61 will look good in Alpine White and Auburn Dakota.. but it must have nice big wheels and tinted windows IMO. A black, blue or gray E60 can get away with 16-inch wheel and no fancy equipment, but a white will look like some kind of goverment car or so..