E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Happy New Year

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06' 530xi E61 Saphire Black / Dakota Black - aluminum 11' A4 Avant 2.0T Brilliant Black / Black - aluminum

Happy New Year fellow Touring enthousiastes!!!!

All the best for 2010 and hopefully the New Year will bring some nice goodies for your BMW!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Senior Members

HNY to you as well dude!

Let our cars become even better by the end of this year (we can still try to outmod the the wear and tear )!

Don't know what you guys think but I've spent some time looking through an E39 forum and was pleasantly surprised how many mods the guys there are doing - some of them have effectively replaced the whole suspension and made their cars handle in a completely different way, effectively much better than stock. There also seem to be a lot more exterior mods available for these cars.

I'm guessing but its probably due to the fact that as cars get older and cheaper, there are more people willing to put more money in them in mods, and a lot of things have to be replaced anyways, so why not install some improved aftermarket part.

Anyways, I hope this will be one positive effect of our E61 cars becoming the "old" model by the end of 2010. I hope we will gradually see more and more mods being available from vendors and also effectively being installed by owners.

Lets keep up the spirit!
Old 01-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 06' 530xi E61 Saphire Black / Dakota Black - aluminum 11' A4 Avant 2.0T Brilliant Black / Black - aluminum

• LCI headlight retrofit
  • Navigation retrofit
Originally Posted by mmitev' post='1082799' date='Jan 1 2010, 03:57 PM
HNY to you as well dude!

Let our cars become even better by the end of this year (we can still try to outmod the the wear and tear )!

Don't know what you guys think but I've spent some time looking through an E39 forum and was pleasantly surprised how many mods the guys there are doing - some of them have effectively replaced the whole suspension and made their cars handle in a completely different way, effectively much better than stock. There also seem to be a lot more exterior mods available for these cars.

I'm guessing but its probably due to the fact that as cars get older and cheaper, there are more people willing to put more money in them in mods, and a lot of things have to be replaced anyways, so why not install some improved aftermarket part.

Anyways, I hope this will be one positive effect of our E61 cars becoming the "old" model by the end of 2010. I hope we will gradually see more and more mods being available from vendors and also effectively being installed by owners.

Lets keep up the spirit!
I hope you are right!

The mods I have planned for the summer are:
  • M tech kit
  • Angel eyes, fog light and headlight bulb replacement
  • 19 wheels most likely my Style 230 wheels unless I don't like the look. Otherwise Style 128's or CSL style.
Other potential mods if items our found at a decent price:
  • LCI headlight retrofit
  • Navigation retrofit
  • M steering wheel
Cheers!
Old 01-03-2010, 03:22 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Happy New Year to the E61 Forum!!

Although I recently switched back to an E60, I really enjoy it here in the E61 forum, so have every intention of hanging out here in 2010 as well... And lets face it, there are one or two similarities between the cars

Hopefully see some of you at one of the potential meets being set up this year...
- Scandinavia
- World Wide Meet in Munich

Let the good times continue...