E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

German is a beautiful language

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F11 -14

... but not when the words "Motorstörung! Leistungsentfall" show on the HUD. Some of you will remember the travails I went through with my old car, and this time I at least managed 14000 kms before the engine broke down. Last time it lasted only 3000 kms, so I suppose this should be seen as an improvement from BMW.

I will hand in the car tomorrow at the nearest dealer and will keep you posted.

And I will not post on this forum what I currently think about BMW.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 E61 530D - Dynamic Drive - Active Front Steering Sport Seats - Voice Control - Head Up Display - Nav Pro - Bluetooth - Panoramic roof - Front/rear heated seats

You are absolutely cursed, no other way to have so much bad luck. Two lemons in a row...

You have any idea what caused this limp mode episode?

Good luck to you and the unfortunate dealer rep that has to face you!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

Narv, what do you do with your cars?
Such a bad luck.. to my astonishment it's a 530i, like mine..

What kind of gas do you use? maybe this is the reason.
From time to time I use super+(>95 octane) instead of normal "super-gas"(95 octane).
Never use normal gas(91 octane).

Hope thing get better..

bye,Ivano
Old 09-30-2010, 12:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Bummer, dude. Hope you get the thing fixed, hang in there!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:27 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by ivano
Such a bad luck.. to my astonishment it's a 530i, like mine..

What kind of gas do you use? maybe this is the reason.From time to time I use super+(>95 octane) instead of normal "super-gas"(95 octane).

Hope thing get better..

bye,Ivano
I agree. You really need to stop using Diesel. I know its cheaper, but you're just asking for trouble with your 530i. (- sorry, couldn't resist)

Really sorry to hear about this mate, especially after everything you have been through with the last car. Of all the engines, you would expect the I6s (without TT!) to be the most robust, especially in an end of life LCI model.
Good luck getting it sorted and let us know how you get on...
Old 09-30-2010, 04:19 AM
Senior Members

Pretty weird stuff. Maybe in Munich they have your name in a secret black book in the special department in the basement? What have you done in the past? Bashed them in some Audi forum? Well, you will probably do that pretty soon anyways

I find this unbeliavable and again knock on wood about my 530d with 155,000 km and no engine problems so far...

Good luck with this, I hope its something minor!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Members

My Ride: Bmw 545i M Sport( Sold)

Regardless if you gonna switch to differ car manufacture, just hope you'll have a luck with your new car or maybe something minor caused your beautifull german language.
Sorry to hear
Old 10-01-2010, 03:06 AM
Senior Members

Thanks guys, much appreciated in a hard time like this

Originally Posted by Theo
You have any idea what caused this limp mode episode?

Good luck to you and the unfortunate dealer rep that has to face you!
Malfunctioning magnetic valve for the VANOS on the intake side. The're changing both valvues just in case.

Originally Posted by ivano

What kind of gas do you use? maybe this is the reason.
From time to time I use super+(>95 octane) instead of normal "super-gas"(95 octane).
I seriously don't know!!! Maybe I should have bought a diesel instead; much queing; thanks to the torque I seldom go over 3000 rpm...

I always use 95 RON, unless I'm flying on Autobahn; then I upgrade to 98/V-power. In Sweden, 95 is actually the recommendation from BMW (whereas in Germany they recommend 98 - same car though...)

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Bummer, dude. Hope you get the thing fixed, hang in there!
I'm not quitting yet. I will win this battle.

Originally Posted by xBMWx
I agree. You really need to stop using Diesel. I know its cheaper, but you're just asking for trouble with your 530i. (- sorry, couldn't resist)
I thought the expression goes "there's no harm in trying" ... Come on Pete, don't be so conservative!
Old 10-01-2010, 03:07 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mmitev
Pretty weird stuff. Maybe in Munich they have your name in a secret black book in the special department in the basement? What have you done in the past? Bashed them in some Audi forum? Well, you will probably do that pretty soon anyways
First, there are a couple of Herr Doktor's that should be veeery careful walking in badly lit streets in the future. It may be veery, veery painful. Ja.

Secondly, I haven't bashed them at all - it's not my style. And maybe that's the problem?

Originally Posted by Dulla
Regardless if you gonna switch to differ car manufacture, just hope you'll have a luck with your new car or maybe something minor caused your beautifull german language.
Sorry to hear
Still hanging in there, but I have to admit that going back to Alfa is much more possible outcome that a couple of years back.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

Really 98 ROZ for Germany?
I'm sure that's only 95 here too..but from time to time I fill up with 98 ROZ...

btw: As an Italian I love italian cars, but I would never drive one for sure.. I know some bad stories(Well, you show me the opposite) about italian cars..
They are not made for northern europe climate

Anyway, good luck on this and keep your head up, there's always something that could be more worse than that..

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Quick Reply: German is a beautiful language