E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Extended voice-activated system

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 05:31 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bruce, well sadly with the ?200 code required now, those days are over im afraid. Great price though! But anyway is the voice thing any good, i have the media pack on my car and would like to know i you would spend ?250 on voice TODAY, ie is it worth the money??
Old 04-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Members

Hi,

I picked up my July 2005 535 on Tuesday and reading a spec sheet from the year mentioned basic voice activation as a feature of the media pack, suffice to say it does not seem to be working or enabled so I'm in the same position of probably opting for the dealer install.

I've asked for pricing from 2 local dealer but High Wycomb seems not so far away now...

C
Old 04-16-2008, 04:45 AM
Members

Dealer is now saying it will take TWO complete vehicle programmings to do this. One to get to base coding level whatever that is, and then another to add/activate voice control. Thus he wants twice the cost, of programming so its bye bye from me.

Just to check is this true, as it does sound like a bit of BS to me, I got the impression he didnt want to do it (A nightmare on pre 2007 cars apparently)?? Anybody know the definitive answer?
Old 04-28-2008, 03:16 AM
Members

Hi All,

Just thought I would add to this topic as mine is in the process of being upgraded today.

Following on from some of the comments left here I contact "coopers" in Norwich ex-Lind dealers. the guy still works there but never after the intial request never returned my call .

Went to my local dealer who said yes but for 400+ to do it. Anyway after needing a complete software re-build due to rough running engine at idle, they agreed to a fixed price of ?210 (50 part and 160 labour) it really does seem they dont want to do it, but if you can wangle a software upgrade its worth doing.

I will drop another post after fitment to let you know about the hidden extras.

My original post (including the software upgrade) http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=54128

Cheers
Old 04-28-2008, 03:42 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by CarloTT' post='560172' date='Apr 12 2008, 05:29 AM
Hi,

I picked up my July 2005 535 on Tuesday and reading a spec sheet from the year mentioned basic voice activation as a feature of the media pack, suffice to say it does not seem to be working or enabled so I'm in the same position of probably opting for the dealer install.

I've asked for pricing from 2 local dealer but High Wycomb seems not so far away now...

C
This used to be outside of the Media Pack but then sometime in 2007 they brought it into the Media Package but increased the price of the package itself. Note that Basic Voice is still included if you have just the Bluetooth but without the Professional Navigation. The moment you add Professional Navigation then Basic Voice is REMOVED and you have to add Extended Voice to get any Voice.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:30 AM
Members

Popping by to let you all know the Retro-Fit is in and working fine.

Its really good and makes using the i-drive system simple, inputting destination details into the Nav is tricky espically picking road names but the rest of the functions work first time (If i say the right words )

Total bill ?213, Stratstone Derby 29/4/08.

To get this price though you will need a way of getting a software upgrade on the car under warrenty! mines now running v29.1
Old 05-02-2008, 09:51 AM
Members

Hi Chris

You appear to have managed to dodge the ?210+VAT activation code. Quite how is beyond me as several dealers have all quoted me an identical price for it.

It just makes one wonder if in fact they are supposed to buy this code, but actually have one that works and charge customers anyway? Or maybe i am a cynical old sod because i can't get anyone to take mine on without this 'extra' charge.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:27 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Robbage' post='573079' date='May 2 2008, 06:51 PM
Hi Chris

You appear to have managed to dodge the ?210+VAT activation code. Quite how is beyond me as several dealers have all quoted me an identical price for it.

It just makes one wonder if in fact they are supposed to buy this code, but actually have one that works and charge customers anyway? Or maybe i am a cynical old sod because i can't get anyone to take mine on without this 'extra' charge.
The only way is to get them to upgrade the vehicle software without paying is for another reason, mine was lumpy running engine when idleing.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Members

As mentioned before SVS (Voice recognition) needs the "retrofit kit" part number 84640396162 and the "activation code" part number 65836976392.

May be it?s possible to do ourselves the physical retrofiting. This retrofit is according to EBA 0396163 and EBA 0430248.

Could someone give those EBA?s to the forum and that way decrease the final amount if we do the job ourselves?

Thank you.

Nacho.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Senior Members

All these topics seem to imply people doing a retro fit from Basic voice control to Extended voice control. Is a retro fit possible from No voice control to Extended voice control?

TIA

Quick Reply: Extended voice-activated system