E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Eastern Europe DVD for E61 Navi Prof - is this joke realy true?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 02:50 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Just call it a TV and you should be fine.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:35 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='544678' date='Mar 14 2008, 01:50 PM
Just call it a TV and you should be fine.
Well...my Dad is watching TV and an empty screen for 4 years in his E61 and I have a feeling that his next car wont be a BMW.
Im still weighing my choices but frankly...Im getting lost everywhere I go (just like my Dad) so navigation is a real blessing for me. Im seriously considering an E500 instead.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Senior Members

Location: Luxembourg (work) / Germany (home) / Poland (heart ;)
My Ride: MY RIDES: Previous: 1997 BMW 528i E39 | graphit mettalic | black leather | electric heated and pumped comfort seats + memory (seats, wheel, mirrors) | factory xenon | LPG gas installation (Dutch / Prinz) w/direct sequential injection (same pwr and same cons.)+80L tank in the spare wheel place | cruise ctrl, electric sunshade | ABS | ESP | 4 airbags (never used :) | electronic AC (2 side) | Board computer | Leather heated multifunction wheel | Radio Profess.+tape+6 CD changer+subwoofer+10 spkrs+DSP | alu 17" AEZ + Turanza 235/45/ZR17 | rain sensor | factory GSM built-in | Asus A636 GPS navigation TomTom | HISTORY: 1999 BMW 735 | 1994 VW Golf GT | 1994 Citroen Xantia | 1997 Renault Megane Coupe | 2000 Alfa Romeo 146 | 1994 Renault 19 | 1995 Toyota Camry | 1994 Audi 100 | 1978 VW Golf (the only diesel so far...) FUTURE: (2011-2012) F11 530xd Msport ultimate DREAM: M5 diesel :)

I am not sure how certain this info is but it comes from a friend of mine in Poland who ordered and bought a new E90 with Navi Prof only to find out at the delivery day that... despite the fact that he paid about 3000 EUR (or even more, I don't remember now, the pricelist is apparently much higher in POland than in western EU) the navigation will only work... in western EU, as the map for Poland is not yet available.
E90 seems to be equipped with the quite similar CCC system as E60, so I guess the software is alike.

Well anyway, being a lawyer he prepared an official letter to BMW promising them a civil lawsuit if not reimbursed for the option paid and yet not functional in the region where the car is intended to be primary used and for the misleading information he was provided during the car-ordering process.
The last I heard from him he received a sort of apologizing reply, promising to be supplied with a FREE DVD disk including Poland "most probably" in the second half of the 2008 year.

I don't know if it helps you anyway, but a small info I happen to come accross with.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530d '04

Its seems that 2008-2 will contain Eastern Europe (but detail level of maps is not clear for this region).

Originally Posted by luxembourg' post='546972' date='Mar 18 2008, 07:31 PM
I am not sure how certain this info is but it comes from a friend of mine in Poland who ordered and bought a new E90 with Navi Prof only to find out at the delivery day that... despite the fact that he paid about 3000 EUR (or even more, I don't remember now, the pricelist is apparently much higher in POland than in western EU) the navigation will only work... in western EU, as the map for Poland is not yet available.
E90 seems to be equipped with the quite similar CCC system as E60, so I guess the software is alike.

Well anyway, being a lawyer he prepared an official letter to BMW promising them a civil lawsuit if not reimbursed for the option paid and yet not functional in the region where the car is intended to be primary used and for the misleading information he was provided during the car-ordering process.
The last I heard from him he received a sort of apologizing reply, promising to be supplied with a FREE DVD disk including Poland "most probably" in the second half of the 2008 year.

I don't know if it helps you anyway, but a small info I happen to come accross with.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Members

My Ride: A 520 D, Steptronic, june 2006, Black Sapphire, Black Excusive leather, Bi-Xenon, Adaptive headlights, Sound System, Navi-Pro, High Gloss Shadow Line, Sun Protection Glass, M-Sport steering wheel, Auto-Dim int + Folding Ext mirrors, Rear side airbags, Anthracite Headlining, Automatic Air Conditioning Advanced

In a German BMW-forum, a member mentioned that the Navi-DVD 08-02 will be delivered at the end of april, next month. Maybe this version will already cover Poland, who knows.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Kazimierz' post='547015' date='Mar 18 2008, 08:35 PM
In a German BMW-forum, a member mentioned that the Navi-DVD 08-02 will be delivered at the end of april, next month. Maybe this version will already cover Poland, who knows.

Thats usefull info, thanks. Lets hope it will contain more then just the major Polish cities.
Looks like theres hope.

Edit:

I just called BWM Poland and its official...The new Navi DVD 08-02 will NOT contain Poland.
They said that that version 09-01 will contain maps for Poland, its supposed to come out in October 2008.
From what I read around the Polish forums though, BMW is seeling the same shit story for over 3 years now.
I even found some desperate guys on a Polish forum saying that there trying to convert the old Navi CD that contains Poland to work on the Navi Proffessional reader in E60's
A week ago I wrote an email to BMW, I got an answer today that they will answer soon - joke, realy.
Im officialy looking to buy an E500 statring from today and I sincerely hope that BMW will freakin choke on their sleek customer support.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

Originally Posted by koti' post='544459' date='Mar 14 2008, 01:23 AM
My Dad owns a 2004 E61 with "professional navigation", hes located in Warsaw/Poland
As far as I know BMW did not launch a map for eastern europe for this navigation system.
Hes got the car for almost 4 years now and he cant use the damn navigation system in Poland. As soon as he goes abroad the maps work fine.
Im thinking of buying a 2005 E60 545i myself and frankly, Im having second thoughts to go for a Mercedes E500 instead.
I mean how screwed up is that...4 years without a damn map, is this realy true ?
Hope someone can give me some input on that, thanks in advance.
As far as I know and was told, you can buy the original Navteq DVD containing Eastern Europe from the Navteq's web site. BMW Munich told me that it works on all pre LCI models. May be now they have updated it and it works on LCI too. I will try to ask Nawteq directly.

Navteq
Old 03-19-2008, 04:37 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ///Marco.it' post='547405' date='Mar 19 2008, 11:03 AM
As far as I know and was told, you can buy the original Navteq DVD containing Eastern Europe from the Navteq's web site. BMW Munich told me that it works on all pre LCI models. May be now they have updated it and it works on LCI too. I will try to ask Nawteq directly.

Navteq

Marco...will the Navteq Eastern Europe 5 Series - SVDO CD Navigation work in my Dad's E61 Professional Navigation ?
Old 03-19-2008, 05:40 AM
Senior Members

Location: Luxembourg (work) / Germany (home) / Poland (heart ;)
My Ride: MY RIDES: Previous: 1997 BMW 528i E39 | graphit mettalic | black leather | electric heated and pumped comfort seats + memory (seats, wheel, mirrors) | factory xenon | LPG gas installation (Dutch / Prinz) w/direct sequential injection (same pwr and same cons.)+80L tank in the spare wheel place | cruise ctrl, electric sunshade | ABS | ESP | 4 airbags (never used :) | electronic AC (2 side) | Board computer | Leather heated multifunction wheel | Radio Profess.+tape+6 CD changer+subwoofer+10 spkrs+DSP | alu 17" AEZ + Turanza 235/45/ZR17 | rain sensor | factory GSM built-in | Asus A636 GPS navigation TomTom | HISTORY: 1999 BMW 735 | 1994 VW Golf GT | 1994 Citroen Xantia | 1997 Renault Megane Coupe | 2000 Alfa Romeo 146 | 1994 Renault 19 | 1995 Toyota Camry | 1994 Audi 100 | 1978 VW Golf (the only diesel so far...) FUTURE: (2011-2012) F11 530xd Msport ultimate DREAM: M5 diesel :)

Originally Posted by koti' post='547453' date='Mar 19 2008, 01:37 PM
will the Navteq Eastern Europe 5 Series - SVDO CD Navigation work in my Dad's E61 Professional Navigation ?
Koti, If I were you, I would ask Navteq directly if this map is compatible with your car (quote the VIN number though to let them be sure what are they talking about and to have it all on paper), and then just buy it from them. If it eventually doesn't work, simply send it back for a full refund along with their (possible) prior confirmation that it works fine in your E60. Problem solved

And please.... don't tell us you're up to buy a E500 only because its navigation system... and because BMW upsets you with its odd marketing...

I don't know Mercedes that well though, perhaps they are better cars than ours? I really can't say, I even once went into the MB garage but being myself still below 50 years old I felt sooooo strange around there... I almost felt the salesman's eyes on my back, asking: "c'mon kid, what are you doing here?.... it's your grandpa's dealeship..."
(don't take it personally, please - we're all friends here... )
Old 03-19-2008, 06:08 AM
Members

Originally Posted by luxembourg' post='547466' date='Mar 19 2008, 04:40 PM
Koti, If I were you, I would ask Navteq directly if this map is compatible with your car (quote the VIN number though to let them be sure what are they talking about and to have it all on paper), and then just buy it from them. If it eventually doesn't work, simply send it back for a full refund along with their (possible) prior confirmation that it works fine in your E60. Problem solved

And please.... don't tell us you're up to buy a E500 only because its navigation system... and because BMW upsets you with its odd marketing...

I don't know Mercedes that well though, perhaps they are better cars than ours? I really can't say, I even once went into the MB garage but being myself still below 50 years old I felt sooooo strange around there... I almost felt the salesman's eyes on my back, asking: "c'mon kid, what are you doing here?.... it's your grandpa's dealeship..."
(don't take it personally, please - we're all friends here... )
Thank You for the NAVI purchase tip, Your strategy sounds top-end.
Being here though, I decided that I might as well ask if it will work in my Dads E61 and in my future E60 if I will be getting one, I thought that the idea behind forums like this one is just that - I hope I didnt offend You by that

Please dont tell me not to tell You that Im considering an E500
Why shall I not state my thoughts about a car purchase here and related pros & cons ?
Im 33 years old by the way.
E500 seems like a nice car and yes...navigation IS important to me.
BMW is the better handling car though and yes....MB is kinda geriatric.
I want to buy the E60, Im just frustrated with the NAVI for which Im extremely sory (duh)

No hard feelings, I tend to write in this style so seriously...Im sory if I offended You.

Quick Reply: Eastern Europe DVD for E61 Navi Prof - is this joke realy true?