E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Does CPO cover diversity antenna?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 07:24 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 530xiT Black/Black Nav pan roof tint 30%/20% F/R, LED Interior, Matte Kidney Grills, RPi intake scoop, 5W LED AE's, Backed out emblems...
Default Does CPO cover diversity antenna?

Does anyone know if the CPO warranty covers the diversity antenna? My keyfob reception has been poor ever since I purchased the car last year. Just wanted to see if anyone knows, I'd like to get it replaced if its covered before my CPO runs out at the end of this year.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Members

No it doesn't, but some members have reported getting it covered as a " loyalty" claim.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:36 AM
New Members

I just had the diversity antenna replaced on my e61 at the dealer, try to get it covered or warrantied somehow it quite costly.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

Why isn't it? So a CPO isn't pretty much an extension of the regular warranty? A part breaking, I don't understand how it's not covered... Or is it that anything caused by water damage is excluded?
Old 11-11-2012, 06:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 530xiT Black/Black Nav pan roof tint 30%/20% F/R, LED Interior, Matte Kidney Grills, RPi intake scoop, 5W LED AE's, Backed out emblems...

Thanks guys, I will have to bring it in and see what the local dealer says. The remotes are working but I have to be no further than 5 feet from the car. Its a little annoying but not worth spending money on right now.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:06 AM
New Members

I am a new owner of a used 2010 wagon. My key remotes work, but I find I need to be within 6 feet or so of the vehicle. Is this the normal range or is my antenna going? I am just a few thousand miles shy of 50k...
Old 12-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Lotus99
Why isn't it? So a CPO isn't pretty much an extension of the regular warranty? A part breaking, I don't understand how it's not covered... Or is it that anything caused by water damage is excluded?
Agree, should be covered. My car is currently in for a SZL module replacement, covered under CPO.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535 xi - M Sport Pkg & other goodies

What's this SZL module?
Old 12-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Members

Steering column switch module, it's the piece that all your steering gear goes into (turn indicators, wipers, cruise) and consolidates the signals into a message on the Byteflight bus. It also houses the steering angle sensor, which is some sort of optical sensor. When it goes bad, AWD, DSC, 4x4, startoff assistance inactive errors are reported on iDrive (since the steering angle sensor is no longer working for those systems), active headlights no longer turn, and none of the steering column switchgear/buttons work. In my case, the wipers also ran continuously.

SZL replacement requires programming; when I left work today it was 2 hrs into the programming and not finished. Thank god for CPO! Hope to pick it up tomorrow.

Sorry for the tangent, but back to the OP's question - I've actually complained on diversity antenna range, and without a stored code in the DME the dealer could not do anything. They said they would have addressed it if there was code.

Last edited by constant; 12-06-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:31 AM
New Members

My Ride: Boxster S

Originally Posted by msaudino
I am a new owner of a used 2010 wagon. My key remotes work, but I find I need to be within 6 feet or so of the vehicle. Is this the normal range or is my antenna going? I am just a few thousand miles shy of 50k...
I'm curious about the range as well. I have to be very close for my remotes to work. I also have comfort access and it only works with one of the keys
For some reason. Any comments on what the key range should be?

Quick Reply: Does CPO cover diversity antenna?