E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Diversity antenna

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 03:35 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 535 M-Sport
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by Happy2b5
Here's a shot of the original replaced one
Thank you for sharing!

Originally Posted by pavjayt
Not quite related to this particular problem, but do you guys have any idea why the range of my CAS system sucks? Sometimes it works normally, sometimes it doesnt work even when I touch the key to the door and try to open. Most of the time its works better on rear door handles. Forget about locking and unlocking the doors from any distance more than 20ft. To troubleshoot, I did open my D-Antenna module and is as clean as new inside.

Any ideas ???
This is a problem I have been experiencing, as has my local dealership. I've found that my front door handles aren't as effective/reliable as the rear door handles (similar to what you've mentioned.)

What I can add is that after performing a tail-gate wiring harness repair on a friend's E61, we observed incredible improvement of both remote triggering door locks as well as comfort-access responsiveness. I have it on my schedule to do the hinge repair on my E61 this July. I'm also picking up a new diversity antenna for follow-up testing
Old 05-22-2018, 01:17 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E61
Model Year: 2009
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by sterile stork
Thank you for sharing!

This is a problem I have been experiencing, as has my local dealership. I've found that my front door handles aren't as effective/reliable as the rear door handles (similar to what you've mentioned.)

What I can add is that after performing a tail-gate wiring harness repair on a friend's E61, we observed incredible improvement of both remote triggering door locks as well as comfort-access responsiveness. I have it on my schedule to do the hinge repair on my E61 this July. I'm also picking up a new diversity antenna for follow-up testing
I think I will wait for your feedback on this. Its just too weird for a luxury brand like BMW to have these kind of issues, especially when they provide this as an option and charge a premium for it.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:57 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i touring, N53, manual, PDC, DAB etc
Model Year: 2007

I picked up a nice s/h car but with fobs not working. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I had to sort all the hinge wiring AND the antenna.
I suggest checking out all the wiring first, before splashing out on a new antenna.