Diversity antenna - 5Series.net - Forums

E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Diversity antenna

Reply

 
 
 
Old 04-07-2018, 09:46 AM
  #1  
New Members
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3
My Ride: Bmw e61
Model Year: 2006
Default Diversity antenna

My keyfob stop working and radio lost memory

i cleaned the Diversity antenna and everything was working again. next day when i went to my car the keyfob did not work but radio memory is working
anyone know what could be the problem if it just stop working overnight?

BMW E61 520D 2006
Kquuki is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:57 AM
  #2  
Members
Senior Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 638
My Ride: BMW 550I BLK
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N62
Default

I have the same prob. the dealership don't know either. they said buy a new one for $500. not!!!!
star69me is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:44 AM
  #3  
New Members
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3
My Ride: Bmw e61
Model Year: 2006
Default

Originally Posted by star69me View Post
I have the same prob. the dealership don't know either. they said buy a new one for $500. not!!!!
So you cleaned it and it worked t hen stop working again?
Kquuki is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:14 PM
  #4  
Members
Senior Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 638
My Ride: BMW 550I BLK
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N62
Default

Originally Posted by Kquuki View Post
So you cleaned it and it worked t hen stop working again?
yes
star69me is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:40 AM
  #5  
New Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Bucharest
Posts: 15
My Ride: BMW E61 530d
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 3.0d
Default

I'd put my money on a tailgate wiring loom problem.

Had the same issue with keyfob not working, turned out to be a few shot wires, actually a lot of them, fixed them, replaced the whole damn loom with some repair kit, key works again. I also had a parasitic current draw issue because of the wires that were shorting there, this is also gone now.

Maybe when you worked around that area to clean the antenna, the broken wires moved in such a way that they made contact again, but after a while they moved again.
pole is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:06 AM
  #6  
New Members
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3
My Ride: Bmw e61
Model Year: 2006
Default

Originally Posted by pole View Post
I'd put my money on a tailgate wiring loom problem.

Had the same issue with keyfob not working, turned out to be a few shot wires, actually a lot of them, fixed them, replaced the whole damn loom with some repair kit, key works again. I also had a parasitic current draw issue because of the wires that were shorting there, this is also gone now.

Maybe when you worked around that area to clean the antenna, the broken wires moved in such a way that they made contact again, but after a while they moved again.

hmm maybe but i had water in the antenna and shit and it dont look very good
Kquuki is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 03:58 PM
  #7  
New Members
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13
My Ride: E61 535xi touring
Model Year: 2008
Default

I replaced mine. Keyless entry back and good range but am/fm not resolved. Thinking we have more going on with the damn hatch wiring. Not too worried about at this point. Maybe dig into some day but not looking forward to the frustration.
Happy2b5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:48 AM
  #8  
New Members
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: PDX
Posts: 35
My Ride: E61 535 M-Sport
Model Year: 2010
Default

Originally Posted by Happy2b5 View Post
I replaced mine. Keyless entry back and good range but am/fm not resolved. Thinking we have more going on with the damn hatch wiring. Not too worried about at this point. Maybe dig into some day but not looking forward to the frustration.
What PN did you replace with? I'm thinking to do this along with my lift-gate wiring repair activities in the next couple weeks.
sterile stork is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 03:49 PM
  #9  
New Members
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13
My Ride: E61 535xi touring
Model Year: 2008
Default

Here's a shot of the original replaced one
Happy2b5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:52 AM
  #10  
New Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: El Cerrito
Posts: 25
My Ride: 2009 E61
Model Year: 2009
Default

Not quite related to this particular problem, but do you guys have any idea why the range of my CAS system sucks? Sometimes it works normally, sometimes it doesnt work even when I touch the key to the door and try to open. Most of the time its works better on rear door handles. Forget about locking and unlocking the doors from any distance more than 20ft. To troubleshoot, I did open my D-Antenna module and is as clean as new inside.

Any ideas ???
pavjayt is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Diversity antenna


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.