E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Bodykit for an '08 E61 (LCI)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535xiT6
Model Year: 2008

Someone on one of these threads suggested getting a NON pdc bumper, of whatever brand/design you choose, them simply having the sensors cut into it, rather than trying to fit oem sensors to a pdc bumper that doesn't match the sizing.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:41 AM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2009 535xiT Silver/Gray with Sport, Nav, Cold, Convenience, Logic7 and more.

Originally Posted by jwestpro
Someone on one of these threads suggested getting a NON pdc bumper, of whatever brand/design you choose, them simply having the sensors cut into it, rather than trying to fit oem sensors to a pdc bumper that doesn't match the sizing.
Yes, I red that and that's the route I am taking.
However, the person who suggested that could not confirm it, so I had to do my own research.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 bmw 535i black sapphire metallic w/ tan interior , sports package , premium package , parking sensor, shades,usb , HRE 20's, CKS C1's coilovers, rpi scoop, OEM M5 side mirrors,OEM Gloss black kidney grills, ACS roof spoiler, ACS Trunk spoiler, 15% madico tint all around.. NEXT UP: bodykit and quads ( installing soon) cobb

I have a 08 lci and I was told I would need to buy new PDC sensors since my PDC size is smaller... hmmm any updates on this? Please confirm and maybe ill go with bumper without holes as well.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535xiT Silver/Gray with Sport, Nav, Cold, Convenience, Logic7 and more.

Originally Posted by sheldor535i
I have a 08 lci and I was told I would need to buy new PDC sensors since my PDC size is smaller... hmmm any updates on this? Please confirm and maybe ill go with bumper without holes as well.
See MyLink in post #40
No real update yet since M-tech kit is on national backorder, so I am expecting it to come in from Germany in 3-4 weeks.
I ordered non-PDC body kit and will drill those holes myself as suggested by some guy on this thread.

Nice wheels BTW, I am wondering if they will fit E61 xi
Old 08-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Members

Originally Posted by vash68
See MyLink in post #40
No real update yet since M-tech kit is on national backorder, so I am expecting it to come in from Germany in 3-4 weeks.
I ordered non-PDC body kit and will drill those holes myself as suggested by some guy on this thread.

Nice wheels BTW, I am wondering if they will fit E61 xi
Instead of posting links to my other threads, here is a summary of my findings.
Moderators: sorry for repost, but I could not edit my messages in different threads, so copying content into this thread since it is the most relevant:

Originally Posted by vash68
I spent some time doing the same research on LCI PDC sensors reuse.
Here: My link
Here is the summary outcome for every body wanting to install M-tech NON-PDC body kit on their LCI car and reuse their PDC sensors and wiring:

Order NON-PDC Mtech kit (without PDC holes)
Order other inner-bumper bits necessary for LCI cars (per dealer recommendation per your VIN)

Order these PDC sensor mounts:

Mount for PDC sensor, front bumper P/N : 51110432215 $17.68 ( set of 4)
Mount for PDC sensor, rear bumper P/N : 51127178177 $8.95 (each)

These mounts are attache to the back of bumper covers with a double-sided tape as opposed to a being an integral part of a bumper cover, here is a link
http://www.realoem.c...315&hg=51&fg=15

My bodykit is on (back) order, so I DID NOT verify this myself yet!

But I have a sample PDC sensor mount (rear) in my posession and can confirm:
It does fit LCI 17mm PDC sensors from looking at it.
It does come with the double-sided tape already attached.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 08 535xiT - Sapphire Black / Beige

Can 100% confirm the damn pdc sensors are held on by double stick tape. Not bad for a sixty grand ride. Careful when sticking em back on. If you don't mount them flush enough they may give bad readings.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Members

Originally Posted by gummysDad
Can 100% confirm the damn pdc sensors are held on by double stick tape. Not bad for a sixty grand ride. Careful when sticking em back on. If you don't mount them flush enough they may give bad readings.

LOL!
Thanks to super fast depreciation I was able to pick up mine slightly used for almost a bargain compare to 71K sticker
I have just came over here from Acura camp, this is my first BMW and I am really disappointed by several design approaches, its archaic electronics, user interface and electric system implementation. And wtf is wrong with this comfort access...
However, I bought this car for it's sweet power plant, decent suspension and a utility of a wagon:
it won over Acura TSX wagon by 2 extra cylinders, bi-turbo setup and AWD
/end of rant

Anyway, thanks for confirming this. My kit is still on back order.
So did you end up swapping M-tech bumpers with PDC holes for no-PDC bumpers or did you simply get a set of pre-LCI sensors?
Any pictures of your kit installed?
Old 08-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Members

My Ride: 08 535xiT - Sapphire Black / Beige

The guys at motorcepts here in NYC hooked me up with an M5 rep front bumper and side skirts just yesterday. Came out great, but since it was pouring cats and dogs on my way to their shop, the bumper and skirts are clean but the rest of the car is FILTHY. Will post some pix soon once I've had a chance to clean it...provided it's not washed away by irene.
The car and I had a love hate relationship from the start, after I bought it cpo then proceeded to have it in the shop 5 consecutive times for engine issues. All is solved now tho, and with help of the nice folks at Cobb/ModBargains it really flies. I swear it could hang with / beat my old 2001 carerra 4. As far as design issues, some things are great and well thought out, like the glass in the rear hatch, or the butt warmers that can change to be all back or all butt, but other things, like you mentioned (electronics placement, panoramic roof drains, hpfp, etc)...wtf!
Best of luck with mods, post pix when you're done.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi wagon. Monaco Blue/Dakota Brown interior, M Package

Originally Posted by gummysDad
The guys at motorcepts here in NYC hooked me up with an M5 rep front bumper and side skirts just yesterday. Came out great, but since it was pouring cats and dogs on my way to their shop, the bumper and skirts are clean but the rest of the car is FILTHY. Will post some pix soon once I've had a chance to clean it...provided it's not washed away by irene.
The car and I had a love hate relationship from the start, after I bought it cpo then proceeded to have it in the shop 5 consecutive times for engine issues. All is solved now tho, and with help of the nice folks at Cobb/ModBargains it really flies. I swear it could hang with / beat my old 2001 carerra 4. As far as design issues, some things are great and well thought out, like the glass in the rear hatch, or the butt warmers that can change to be all back or all butt, but other things, like you mentioned (electronics placement, panoramic roof drains, hpfp, etc)...wtf!
Best of luck with mods, post pix when you're done.
what about the rear bumper. I'm interested in hearing the story of someone who has actually mounted the replica rear bumper and done the PDC sensor transfer. My car has front and side skirts, but just looks silly without the rear.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 bmw 535i black sapphire metallic w/ tan interior , sports package , premium package , parking sensor, shades,usb , HRE 20's, CKS C1's coilovers, rpi scoop, OEM M5 side mirrors,OEM Gloss black kidney grills, ACS roof spoiler, ACS Trunk spoiler, 15% madico tint all around.. NEXT UP: bodykit and quads ( installing soon) cobb

actually the Rep Bumpers will have no problem with the LCI PDC sensors, its the OEM Mtech bumpers we need to figure out since the LCI PDC is smaller than the OEM MTECH KIT ( LCI uses Pre LCI Kits) thats why us LCI E60 guys would need to buy new set of PDC sensors (total of 8 = 4front 4rear) plus New brackets to hold the bumpers in place. I was told that I can just get MTECH without PDC, but I would have to take out my PDC but it will need to be reprogrammed... question is if I take off the PDC will this void the warranty?

Quick Reply: Bodykit for an '08 E61 (LCI)