E61 Touring Discussion The touring is also known as the wagon version of the 5 series.

Bad Friday

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535dSE - Amethyst Grey, No model insc, standard wheels, Dynamic Drive, Rear side airbags, Auto-dim ext & int mirrors, Myrtle wood trim, Amethyst-Exclusive Leather, Heated front & rear seats, Active front seats, Electric comfort seats, Visibilty Pack, Pro Sat-Nav with TV, Bluetooth, Sun Protection glass.

Sorry to hear about your bad day. As always, the main thing is that everyone can walk away. I got hit head on by a police car years ago (fortunately there were loads of witnesses queuing up to give me their details!). It took them ages for them to settle, which caused long delays in the repair and then they tried to wriggle out of paying for a replacement hire car. I really hope your experience is better than mine was.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:47 AM
Members

Take them to the cleaners!

Equivelent courtesy car , compensation for you having to go round the body shops etc etc etc.

Had the boot been on the other foot they wouldnt be holding back. Knocking a policeman off a bike , they would throw the book at you.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530d Sport Touring (E61). Silver Grey, Automatic, Professional SatNav, Black Leather, Heated Seats, Folding Mirrors, 6CD changer, Bi-Xenons, Bluetooth

Originally Posted by fuzzer' post='424134' date='May 14 2007, 06:47 AM
Take them to the cleaners!

Equivelent courtesy car , compensation for you having to go round the body shops etc etc etc.

Had the boot been on the other foot they wouldnt be holding back. Knocking a policeman off a bike , they would throw the book at you.

I'll take that into consideration and especially if I get any hassle! The situation right now is that I've posted off my version of events along with photographs of the scene and several detailed maps to my insurers and tomorrow my car is being collected and the courtesy car delivered. Hopefully, if all goes to plan I should get my car back by Wednesday or Thursday next week. Fortunately, my insurer has already OK'd the repairs so at least that aspect has been sorted, now, as you say, it's a case of getting back my out of pocket expenses and my insurance excess.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530d Sport Touring (E61). Silver Grey, Automatic, Professional SatNav, Black Leather, Heated Seats, Folding Mirrors, 6CD changer, Bi-Xenons, Bluetooth

Originally Posted by den535d' post='423704' date='May 12 2007, 12:40 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad day. As always, the main thing is that everyone can walk away. I got hit head on by a police car years ago (fortunately there were loads of witnesses queuing up to give me their details!). It took them ages for them to settle, which caused long delays in the repair and then they tried to wriggle out of paying for a replacement hire car. I really hope your experience is better than mine was.

I also hope my experience is better than yours, so far, everything involving my insurers is running to plan (getting car repaired, arranging courtesy car) but I don't suppose I'll see my excess or any other of my costs for a very long time!
Old 05-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Senior Members

Angry

Originally Posted by rort1' post='422280' date='May 8 2007, 01:11 PM
aqkhan6us I sincerely hope you are joking with a post like that!
No Sir,
I mean most of them...
Old 05-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Contributors

Horrid basic Ford Ka delivered yesterday and my Touring taken away for repair. The delivery driver kept joking about the fact that he'd got the better deal out of the arrangement, i.e. he got to drive away in a decent car and left the rubbish one with me.

Drove the Ford Ka into work this morning and it's as horrible as I thought it'd be - no power, no aircon, no central or remote locking, not even electric windows. It even has a radio/cassette - who these days still uses cassettes!

Not a happy bunny today - going to take out my frustrations on everyone around me by being a really miserable git all day.

[At least I get to use my wife's car next week - actually, it's my b***dy car I'm paying the b***dy finance on it - how did that happen?!]
Old 05-18-2007, 01:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Mike O' post='424922' date='May 16 2007, 01:24 AM
Horrid basic Ford Ka delivered yesterday and my Touring taken away for repair. The delivery driver kept joking about the fact that he'd got the better deal out of the arrangement, i.e. he got to drive away in a decent car and left the rubbish one with me.

Drove the Ford Ka into work this morning and it's as horrible as I thought it'd be - no power, no aircon, no central or remote locking, not even electric windows. It even has a radio/cassette - who these days still uses cassettes!

Not a happy bunny today - going to take out my frustrations on everyone around me by being a really miserable git all day.

[At least I get to use my wife's car next week - actually, it's my b***dy car I'm paying the b***dy finance on it - how did that happen?!]
My car before and after.
Attached Thumbnails Bad Friday-p4210003.jpg   Bad Friday-accident_04_05_2007_06.jpg  
Old 05-22-2007, 01:25 AM
Contributors

Rant, rave, etc.

Just spoke to the bodyshop and found out that I probably won't get my car back until next week. The replacement panels that were ordered turned up damaged and had to be returned. The new panels have only just arrived which means that work can only now start :-((
Old 05-22-2007, 03:30 AM
Members

If I had seen this sooner I would told you what to do with that Ford Ka

In a non fault accident you are entitled to a like for like car which the other persons insurance company have to pay for.

I have used a company called Swift here in the UK 3 times now !

My old audi A4 went in twice and I had an A4 once and an A6 the other time.

Somebody hit my 535 whilst parked and luckily I got details.

I had a 730d for about 5 days, and then when the brakes wore out on that one , they sent down an Audi A8 for the remaining 5 days or so.

They have loads of 530ds and 535ds but as I had used them a bit they gave me a free upgrade to the 7/A8.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 535dBoy' post='427091' date='May 22 2007, 06:30 AM
If I had seen this sooner I would told you what to do with that Ford Ka

In a non fault accident you are entitled to a like for like car which the other persons insurance company have to pay for.

I have used a company called Swift here in the UK 3 times now !

My old audi A4 went in twice and I had an A4 once and an A6 the other time.

Somebody hit my 535 whilst parked and luckily I got details.

I had a 730d for about 5 days, and then when the brakes wore out on that one , they sent down an Audi A8 for the remaining 5 days or so.

They have loads of 530ds and 535ds but as I had used them a bit they gave me a free upgrade to the 7/A8.
Well, my insurance is due for renewal in August so I think I'll be asking Swift for a quote (not that I intend to have another accident!). Strangely enough, my wife had someone hit the back of her car in a queue of traffic just the other day - luckily there was no damage - I couldn't stand to lose both BMW's at the same time.

Quick Reply: Bad Friday