E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Stock Subwoofer Replacement- E60

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by IndyRedBeast
Are they a direct reaplacement? no problems to swap them out with the stocks?
Yes but will need to be powered by an aftermarket amp.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What happens if you just drop it in as a replacement to the OEM sub - will it work and just sound like the OEM, no better? Or is there a technical reason that this Earthquake sub won't work with the stock Logic7 amp and needs an additional amp? It sounds like feedback from posts are saying both things.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

It is more powerful thus needing more power to run. It will not sound like oem.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Members

Is there a drop-in sub replacement that will perform like an OEM?
Old 05-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 528i Alpine White

Originally Posted by NC-535
Is there a drop-in sub replacement that will perform like an OEM?

Ok I think I have your answer. I have been searching for a replacement speakers for awhile now. I have talked to many high end stereo shops and have found a perfect replacement speaker that sounds great and isnt expensive. The company is called AUDIO SYSTEM. They are a Europeon comapny that make car audio stuff for MBZ, AUDI, VW, and for our beloved BMW's. I have been meaning to get the word out, but been very busy.

Anyways look at their website, AUDIOSYSTEM-EUROPE.COM. They make drop in speakers for our 5 series that sound great. There is a guy here on the forum that has a E60 and owns a high end stereo shop in Southern CA, called METHOD SOUND. I think his name is Mikely, do a search here and he should pop up. He sells the Audio System equip. Where I first heard of them was at SOUND INNOVATIONS, in Northern CA. I spoke with Ernie, the owner there and he swears by them. They are alot better than the Earthquakes and pioneer and so on. And the great thing is that they are made specific for the BMW speaker and woofer replacement. The model number is AX 08 BMW 200mm neodymium bass. They also have a complete speaker replacement package which is model# X-ION 200 BMW.

I'll try to post more info, when I get a chance, hope this helps out. Also try calling the 2 stereo shops or go to their websites to see their work. Both shops do amazing work and have been in car audio magazines.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Members

My Ride: E61 LCI 535dA SportEdition 2010

Rainbow x-plain w200, will fit with small modding and diy frame:

But you have to add AMP for them, otherwise the benefit is very very small. First I played those with OEM L7 amp, but the sound was not good at all.. BUT we had a separate amplifier for a completely different level!
Old 05-17-2011, 01:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Go earthquake and upgraded amp...you'll be happy you did. You can buy a pair on eBay for like $200 a set. As others have mentioned adding a better woofer than OEM would require a more powerful amp in the trunk or you wont notice the benifit. If not an interested I got a OEM subwoofer Ill sell ya. Boxed them up and they've been sitting in the closet....PM me if interested.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:33 AM
Members

Originally Posted by IceyTys
Go earthquake and upgraded amp...you'll be happy you did. You can buy a pair on eBay for like $200 a set. As others have mentioned adding a better woofer than OEM would require a more powerful amp in the trunk or you wont notice the benifit. If not an interested I got a OEM subwoofer Ill sell ya. Boxed them up and they've been sitting in the closet....PM me if interested.
New to the forum, and can't find the Personal Messenger portal (help file pointed me to my user name drop-down menu, but no luck there). I am interested in buying a used OEM subwoofer. Try and PM me if you can. Thanks!
Old 05-24-2011, 05:55 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Rainbow x-plain w200, will fit with small modding and diy frame:
At the rate at which sub-woofers are being upgraded these days for our 5 Series, a custom DIY template to fit the Rainbows, Kickers, Jenherts etc would probably sell very well. Ha Ha.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by Georgieb
At the rate at which sub-woofers are being upgraded these days for our 5 Series, a custom DIY template to fit the Rainbows, Kickers, Jenherts etc would probably sell very well. Ha Ha.
Those spacers are sold at the 3-Series forum.

Quick Reply: Stock Subwoofer Replacement- E60