E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Self Installed Backup camera or Reverse camera

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 07:25 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535
Model Year: 2010
Default Self Installed Backup camera or Reverse camera

Items used for CIC car

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281474833928?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
New car interface video for BMW CIC from 2009 1/3/5/7/X1/X3/X5/X6 etc-in Car DVD from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Works very well lot of options and features including PIP.. Cost me total under $300. Have capabilities to add front camera and many other things including phone screen mirroring.

Pretty easy to install.. I ran the wires from the driver side trunk hinge all the way to the front glove box and did the integration of the box behind the nav screen. used a wire to fish wires without taking any panels apart. done in 3 hours.
Programmed the video box as per the instructions...

Very similar product here..
BMW PIP Interface for BMW with Round Connector

Instruction and Programming manual here.. the latest version is attached
http://car-solutions.com/nfs/product...anual_v5.5.pdf

For CCC Cars
Yes you have options too.. do communicate with these folks they seem to have a good range and know their BMWs and what is compatible to them.

PIP Video Interface for BMW 3/5/6 Series. Buy Online

BMW CCC Video Interface. Video Interface for BMW 5, 3, 1 Series, X5, X6

Aliexpress.com : Buy Car interface video for BMW CCC E60/E90/E91 etc 2004 2008 (Support PIP functions) from Reliable video capture device for pc suppliers on Car life Mall Technology, To be NO. 1 | Alibaba Group

The seller on Ali Express is very good and researches and responds well. You can also download the manual and read the details for clarity on what works for you. Even though that can be done this module is more of a Video switch.. it is a third party module and not from BMW. Please do read the posted links and attached PDF for more details.. this is what some Back up camera solution providers give you and charge you over $500 and even $600.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
1410 NEW.pdf (2.89 MB, 819 views)
Old 08-07-2015, 07:58 AM
New Members

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi
Model Year: 2008
Engine: n54

Oh this is definitely interesting.. that price is a lot better/easier on my conscience! I'm going to look into this..
Old 08-07-2015, 09:18 AM
Members

Originally Posted by rice_rocket88
Oh this is definitely interesting.. that price is a lot better/easier on my conscience! I'm going to look into this..
Yeah I spent a month researching this... essentially it is a nice high end video switch for your car with multiple inputs and different types of inputs that can be configured with the provided remote control. It integrates with CAN so you have some ways to using your steering buttons or iDrive.. Love it so far... PM me if you need any guidance..
Old 08-12-2015, 05:55 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i xdrive

This is great. I have also been looking around and the prices are just too high, but your solution is egging me on to go this route.

During your research did you compare the bimmertech and modmynav solutions to yours? Since there are youtube videos on both thier systems how does yours compare? Video quality the same? By the way, is your tranny an automatic or manual?
Old 08-13-2015, 03:40 PM
Members

Originally Posted by skrelnik
This is great. I have also been looking around and the prices are just too high, but your solution is egging me on to go this route.

During your research did you compare the bimmertech and modmynav solutions to yours? Since there are youtube videos on both thier systems how does yours compare? Video quality the same? By the way, is your tranny an automatic or manual?
Yes.. I researched them all very completely...

infact will add Bimmeretrofit to your list too.. theirs seemed the most integrated but required coding and you had to take apart the CIC .. and was expensive.. I wanted that integration but decided against it...

Bimmertech and ModmyNav are exactly the same system as mine.. see the pictures of their parts list... I have a more modern system.. and I did not opt for dynamic lines version but the one with multiple AV inputs.. Yes.. I did it for less than $300 and if I went with either their system it would be close to $600.

At the end of the day the TRUE Original integration is only from Bimmerretrofit... all others are a high end Video switch with CAN capabilities.

My car is automatic... but you can make it work with Manual too as that you can program in that video switch box accordingly.