E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Retrofit semi to full electric

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 02:36 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by JuniorB
If you have full heat and memory function, then your comforts seats will work, no coding is nessasery, check the seat modules. All your functions are in the seat, that abs sensor in the pillar, shouldn't have anything to do with the seats. The seat module controls your seat functions, not the car. The car controls the heat and memory, the only seats that need wiring and coding is the active m5 seats with cooling, and sport bollosters, that's the big yellow plug.,
what i mean is i switched from my old half electric no memory but with heat ---> to the full electric with memory and heat. So there isnt just plug and play.... need b pillar airbag wiring for pretensioner and kbus/linbus for memory and seat functions to work on side buttons..

The cable that runs power and kbus (black connector under seat) makes it possible to control functions via inpa and heat works with button on dsc/pcs module. Not side buttons on the seat though..

Last edited by RinZzaN; 11-15-2017 at 02:48 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:14 AM
New Members

My Ride: ,retro sport button,comfort seats,m5 front and rear swaybars,pullbars,550 brakes kit with slotted and drilled rotors,upper strut brace,lower 2pt brace,3im,power box,m5 eom wheels,m5 rep bumper and skirts.
Model Year: 2007

Ahh ok, then yes, you need a whole new harness, do you have any wiring with the new seats? It should be all installed unless you need it from the seat out to your car. You car should already be equipped with the tensiors from the old seats. I have the same year and didn't run into this. If you have no heat, then it's going to be a whole other issue, unless you find a car with all this as a donor, cause it's intergaded with the idrive.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:43 AM
New Members

Ahh ok, then yes, you need a whole new harness, do you have any wiring with the new seats? It should be all installed unless you need it from the seat out to your car. You car should already be equipped with the tensiors from the old seats. I have the same year and didn't run into this. If you have no heat, then it's going to be a whole other issue, unless you find a car with all this as a donor, cause it's intergaded with the idrive.
on same retrofit a guy wrote "another important difference is, comfort seats does have additional pretensioner in back rest to react in collision and put the contour backrest to straight position. This must be wired to airbag module in B pillar "

I can take picture of my cars harness snd the seats harness if you want to see.
But i have heat and the new ones have heat so theres no problem there. Only where i should connect to get the controls to make the chairs move, where to connect in airbag module and what to code in VO to make restraint system work properly
Old 11-15-2017, 08:41 AM
New Members

My Ride: ,retro sport button,comfort seats,m5 front and rear swaybars,pullbars,550 brakes kit with slotted and drilled rotors,upper strut brace,lower 2pt brace,3im,power box,m5 eom wheels,m5 rep bumper and skirts.

Sport mode is tied into the side bolsters and suppose hug you when activated. It doesn't make any sense that pretensioners would make a difference on the mode your driving in, like sport mode. The m5 guys should be able to confirm if that's true, or the dealer. It all depends how far you want to go with this, if it's oem,then your talking a shitlload of wiring, and the heat/ dsc module. I have a non sport lci body harness and can try to identify some wires and it's color color if that helps.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:01 AM
New Members

Sport mode is tied into the side bolsters and suppose hug you when activated. It doesn't make any sense that pretensioners would make a difference on the mode your driving in, like sport mode. The m5 guys should be able to confirm if that's true, or the dealer. It all depends how far you want to go with this, if it's oem,then your talking a shitlload of wiring, and the heat/ dsc module. I have a non sport lci body harness and can try to identify some wires and it's color color if that helps.
i think you didnt get what i mean haha.. it supposed to put the head rest contour to straight position as what i understood it to be incase of collision.
i will take pixture and post and we can see if anything matches
Old 11-16-2017, 03:00 AM
New Members

I understood, it's seems impossible that a seat could adjust in a matter of milliseconds before a collision. Maybe in sport mode, the seat tensior had a different tension, but doubt it. A dealer would know it's true. From what I've found, the sport mode bollisters move with the steering, or something like that. Unless you try to wire in sport mode, I wouldn't be to concerned.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:41 AM
New Members

I understood, it's seems impossible that a seat could adjust in a matter of milliseconds before a collision. Maybe in sport mode, the seat tensior had a different tension, but doubt it. A dealer would know it's true. From what I've found, the sport mode bollisters move with the steering, or something like that. Unless you try to wire in sport mode, I wouldn't be to concerned.
maybe it adjustes after the collision? Idunno really but anyways i took picture of the cables maybe you can help me identify what cable goes where

This is the standard black connector with kbus and power

This one i connected to same color as the other which is for airbag i think right? Both from seat and car

this one i connected to power and ground since on other "retrofit diy" he did the same. Red and brown is car and red/green and brown is seat

these 4 cables are the ones i don't really know where to connect. My guess was the grey/brown grey/black was going to airbag module in b pillar and the black and red/grey was the linbus or kbus behind dsc/pdc module to make the seats move with controls

the black and red is the belt tensioner from the seat which im guessing it is. As the other cables im unsure also about but i guess the blue/white and brown/black is for belt tension since it was same spot on the yellow connector for the belt tensioner plug. The blue/yellow and brown im not sure about where they should go..

Would really appreciate it if you could help me figure this out
Old 10-05-2020, 02:32 PM
Probation Members

My Ride: 530D E61

Any news?