DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

Need help with wiring from basic half electric seats to full electric memory seats

Old 03-16-2013, 06:51 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,
Default Need help with wiring from basic half electric seats to full electric memory seats

Hi guys i needed help with wiring half electric seats to full electric memory sport seats

the car is a 2005 e60

im not sure good to wiring diagrams was wondering if any one could help who has done this mod and has experience with the wiring diagram

i want a easy diy guide that every one could use to do this mod in the future

any one know what wires i need to add to the seats and were they are located and colours

to make the fully electric memory seats

thanks
Old 03-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

got a bit of a idea by checking the wires as far as i can understand are these correct

on drivers seat

i need to connect the Red/Green to Power on rear fuse holder

Brown big wire to Earth

connect K can- SL Yellow wire pin 5 from Seat to Pin 12 on Centre Switch Console

connect K can- hL Black wire pin 6 from Seat to Pin 11 on Centre Switch Console

connect K Bus pin 3 from Centre Switch Console to driver seat adjusment switch
on WDS says to connect to driver seat adjustment switch is this wire not in the yellow connector,
Does this connect to the same black k can Sh wire???

are there any other wires i need to connect?

thanks
Old 03-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Members
Senior Members

Done now
Old 03-25-2013, 10:24 AM
New Members

My Ride: E60 525d SE

Can you write up how you did it please? Looking to add heated seats, form part electrics.

Thanks
Old 03-26-2013, 12:12 PM
Members
Senior Members

just as written above those wires and pins made it work
Old 12-12-2021, 11:00 AM
New Members

My Ride: e60 2008

Originally Posted by BallyM5
just as written above those wires and pins made it work
on my seat Can H/L comes from the seat computer with a red and brown wire on a black connector
on my seat controller there is 3 wires (pin 2 red/green) -(pin 3 brown/black) -(pin 23 black) wires, all located on the yellow connector

i tried wiring Can H/L to th H/L can wires from the centre switch then tried to find the Kbus

i tried to power the centre switch and the seat and apply power to the red/green wire and still nothing...