E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

No AUX joy..dealer cant get it to work

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 03:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Dealer has sent a puma to BMW for help. They have replaced the AUX kit and reprogrammed the CIP as if it were a new install (so they tell me).

Anyone know of any issues when an AUX port is used with Logic 7??
Old 09-21-2005, 03:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Absolutely no issues with any E60/E61/E63/E64 configuration. Bad, bad install. Some reports of reversed wiring instructions early on, but had not seen any reports recently.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:59 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Did they switch the position of the wires going into the connector, as called for on the bottom of page 6 of the instructions?
Old 09-21-2005, 11:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Originally Posted by stream' date='Sep 21 2005, 04:59 PM
Did they switch the position of the wires going into the connector, as called for on the bottom of page 6 of the instructions?
[snapback]173180[/snapback]
I'm pretty sure this is the point when they screw up, they look at the instructions, and seem to glaze over...they have even replaced the first AUX kit incase, I asked about the pinouts as described, they say that (and this is the bit which suggests that they didnt) the plg only goes in one way..

I said "not the plug", you need to phisically disconnect the wires from the kit as it is supplied as standard, and rewire as per section 6 in the insructions

Anyway, they owe me a phone call, in the morning after talking with BMW

PS they have no way of accessing the internet, cos I suggested they look at this forum for advice
Old 09-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by mixterk' date='Sep 21 2005, 01:19 PM
Anyone know of any issues when an AUX port is used with Logic 7??
[snapback]173095[/snapback]
There are no conflicts.

I have it on mine.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by stream' date='Sep 21 2005, 04:59 PM

They have booked the car in again on Friday next week. The feedback from BMW was something along the lines of check fuses, and PINOUTS. Told them to check the pinouts they said they had...if they had why are they now so confident that they can fix it in 1.5Hrs!!!!

He sounded embarrased on the phone, I will make full use of the hospitality area in the dealership again...my waistline is getting bigger :thumbsdown:
Old 09-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Members

Same problem here! Logic 7, aux input installed... no sound. Of course sevice was closed when I picked the car up.... Have to go back next week!
Old 09-30-2005, 10:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mixterk' date='Sep 22 2005, 03:53 PM
[quote name='stream' date='Sep 21 2005, 04:59 PM']Did they switch the position of the wires going into the connector, as called for on the bottom of page 6 of the instructions?

They have booked the car in again on Friday next week. The feedback from BMW was something along the lines of check fuses, and PINOUTS. Told them to check the pinouts they said they had...if they had why are they now so confident that they can fix it in 1.5Hrs!!!!

He sounded embarrased on the phone, I will make full use of the hospitality area in the dealership again...my waistline is getting bigger :thumbsdown:
[snapback]173566[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi all, said I would let you know when it was fixed...well miracles do happen, I can catagorically tell you that it was the pinouts as detailed in section 6 of the instruction guide readily available on this forum. In the end I had to stand over them and make sure they reterminated the lead as per the directions. So please remember this, if your AUX In doesnt work after its been programmed into the Idrive (you will know when this is done correctly as the AUX In option will appear on screen) it is 99% sure to be the fact that they havnt followed the retermination of the pinouts. Now its done it sounds great, Im using my IPAQ 3150 and Conduit Pocket player software and its sounds awsome.

Hope this helps anyone not to go thro the crap Ive had to...
Old 09-30-2005, 10:36 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by mixterk' date='Sep 30 2005, 11:31 AM
[quote name='mixterk' date='Sep 22 2005, 03:53 PM'][quote name='stream' date='Sep 21 2005, 04:59 PM']Did they switch the position of the wires going into the connector, as called for on the bottom of page 6 of the instructions?

[snapback]173566[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi all, said I would let you know when it was fixed...well miracles do happen, I can catagorically tell you that it was the pinouts as detailed in section 6 of the instruction guide readily available on this forum. In the end I had to stand over them and make sure they reterminated the lead as per the directions. So please remember this, if your AUX In doesnt work after its been programmed into the Idrive (you will know when this is done correctly as the AUX In option will appear on screen) it is 99% sure to be the fact that they havnt followed the retermination of the pinouts. Now its done it sounds great, Im using my IPAQ 3150 and Conduit Pocket player software and its sounds awsome.

Hope this helps anyone not to go thro the crap Ive had to...
[snapback]177437[/snapback]
[/quote]

Finally!