E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Very very sad M5. WARNING (will disturb some)!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not think people realize the power of these cars, and most do not know how to drive them. If you want to drive it like it was meant to be driven then spend the money and go to a driver education school at a track. I have had many fast cars, but when I got my 911 I was not accustomed to the type of power and quick response, and really was not accustomed to the way the rear engine vehicle handled/reacted. I realized prtty early that it can get away from you very quickly. I an taking a DE course very soon before trying anything too serious in the car, and after that only on the track. It just isn't worth it. That said I hope the driver is okay. Perhaps this accident wasn't the result of driver error, but I would bet that both speed and driver inexperience played a part. Be careful out there people, and if you can spend 90k on a car go ahead and spend the extra 500-3k to learn how to drive the thing properly.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Contributors

ouch!.

Was it the driver or the car?

I meant. Did the car mis-handled or the driver was lousy? or was it just an accident?
Old 04-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by amigo525' post='263429' date='Apr 1 2006, 12:09 PM
ouch!.

Was it the driver or the car?

I meant. Did the car mis-handled or the driver was lousy? or was it just an accident?

It had to be the driver. How can THIS car mis-handle? a M5 far exceeds the handling capabilities of any handling needs any person will need on the road. Even a 525 non-sport is more than enough handling power a person shall need. If it was a Kia then ok I'll buy that it was the car.

So I say it was the driver. It could have been an accident but chances of that are less than the driver just not knowing the power of the M5 and messed up.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Members

Really sad man!!
Old 04-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Educational to see something like this.

I really hope that the driver and the passangers where buckled up.

A M5 is like a gun, it doesn't hurt anyone whilest handle with care.

This car doesn't seem to have got into a crash with an other car,
it has been driven (too hard) and out of the street.

The Math exicist in physics, even how good the engineering is.

Some drugs and/or alcohol or just simply some inexperience combined
with the fine feeling of the vehicle.

Could this happen to all of us?
Old 04-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

Originally Posted by maninblack' post='261675' date='Mar 28 2006, 09:38 PM
I sometimes wonder about what the driver was doing when I see awful pictures like that. Do some people buy an M5 and think to themselves, "hey I'm driving the best car on the planet, I can do anything and get away with it". Some of the over-enthusiastic motoring journalists on TV don't help the situation by encouraging us to drive such cars like lunatics. Fine on the track but not too good on public roads when so many variables are at play. It takes some skill to really handle those 500bhp, even in a car as good as an M5.

In some parts of Australia for example drivers under 21 years are power to weight restricted and can no longer drive cars like the Subaru Impreza WRX (or an M5) after a series of fatals in Subarus. Good idea I think. Don't like the idea sharing the highways with an 18 year old out for a thrill in dads M5, or his own Impreza for that matter.

Couldnt agree more..
Old 04-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='265600' date='Apr 6 2006, 10:40 PM
Educational to see something like this.

I really hope that the driver and the passangers where buckled up.

A M5 is like a gun, it doesn't hurt anyone whilest handle with care.

This car doesn't seem to have got into a crash with an other car,
it has been driven (too hard) and out of the street.

The Math exicist in physics, even how good the engineering is.

Some drugs and/or alcohol or just simply some inexperience combined
with the fine feeling of the vehicle.

Could this happen to all of us?
Yes agree, we don't know what happened. Let's not jump to conclusions that some people can't handle the power or are lunatics or whatever. Maybe it wasn't his fault. You really don't know what can happen once at the wheel.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

We can be like Kimi or Schumi but because there is some idiots on the roads which don?t look rear mirror, who drive beyond they limits, are drunk or high for something, too tired.... We are good but those others... :'(

Skaffa
Old 04-20-2006, 02:58 AM
Senior Members

I am sad about the car, but from the way it looks I am very happy. Looks like occupants were not badly hurt if they were wearing seat-belts. Looks like E60 is very tough and survivable after such a violent crash.

SO I AM HAPPY!

Of course, I don't know the details, instead I was assuming the facts, judging from the pictures above.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Looks like someone left it on some train tracks.

Quick Reply: Very very sad M5. WARNING (will disturb some)!!!!