E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Very very sad M5. WARNING (will disturb some)!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 03:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

realy sad to see any car in such a state...
hope no one was hurt...and the driver learned his lesson..
the left side cutain airbag deplyed...but the rear left side airbag didnt...i wonder if the front left side airbag did...
Old 03-28-2006, 05:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

It's one thing to see these in pictures, but in real life...

I remember when I was in college, the local police dept. got permission from the school to place a completely wrecked (even worse than this M5) Porsche 911 on the campus for display. Their point was to campaign against drunk driving.

The one thing that stood out from the display was the driver side damage. The A frame and roof was completely smashed down onto the driver's seat. There's no question the driver didn't make it out alive.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

OUCH!
Old 03-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Senior Members

:'( :thumbsdown:

Now it make sense, why the insurance bills are so damn expensive per year on M3, M5, and M6's... Sad to see such a nice car it that condition

Why can't people drive them with respect!
Old 03-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 525d Touring; Black-Sapphire; Black Dakota Leather; Steptronic; Navigation System Business; Roofbars; Power Glass moonroof; Power seats with Driver memory, Heated front seats; PDC-Park Distance Control; Xenon Headlights with Adaptive Light Control; Radio Professional with 6 Disc CD-Charger in Glovebox;

Originally Posted by E60Sim' post='261461' date='Mar 28 2006, 08:50 PM
:'( :thumbsdown:

Now it make sense, why the insurance bills are so damn expensive per year on M3, M5, and M6's... Sad to see such a nice car it that condition

Why can't people drive them with respect!
Sorry E60Sim, in many cases "shituations" like these do not come from a disrespect. At least disrespect with the others. If you are talking about respect for a Cool-Beast like an completely de-ESPed M5 I shut-up right now...

The only situation of this level that happened to someone close to me, occured because when he was at more than 200Km/h on a Autobahn a front tyre exploded... That he survived to tell it, was by itself extraordinary and showed the Safety levels of modern Cars...

Regarding the Insurance, I've once read that the rate of wrecked Subaru Impreza in Germany was something like 1 in 200 registered cars per year. That's 0,5% of all Subaru Impreza registered today will be wrecked by Accident Insurance clains until March 2007. The only two cars with even worst rates were the Mitusubishi Evo and (the of course pure - without ESP, ASR and full rear wheel drive) Honda S2000...

For sure the M5 and M6 are part of this restrictive club.

"The one who walks under the Rain... gets wet!!"
Old 03-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Senior Members

Man what a waste. But more importantly I hope whoever was in there survived.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

Does anybody know what happened?
Old 03-28-2006, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Ah... I'll fix that...
Old 03-28-2006, 04:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

Ouch! I can't believe how many trashed M5's I have seen picture of. Sad
Old 03-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i Touring, M Sport, build date 10/05, Silver Grey, Black leather, Maple Anthracite, Anthracite roof lining, panorama roof, M Aerodynamic, M Steering wheel, M Sport suspension, sport seats, shadow line, 135 M wheels, Goodyear NCT 5 runflats, and some other stuff too.

I sometimes wonder about what the driver was doing when I see awful pictures like that. Do some people buy an M5 and think to themselves, "hey I'm driving the best car on the planet, I can do anything and get away with it". Some of the over-enthusiastic motoring journalists on TV don't help the situation by encouraging us to drive such cars like lunatics. Fine on the track but not too good on public roads when so many variables are at play. It takes some skill to really handle those 500bhp, even in a car as good as an M5.

In some parts of Australia for example drivers under 21 years are power to weight restricted and can no longer drive cars like the Subaru Impreza WRX (or an M5) after a series of fatals in Subarus. Good idea I think. Don't like the idea sharing the highways with an 18 year old out for a thrill in dads M5, or his own Impreza for that matter.

Quick Reply: Very very sad M5. WARNING (will disturb some)!!!!