E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Transmission broke ! ENOUGH WITH THIS CAR !

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:21 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

15% tint is way too dark. You'll get a ticket for sure, I wouldn't go lower than 20%. 35% will stay you out of trouble. Go to Thornhill tints and call up Richard, they're contracted with BMW dealers but will cut you a good deal if you go straight to him.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:43 AM
Contributors

Elyk: My M5 is 15% all over, its pretty dark at night and its hard to park the car OMG what a hassle :thumbsdown: but it looks nice. How much do you think he charges for all windows to be done 20% lets say? nvm just asked him on the phone $290 all windows on the x6, pretty good price, bmw offered me $599 LMAO

Pinghu: Its not an M though + I dont need a powerful car mate but neither slow, x6 3.5 is slowest I can go lol,
Old 05-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bmw550ifreak
Elyk: My M5 is 15% all over, its pretty dark at night and its hard to park the car OMG what a hassle :thumbsdown: but it looks nice. How much do you think he charges for all windows to be done 20% lets say? nvm just asked him on the phone $290 all windows on the x6, pretty good price, bmw offered me $599 LMAO

Pinghu: Its not an M though + I dont need a powerful car mate but neither slow, x6 3.5 is slowest I can go lol,

How do you have a hard time parking your car??? You really do need to learn how to drive lol

I can honestly say that my M5 is by far the easiest car to park that i've ever driven... WIth the infrared style parking assistant and the tilted side mirrors, parking is a damn DREAM! I find it funny you say this because its been a constant comment of mine to my buddies since i got the car.

BTW: i have 17% Lumar Tint and have my rear and side blinds up alot.... MURDERED
Old 05-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Contributors

its not that I cant park this car, I alaways do parallel parking thats why, it feels big when its not.

I was thinking about an S5 also btw, 4-wheel drive beautiful car, good on gas and fast enough....sexy car....
Old 05-17-2010, 10:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

its not that I cant park this car, I alaways do parallel parking thats why, it feels big when its not.

I was thinking about an S5 also btw, 4-wheel drive beautiful car, good on gas and fast enough....sexy car....
S5 sportback?
or just S5 coupe
Attached Thumbnails Transmission broke ! ENOUGH WITH THIS CAR !-audi_a5-sportback_801_1920x1200.jpg  
Old 05-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

S5 Sportback is not available in the U.S. - not sure about Canada. But it sucks!!! I love it!

Although the RS7 Sportback is sure looking like it'll be hotter and I like the Gran Coupe better than ANY Audi anyway... hold up, what were we talking about?
Old 05-18-2010, 12:07 AM
Contributors

oh ya the S5 coupe.... "this baby got 4 holes like mine"....

Wat did I say that?
Old 05-18-2010, 12:10 AM
Contributors

"this baby got 4 holes like mine"....
????! hahahahaa

j/k
Old 05-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Contributors

O! V, I've gotta tell you this story. I'm not drawing any comparisons, but I'm gonna tell it to you and you'll probably see why I was such a dick to you when you posted that other thread LOL hopefully.

So I went to help these two 18yo dudes that work for a friend of mine, buy a car for business. They need a Suburban and they have like about 3-4g's to spend. Good. Okay. So we get to the place and long story short, its a used car dealership and they coerce the youngsters into a test drive and to take the truck to a mech for a check up. Now, the owner of the lot said that they have to take it to HIS mech (red flag number one, right?), then he said that he's gonna give a written guarantee that nothing major will break (red flag 2 - there's no guarantee that it won't break - just a promise to fix if it does). So these two idiots don't care. In the meantime, I'm checking auction reports on my iPhone, I see that burbans of that year/mileage sell for like 500-1000 bucks. This guy wants 3 g's. These idiots are ready to give him a deposit before even driving it. I tell them "drive it!".

They take it to the guy's mech and guess what? When they lifted it, we see the underside of the engine is SOAKED in oil. The oil gasket is leaking so bad that the puddle under the lift was about 12 inches across after maybe 15-20 mins there. These idiots are STILL intent on buying the car though!!! WTF, right? So I try to tell them that if its leaking oil, the guy wants to charge them three-six times his cost AND he's making THEM pay for the diagnostics, then there's something VERY wrong with this car!

So I ended up convincing them to sleep on this decision after about an hour and a half of almost physical fighting. Its not my money, but I don't want them to throw it out - they both work hard and they are starting this business, young kids IMO, you know - I want them to have a nice life and if I can help in a small way, I do. Anyway, bottom line is, I think they are still thinking that they are buying this suburban, bc the dealer "assured" them that he will "fix everything" by tomorrow morn. RIIIIIGHT! He's gonna fix the oil leak, pressure test it and crap... my ass!

There, that's pretty much the story - no moral or punchline, just wanted to share.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Senior Members

Fuck the S5... get an 911 (997 TT)... im sure your parents will buy it for you! ahah

I'd love a porsche, but im too damn tall..

Quick Reply: Transmission broke ! ENOUGH WITH THIS CAR !