E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Top Gear Review - M5

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by mag75; 07-09-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by mag75
This could be old and for that I am sorry, but this literally pissed me off and I could not disagree more.

Basically, everything bad about the e60 M5 (according to the video) is everything that is the e60....and the only thing good about the e60 M5, the e60 has nothing to do with....that pisses me off as an e60 owner.

Kudos to the M5 being compared to a Ferrari however...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z08jcWoM7ak
Very old vid, and a 10x repost, but yea, he is very quick to judge...
Old 01-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Krozi
Very old vid, and a 10x repost, but yea, he is very quick to judge...
Yes he is...and sorry for the repost. I "tried" a search but havent gotten used to this new forum and gave up due to frustration.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 BMW ///M5 V10

You guys should be used to classic top gear, there were a couple seasons where that's how he did his reviews...

If he liked the car, then he would start off the review by saying how much he hated it, and vice versa, if he hated the car he would start the review by saying how much he liked it. Watch the review of the 1 series hatch, he starts off the review with nothing but praise for the 1er then by the end he is saying how much he hates it.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BMWPower06
You guys should be used to classic top gear, there were a couple seasons where that's how he did his reviews...

If he liked the car, then he would start off the review by saying how much he hated it, and vice versa, if he hated the car he would start the review by saying how much he liked it. Watch the review of the 1 series hatch, he starts off the review with nothing but praise for the 1er then by the end he is saying how much he hates it.
I would agree with this but it appeared the only reason he liked the car was for the "M" button....
Old 01-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BMWPower06

Look at the review for the AMG SL65 Black Series... Same thing.. he talks about how uncomfortable it is, how stupid the car is... and then gets a Giant Boner when driving it..
Old 01-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by mag75
This could be old and for that I am sorry, but this literally pissed me off and I could not disagree more.

Basically, everything bad about the e60 M5 (according to the video) is everything that is the e60....and the only thing good about the e60 M5, the e60 has nothing to do with....that pisses me off as an e60 owner.

Kudos to the M5 being compared to a Ferrari however...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Z08jcWoM7ak
You don't seem to understand Clarkson or Top Gear... He loved the car. More often than not, his criticisms tend to have some basis or validity (as they did here) but Clarkson's style is to exaggerate them for comic effect. Trust me, this review (and it is indeed years old) was classic Clarkson and was ultimately positive. He does, however, demand that his audience have the intellectual capacity to think laterally as well as literally...
Old 01-30-2010, 02:41 PM
Members

Tiff Needel from 5th Gear had nothing but good things to say about the M5....i think he might've said that it was the best car he'd driven @ that point.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: It's an E60 545I 6 speed.

Clarkson hates anything more than a gob of power and a "proper" manual. He's old school, can't hate him for that. I love that he hates electronic gizmos. It's really funny to watch him describe them.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Aviator
Clarkson hates anything more than a gob of power and a "proper" manual. He's old school, can't hate him for that. I love that he hates electronic gizmos. It's really funny to watch him describe them.
+1000

Quick Reply: Top Gear Review - M5