E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

test-drove M5.. now i feel so bad

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 08:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just when you thought things couldnt get better... i was given an M6 (0003km on the clock) to drive
before it was to be displayed for sale in the dealer... Well i can say that i have not really pushed the
car but it seems to be much more agile when its cornering at higher speeds, and believe me it feels
even more aggressive than the m5 (oops mistyped m6), and the sound .... oh the sound

///oh and btw it was with summer tyres and rimms so thank goodness the snow has melted around here

Btw the car has been bought now so if your m6 has registration 000911 then it was me that first drove it, dont hate me
Old 12-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by 700700' post='216356' date='Dec 28 2005, 12:30 PM
just when you thought things couldnt get better... i was given an M6 (0003km on the clock) to drive
before it was to be displayed for sale in the dealer... Well i can say that i have not really pushed the
car but it seems to be much more agile when its cornering at higher speeds, and believe me it feels
even more aggressive than the m6, and the sound .... oh the sound

///oh and btw it was with summer tyres and rimms so thank goodness the snow has melted around here

Btw the car has been bought now so if your m6 has registration 000911 then it was me that first drove it, dont hate me
You have convinced me never to buy an ordered performance car without being guaranteed of being at my dealer's when the car is unloaded--with the deal off otherwise. And, you have convinced me that my rule of never buying one off the floor that has any "suspicious" miles whatsoever is a good rule.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Znod' post='216469

You have convinced me never to buy an ordered performance car without being guaranteed of being at my dealer's when the car is unloaded--with the deal off otherwise. And, you have convinced me that my rule of never buying one off the floor that has any "suspicious" miles whatsoever is a good rule.
[/quote]

ah my friend sorry to disappoint you but as a customer of bmw for 8 years with 6 cars so far, i do get to pick the spoils.. and besides i always leave a handsome tip when they service my car (50% of the bill)... and a family member works in sales, and one of my best friends works in servicing...

So technically speaking i can pick any car to drive, even cars that are left for service... How many people notice if there are an extra 20kms on the odo when they pick up their car?? Next in line is X5 4.8is , just waiting for someone to leave one for serviceing

besides i am never very harsh on customers cars

oh and Znod, BMW like any other manufacturer has the ability to "roll back the km reading" as long as the car has not passed 100kms... They can restart it to 000001 again... So if they were bothered they can let someone drive your car for a week and then reset it, it only takes half an hour. The fact that they dont do it means that they have nothing to hide
Old 12-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by 700700' post='216518

ah my friend sorry to disappoint you but as a customer of bmw for 8 years with 6 cars so far, i do get to pick the spoils.. and besides i always leave a handsome tip when they service my car (50% of the bill)... and a family member works in sales, and one of my best friends works in servicing...

I am not disappointed. Check my sig.

So technically speaking i can pick any car to drive, even cars that are left for service... How many people notice if there are an extra 20kms on the odo when they pick up their car?? Next in line is X5 4.8is , just waiting for someone to leave one for serviceing

As I recall, you don't live in the US, but I may be wrong. Is what you and your dealer are doing legal where ever you live? I think not, but obviously neither of you are concerned. I do check my odo in and out.

You are invading the customers privacy--which is harsh--sort of like going in others' houses and using whatever you find when they are away. In this regard, you not only are using but you are taking whether in someone else's house or car. And, what about the cars of customers-to-be, including cars that have been ordered, but not yet picked up? Actually, I guess I already know the answer from above.

oh and Znod, BMW like any other manufacturer has the ability to "roll back the km reading" as long as the car has not passed 100kms... They can restart it to 000001 again... So if they were bothered they can let someone drive your car for a week and then reset it, it only takes half an hour. The fact that they dont do it means that they have nothing to hide

Well, they do have something to hide. What if a potential M5 buyer asked about the treatment the car he or she is interested in received in the, say, 50 miles that are on the odometer? Would your dealer tell the truth about how the car had been treated if you had been the one to put the miles on? And, what would your dealer say if a customer ask why there is an extra 20 miles on his or her car? Would your dealer tell the truth--that, for example, you wanted to drive an X5 4.8? What would you say if you were confronted and a customer ask you why you had driven his or her car after being told the truth by the dealer? How would I know that your dealer would not roll back the km reading? If your dealer had done so, then would they tell me the truth if I ask if the odo had been rolled back?
[/quote]
Old 12-28-2005, 03:27 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

[/quote]

Referring to your comments in red above...

First, let us know what dealer you use, so we don't make the mistake of taking our cars there for service (and they'll allow you to drive them ), and so we don't buy any car from them...for the same reason.

Secondly, if I gave the dealer a tip of 50% of the service bill, I'd expect a lot more than free rides in cars...
Old 12-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Contributors

Oops.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:43 PM
Contributors

[/quote]Hi 700700:

I apologize for being judgment. I tried not to be. And, while I ask the questions, etc., above sincerely wanting answers, I was being judgmental.

We all have our foibles. And, while I would not do what you do, it is not for me to judge you or what you do. And, I admire you for being honest about what you do.

I do some "safe" street racing and definitely drive well over the speed limit sometimes on highways. Some, perphaps many, don't approve. But, my attitude is that if I can't tell the truth about it, then I don't do it. So, I tell the truth.

And, virtually all of us do some things in relation to cars that others might prefer that we not do--e.g., talking on cell phones, arguing with the wife, chastizing the kids, driving under the influence both feeling and not feeling the effects, puttting on make up, eating, working with a laptop, reading, etc., etc. Besides what I mentioned above, my personal favorite auto-related foilble is trying to get iDrive things, etc., to work, when they are being stubborn, while driving. I sometimes have no idea how I got where I was going having concentrated so hard on the recalcitrant function.

I say lets not judge what the other does, allow others to be honest about what they do, and get on with the business of having the "best" BMW discussions. Long live live and let live.

Best, Znod.

P.S. I also don't want to go to your dealer. If I ever mention that I am moving to where ever you live, then please tell me your dealer's name.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Znod' post='216619
Originally Posted by Znod' post='216469' date='Dec 28 2005, 09:54 PM
[quote name='700700' post='216356' date='Dec 28 2005, 12:30 PM']

[/quote]Hi 700700:

I apologize for being judgment. I tried not to be. And, while I ask the questions, etc., above sincerely wanting answers, I was being judgmental.

We all have our foibles. And, while I would not do what you do, it is not for me to judge you or what you do. And, I admire you for being honest about what you do.

I do some "safe" street racing and definitely drive well over the speed limit sometimes on highways. Some, perphaps many, don't approve. But, my attitude is that if I can't tell the truth about it, then I don't do it. So, I tell the truth.

And, virtually all of us do some things in relation to cars that others might prefer that we not do--e.g., talking on cell phones, arguing with the wife, chastizing the kids, driving under the influence both feeling and not feeling the effects, puttting on make up, eating, working with a laptop, reading, etc., etc. Besides what I mentioned above, my personal favorite auto-related foilble is trying to get iDrive things, etc., to work, when they are being stubborn, while driving. I sometimes have no idea how I got where I was going having concentrated so hard on the recalcitrant function.

I say lets not judge what the other does, allow others to be honest about what they do, and get on with the business of having the "best" BMW discussions. Long live live and let live.

Best, Znod.

P.S. I also don't want to go to your dealer. If I ever mention that I am moving to where ever you live, then please tell me your dealer's name.
[/quote]

well once you have come to bulgaria and live where i live, you will suddenly realize that there is only one dealer and then things get bad take care and a good post i might add
Old 12-28-2005, 11:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

well said Don!
Old 12-29-2005, 07:51 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 700700' post='216682
Originally Posted by 700700' post='216518' date='Dec 28 2005, 06:56 PM
[quote name='Znod' post='216469' date='Dec 28 2005, 09:54 PM']
[quote name='700700' post='216356' date='Dec 28 2005, 12:30 PM']

[/quote]Hi 700700:

Best, Znod.

[/quote]

well once you have come to bulgaria and live where i live, you will suddenly realize that there is only one dealer and then things get bad take care and a good post i might add
[/quote]
Now I recall--Bulgaria. Thanks. Happy new year.

Originally Posted by Trev550i' post='216690' date='Dec 29 2005, 03:54 AM
well said Don!
Thanks Trev.

Quick Reply: test-drove M5.. now i feel so bad