E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Tax increase on the M5

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by krispykreme' date='Oct 5 2005, 01:09 AM
[quote name='EBMCS03' date='Oct 4 2005, 08:45 PM']
REALLY??? A few of us are suppose to go tour the Oxnard VDC on the 15th of October!!! DANG!!!! sooooooooo close yet so far... we could have seen your Baby!

[snapback]179562[/snapback]
Actually I am coming to VDC event on 10/15/05. There is still a chance that it might dock earlier.

I originally signed up for VDC tour on 10/15/05 so i can see if i am lucky enough to at least see Orion Diamond docking.

My car should be easily recognizable since i am probably the only one that made the dumb silver grey/silverstone combination ( i have been kicking myself in the rear on not going with silvergrey/black combo).
[snapback]179676[/snapback]
[/quote]

AWESOME!!! See you there! Have you gotten a response from them yet??

I hope we'll see your car. I want to see it. or any M5 for that matter! I like siverstone interior... not a bad choice!

Personal preference would be Interlagos Blue with Silverstone.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Oct 5 2005, 07:38 PM
[quote name='krispykreme' date='Oct 5 2005, 01:09 AM'][quote name='EBMCS03' date='Oct 4 2005, 08:45 PM']
REALLY??? A few of us are suppose to go tour the Oxnard VDC on the 15th of October!!! DANG!!!! sooooooooo close yet so far... we could have seen your Baby!

[snapback]179562[/snapback]
Actually I am coming to VDC event on 10/15/05. There is still a chance that it might dock earlier.

I originally signed up for VDC tour on 10/15/05 so i can see if i am lucky enough to at least see Orion Diamond docking.

My car should be easily recognizable since i am probably the only one that made the dumb silver grey/silverstone combination ( i have been kicking myself in the rear on not going with silvergrey/black combo).
[/quote]

AWESOME!!! See you there! Have you gotten a response from them yet??

I hope we'll see your car. I want to see it. or any M5 for that matter! I like siverstone interior... not a bad choice!

Personal preference would be Interlagos Blue with Silverstone.
[snapback]180170[/snapback]
[/quote]

I haven't head back from LACCA. But even if CCA sent a response it will not come to me as my friend is signing up for me.

I am flying into LA on friday night and a friend will pick me up to oxnard. We should be arriving in my friend's X5.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by krispykreme' date='Oct 5 2005, 01:09 AM

As someone who does not care for black interiors at all I think you made a good choice by getting something other than black. Silverstone should be great. As a matter of fact I love all the M5 interior colors other than black and Indianapolis Red. I would have a hard time choosing between Silverstone, Sepang Bronze, and Portland Brown.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:44 AM
Senior Members

I agree with your choice of silverstone for the interior. I like the black interior on the M6 and the 997S, but in the M5 it's just too much black. The silverstone is much more interesting with the contrasing colors. Good choice.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:54 AM
Members

Thank you both for the encouragement.

I really did not like black either, since it would be quiet hot during the summer time.

I would much prefer that BMW offered light grey on the M5. Since that was not available i went with silverstone interior.

However, I have been second guessing myself since silverstone interior appears to be quiet light in color (at least from the brochure it looks almost like white). I am not sure how good the interior will look in person or how well it will go with silvergrey (light color in itself).

The more i think about i just keep on thinking that black and silvergrey would go better.

So far I have seen tons of Silvergrey M5 being ordered, and I am the only one that went with silvergrey/silverstone combination.

In addition, my wife has been nagging at my ears about how difficult it would be for me to keep the silverstone interior clean.

Anyway, I think i will feel better once i got into the car and start driving. Which is still long time away (I suppose, don't know when CARB issue will be resolved).
Old 10-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Members

IMHO, Black is boring and unimaginative. Browns don't go well with gray or silver so your only other choices would be silverstone or the indy red... or navy if you could pick an individual color. You made the best choice given your options.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Originally Posted by krispykreme' date='Oct 6 2005, 09:54 AM
However, I have been second guessing myself since silverstone interior appears to be quiet light in color (at least from the brochure it looks almost like white).? I am not sure how good the interior will look in person or how well it will go with silvergrey (light color in itself).
You're getting the jitter-bugs. Sounds normal for someone who is ANXIOUSLY waiting. I would second guess everything myself. Best thing to do after making a purchase, whether it's a car, house, etc. is to stop searching and do your best to take your mind off of it until it's time.

The more i think about i just keep on thinking that black and silvergrey would go better.
I personally like your current choice of interior color. The silverstone leather along the bottom 3/4th of the doors with the black leather along the top of the doors looks sick! A nice contrast of colors there.

So far I have seen tons of Silvergrey M5 being ordered, and I am the only one that went with silvergrey/silverstone combination.
That's what makes it YOUR car.

In addition, my wife has been nagging at my ears about how difficult it would be for me to keep the silverstone interior clean.
No car yet and already this is beginning? Geez! Of course I'm only kidding. But for what it's worth, black leather interiors are just as susceptible to "appearing" dirty. Black leather doesn't get darker with time like other colors seem to do. They seem to get grey-ish, lighter if you will, from being worn-down. The wearing is less apparent in lighter colored leather. So both have their pros/cons. I currently have an e46 with black interior and an e60 with biege. I will stick to lighter colors from now on.

Anyway, I think i will feel better once i got into the car and start driving.? Which is still long time away (I suppose, don't know when CARB issue will be resolved).
No doubt. The leather is the last thing on your mind.