E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Some Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

BTW - You're getting an R8 and you couldn't find an EZ Pass for the Meet? LOL!
Old 06-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '04 545i '02 SC430 '04 RX330

i'm probably the minority here... but i'd take the V8 over the V10. supercars are super expensive to maintain. if you are purchasing the car and plan to keep it a while, the V8 will be much cheaper to keep and maintain in the long run.

the V10 power and speed is great, but all that power and speed can also get you in to a lot of trouble.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by xenonrider
i'm probably the minority here... but i'd take the V8 over the V10. supercars are super expensive to maintain. if you are purchasing the car and plan to keep it a while, the V8 will be much cheaper to keep and maintain in the long run.

the V10 power and speed is great, but all that power and speed can also get you in to a lot of trouble.

What fun is life, without a little (or a lot) of trouble?
Old 06-17-2010, 09:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Get the R8 V10. Great looks, outstanding handling and a ton of power.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
BTW - You're getting an R8 and you couldn't find an EZ Pass for the Meet? LOL!
Carlton those are little things. plus I have a friend like you....
Old 06-18-2010, 08:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 M5 (E60) Interlagos blue, Silverstone interior, with cold weather package. Adaptive Xenon headlamps and adaptive brake lights, hud, comfort access. Comfort seats, basically fully loaded.

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Get the R8 V10. Great looks, outstanding handling and a ton of power.
Scott you should know that whatever you say Matters....
Old 06-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Shezmon
I am planing on gettin an Audi R8.. (no i am not giving away my M5, i love it to death)...Should i go for the 2010 w/ the V10 motor or the older one w/ V8?..
Since this would be my first audi i need to know whether this car is even worth it? Any other options under 150K? and yes i plan to Buy it, i dun like leasing. And what color option should i go for?

I say this with all due respect. Im trying to understand why one would ask these questions on this forum??? Im also trying to understand the process to which you go through when allegedly looking to spend $100k+ on a sports car. Ask members of a forum of which maybe less than .5% have ever been or will ever be faced with the same type of dilemma??? I dont know but most people I know who spend that kind of money on cars pretty much know what they want and would care less what others on an internet forum would have to say about it. The purchase of a car of this caliber is an extremely personal decision from the make and model all the way down to the color and the options. Not knowing if you should get the 2010 w/the V10 or an older one with the V8? Huh? I just cant wrap my head around this. You say you need to know if this car is even worth it? Wait, what? Do I even need to expose the ridiculousness of this question? You ask if there are any other options under $150k??? Umm, no. There arent. Its that or nothing. I need to repeat, I share my feelings with all due respect to yours but C'MON man. This is pure and utter sillyness at its highest level.

Sorry if I offended. I just couldnt sit idly by after reading this.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Members

My Ride: 530d M Sport. It has Heads Up Display...need I say more...

In a way I kind of agree with the above. The older V8 and the brand new V10 are 2 completely different drives and costs. If you have that kind of money to purchase an R8 then you need to head down to your local Audi dealer and test drive both. Only you can make this decision.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by poleposition
I say this with all due respect. Im trying to understand why one would ask these questions on this forum??? Im also trying to understand the process to which you go through when allegedly looking to spend $100k+ on a sports car. Ask members of a forum of which maybe less than .5% have ever been or will ever be faced with the same type of dilemma??? I dont know but most people I know who spend that kind of money on cars pretty much know what they want and would care less what others on an internet forum would have to say about it. The purchase of a car of this caliber is an extremely personal decision from the make and model all the way down to the color and the options. Not knowing if you should get the 2010 w/the V10 or an older one with the V8? Huh? I just cant wrap my head around this. You say you need to know if this car is even worth it? Wait, what? Do I even need to expose the ridiculousness of this question? You ask if there are any other options under $150k??? Umm, no. There arent. Its that or nothing. I need to repeat, I share my feelings with all due respect to yours but C'MON man. This is pure and utter sillyness at its highest level.

Sorry if I offended. I just couldnt sit idly by after reading this.
I have to agree with this. Seems silly, Kevin. Also, with you and your wife expecting identical twins, why this car? You're more likely going to need an X5M.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Senior Members

carlton i got an Suv for the kids already. As far as poleposition thinking that its silly to ask, what i asked?... I dun think so bro. I only asked cuz i thought members might know some people that might have R8s. No harm in asking and trust me w/ all do respect if you feel irritated by someone's post , Please keep it inside of you and stay Positive here. Cuz when i meet you on the next meet i wanna meet a gentleman.

Quick Reply: Some Opinions