E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Singh Tune e60 M5 before and after

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009 | 07:52 AM
Members

Originally Posted by MPower82' post='1057007' date='Nov 17 2009, 02:50 PM
No cruise bro, I had a few "sodas" before we rolled out, and I knew David was not 100% with me running his ride. I can respect that though.

On my observation, the Singh tune makes the car faster on the street, period. The dyno shows very little of how a car will react in real world runs. Having owned a RPI stage 1.5 M5, with numerous "Mexico" runs and track days, I have a good idea of how this car should pull.

What I want is to see the Singh tune, on a stage 2 M5 and see some runs, forget the dyno charts.
What are you running with now eddie?! Havent seen you in a while!
Old 11-18-2009 | 09:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Originally Posted by MPower82' post='1057007
lol HAHAHA wow!! ware did this videos come from?? looks like MY CAR was singh -- ING AND DANCING in that RUN!!! just got home wanted to see what was new
ran into this NOW WAS that the car that humiliated my CAR?? from what i saw and heard!! looks pretty damn FAST without HEADERS!!

THINK ILL stick with my 1 2 3 set up!! DONT LOOK LIKE IM LOOSING POWER!! cant wait to see after the headers are in GREAT JOB VINCE ON THE SINGH TUNE ON MY CAR!! WAS THAT THE FIRST RUN OR SECOND??
I mentioned this above. The reason the two cars look similar is because they started in two different gears. I have dynoed SEVERAL M5s with your exhaust set up and I can tell you they dont do jack. Lets get the story straight before we jump into conclusions. Our beloved Kenny has had your exhaust set up as well as Arqray. Rab also jumped around from different brands.

This thread is going nowhere without doing some before/after tunes on the same day and same strap down. Im arranging a tune/flash/dyno day https://5series.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=89440

If you guys arent sure or dont know how tuning works, please dont say anything because you might mislead others. Ive been a member of car forums for over 15 years and I found out after several years, all the knowledge I learned was a bunch of BS when I went to tuning school. There is one thing to talk all kinds of trash but another to actually know what is involved with tuning a car. Some might not know but there are PHYSICAL limits to tuning a car. When the piston hits TDC, it means that the piston and connecting rods form a STRAIGHT line. Ignition spark before TDC is timing advance which help in creating power but has its own issues if there is too much advance. Ignition spark AFTER TDC is timing retard. There is ONLY so much of the afr you can change to compliment the ignition timing before you wrech that engine. DB's car got video of the first couple of runs which were inaccurate because of the gear differences. The car wasnt even there for the runs we did after. If the cars were equal why the hell did we continue to do runs and risk getting busted???? Come on guys.

DB's video = short run in different gears

If you werent there to witness all the runs, please dont say anything.
Old 11-18-2009 | 09:56 AM
Members

I was sitting passenger in rabs car the entire time. The newest video where it looks even is shot from a car behind us.. during that race we thought we were going in one gear and the other cars started in another gear so they started ahead ...but we still won.

I tried showing how far ahead we were of the other cars in each race but I couldn't see that far behind me with the Iphone
Old 11-18-2009 | 09:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by christie@RPI' post='1057553' date='Nov 18 2009, 01:56 PM
I tried showing how far ahead we were of the other cars in each race but I couldn't see that far behind me with the Iphone
Ouch! Take that. Did you have to go to the spine surgeon to fix the injuries from you craning your neck to see how far behind you the other M5 was?
Old 11-18-2009 | 10:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Let's drop this discussion already.
Old 11-18-2009 | 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='1057558' date='Nov 18 2009, 11:03 AM
Let's drop this discussion already.
agreed, it's going nowhere....
Old 11-18-2009 | 10:07 AM
Contributors

i was afraid this would lead to this.

i say let's have a tuner shootout! who's in? put up, or shut up!

take it to the streets, forget the dyno's......let's see some real world drags. apples to apples!
Old 11-18-2009 | 10:12 AM
Members

I just wanted to share from first hand experience what actually happened =)
Old 11-18-2009 | 10:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Originally Posted by MacFly?' post='1057563' date='Nov 18 2009, 12:07 PM
i was afraid this would lead to this.

i say let's have a tuner shootout! who's in? put up, or shut up!

take it to the streets, forget the dyno's......let's see some real world drags. apples to apples!
It doesnt work like that. How do you know if a product is working without dynoing the cars? Some cars come faster from the factory than others. So, you have a faster car. Does that mean the mod you got works? No. This is why I am having the tuners go at it on our dyno day. Im curious to see who has the best tune as well.

I agree though. This thread should be done with.
Old 11-18-2009 | 11:10 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by RPIpower' post='1057570' date='Nov 18 2009, 11:13 AM
It doesnt work like that. How do you know if a product is working without dynoing the cars? Some cars come faster from the factory than others. So, you have a faster car. Does that mean the mod you got works? No. This is why I am having the tuners go at it on our dyno day. Im curious to see who has the best tune as well.

I agree though. This thread should be done with.
that makes plenty of sense.

so why don't we do a tuner shoot out at an unbiased, independent shop where the operator has no vested interest in the results. then to prove or disprove the dyno results, we can take it to Mexico afterwards.

if that's the case, we can have a well respected member choose the independent dyno shop.

Quick Reply: Singh Tune e60 M5 before and after