E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

saw an M5 in orange county

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 04:14 AM

slam into his car next time u see him driving so it gives u an excuse to come out the car and talk to him. while hes on the phone calling the poe-lease, you can ask him whats under the hood
Old 02-22-2005, 11:23 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW M-Power

Originally Posted by bimmeroc' date='Sep 26 2004, 01:42 PM
driving northbound to lax to pick a friend in rush hour traffic on the 405 right past south coast plaza i see a black 5....then another black 5.....(and I am in my Titanium grey)...and then a Titanium Grey...5 ..oh no it has duct tapes all over..all 3 cars have dealer plates...this is the M....a diagnostic computer is on the dash...they waive at me......i turn my windows down....rush hour has never been sweeter...i can hear the roar...we are moving at 5 mph so he rolls down the window and we chat....where was my camera when I needed one....
[snapback]38331[/snapback]
A couple things:

1) They've must zoomed by you pretty quickly as those cars are wearing "Distributor" (as in BMW of NA) plates and not dealers plates.

2) If you look around, you will notice that these cars are protected by "blocker" cars. An entorage of of regular BMW's whose purpose is to protect and block out any would be lookie lous that takes more interest on the test cars then your average joes.

cheers,

beewang
Old 02-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545 Sport Week 9

Originally Posted by beewang' date='Feb 22 2005, 01:23 PM
[quote name='bimmeroc' date='Sep 26 2004, 01:42 PM']driving northbound to lax to pick a friend in rush hour traffic on the 405 right past south coast plaza i see a black 5....then another black 5.....(and I am in my Titanium grey)...and then a Titanium Grey...5 ..oh no it has duct tapes all over..all 3 cars have dealer plates...this is the M....a diagnostic computer is on the dash...they waive at me......i turn my windows down....rush hour has never been sweeter...i can hear the roar...we are moving at 5 mph so he rolls down the window and we chat....where was my camera when I needed one....
A couple things:

1) They've must zoomed by you pretty quickly as those cars are wearing "Distributor" (as in BMW of NA) plates and not dealers plates.

2) If you look around, you will notice that these cars are protected by "blocker" cars. An entorage of of regular BMW's whose purpose is to protect and block out any would be lookie lous that takes more interest on the test cars then your average joes.

cheers,

beewang
[snapback]93234[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hey Bee,
Time for you to start having breakfast at that bakery where the test mules always seem to stop. Bring camera!
Old 04-12-2005, 03:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i Jet Black, Auburn Dakota, Sport Package, Logic 7, Red rear reflectors, K&N intake filter

Originally Posted by beewang' date='Feb 22 2005, 12:23 PM
[quote name='bimmeroc' date='Sep 26 2004, 01:42 PM']driving northbound to lax to pick a friend in rush hour traffic on the 405 right past south coast plaza i see a black 5....then another black 5.....(and I am in my Titanium grey)...and then a Titanium Grey...5 ..oh no it has duct tapes all over..all 3 cars have dealer plates...this is the M....a diagnostic computer is on the dash...they waive at me......i turn my windows down....rush hour has never been sweeter...i can hear the roar...we are moving at 5 mph so he rolls down the window and we chat....where was my camera when I needed one....
A couple things:

cheers,

beewang
[snapback]93234[/snapback]
[/quote]

1) BMW plate is a DST plate with # 15776

2) No blockers in SoCA. I drove as one of these drivers for about 2 years and we went out in groups of 3 on one of 8 test routes. Always the same routes so if you see them stop somewhere then they will be back in the next day or so. We were either driving regular cars, testing a new engine or driving prototypes (you had to earn that right over time).