E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

M5 wrecked while at dealer for service

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

Originally Posted by v_therussian
The dealer has to buy the guy a new car. Period.
Agreed! but it seems they are not!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Been following the thread on M5Board. It has gotten over 100K views already and the story has spread across numerous other forums and automotive sites. This is going to get ugly for the "crash dealer" as that place has been called since the thread was posted.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

i hope its not advantage downtown in houston..thats where i used to always go for regular services!
Old 09-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

i know the name of the dealership... lol its all over m5 board. I actually added my comment on some 45th page there also.... . I thought the dealership was somewhere in the hamptons.
The name of the dealer might be revealed: http://www.clubroadster.net/vb_forum...4&postcount=17
Old 09-03-2010, 05:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by miguex
The name of the dealer might be revealed: http://www.clubroadster.net/vb_forum...4&postcount=17
Oh boy...If you read the last couple pages of the thread on M5Board, there's a discussion about not releasing the name of the dealer so that the OP can have some negotiation advantage. He had posted the dealer's company motto (probably didn't know better) and people googled it and found the name and although no one actually posted the name, Gustav the admin on M5Board, deleted some of the posts. Guess that didn't stop people on other forums to reveal the info. haha
Old 09-03-2010, 05:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

I've heard of that dealership, but never been there.
I'm sure there are bad apples in every barrel. It just
sucks for them that this happened at that dealership.

I can list a negative experience with each dealership
I've been to in the DFW metroplex. So far only an
independent shop in Dallas has provided a true customer-
oriented professional service. And I know they wouldn't
let anything like this occur.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Old 09-03-2010, 06:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i, sport pkg, premium sound, sprint booster,

I've been over there a couple of times. I liked the layout of the dealership compared to the others I have been to (Dallas BMW and Moritz) and the people there are fairly friendly. I checked out a CPO'd 550 there, the guy gave me the keys and said, "Take it for a test drive". I was kind of stunned, he didn't shotgun the ride nor asked me for my driver's license info.

It only takes one shithead to do something really stupid like this to damage the reputation of a business which can take years to repair. I hope things work out for both parties.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by stoic1
I've been over there a couple of times. I liked the layout of the dealership compared to the others I have been to (Dallas BMW and Moritz) and the people there are fairly friendly. I checked out a CPO'd 550 there, the guy gave me the keys and said, "Take it for a test drive". I was kind of stunned, he didn't shotgun the ride nor asked me for my driver's license info.

It only takes one shithead to do something really stupid like this to damage the reputation of a business which can take years to repair. I hope things work out for both parties.
Anyone can make mistakes but the dealer could have stepped up and did what they can to rectify the situation to appease the customer and turn the whole situation around to something positive. Instead they tried to cover it up and lowball the customer with the repair bill and apparently has not done anything else to compensate for the problems they've created.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Members

Crashing a customer's car is bad enough the covering up is even worst. This kind of people don't shouldn't be working in the auto industry.

Quick Reply: M5 wrecked while at dealer for service