E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

M5 touring

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 01:15 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='328652
What's the market for a n M5 Touring? I know it is almost non-existent in US. I know I would NEVER buy an M5 Touring - why spend that kind of money - on a WAGON! I don't get it.
No, No, no, guys its for the soccer mom that wants to get there kids to school really, REALLY FAST!
Old 12-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

The thing is people in the states that wants cargo space would get an SUV because there are lots of room over there and many people that have a SUV probably have a second car, not the same case in Europe.

I for one has own a SUV as a daily commute and I can tell you that I got bored of it after 6 months as the handling is nowhere near a sedan (E46 before the SUV which make the matter worst) or a wagon and I have only taken the car off road like once.

So if I can make the choice again, I would probably choose a wagon. The A4 probably as the E39 wagon really doesn't do it and they don't offer the E46 wagon over in Canada.

But I am in HK now, so no need for a wagon as there are plenty of Vans for hire if I need to haul cargos.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

M5 touring now that will be a wast of money or showing off money.
Why not just get the M5 saloon.
If I get the touring itis for putting kids and dog in the car with all the shopping.
Touring is not for sporty driving on the road.
I would have done the same as the pic get a touring car and put the Mkit and wheels on it and qued ex. too.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by TexaZ3' post='328660' date='Aug 30 2006, 03:31 PM
What's the market for a n M5 Touring?

Here :thumbsdown:
Old 12-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by TexaZ3' post='328660' date='Aug 30 2006, 03:31 PM
What's the market for a n M5 Touring? I know it is almost non-existent in US. I know I would NEVER buy an M5 Touring - why spend that kind of money - on a WAGON! I don't get it.
says a guy who owns a z3 and a japanese car???
Old 12-17-2006, 12:43 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d touring 2006 M-sport, Mystic blau.

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='364062' date='Dec 6 2006, 06:14 AM

Touring is not for sporty driving on the road.
Can you define me what is "sporty driving on the road" in your point of view...

I bet I can drive as "sporty" where ever I want with my touring

Considering the M5 touring, I believe there is a limited market for that.

It is for the person with enough money to buy M5, but he/she has a need for transporting baby strollers,
dogs or whatever occasionally, and wanting to enjoy driving M5 at the same time.
And sometimes when he/she is driving alone - then can all the hell brake loose

BTW touring might be better balanced (closer 50/50) than saloon (currently 52/48) with a little extra weight on rear wheels
Old 12-26-2006, 05:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530d Touring
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by r.a.i.' post='368330' date='Dec 17 2006, 09:43 AM
Can you define me what is "sporty driving on the road" in your point of view...

I bet I can drive as "sporty" where ever I want with my touring

Considering the M5 touring, I believe there is a limited market for that.

It is for the person with enough money to buy M5, but he/she has a need for transporting baby strollers,
dogs or whatever occasionally, and wanting to enjoy driving M5 at the same time.
And sometimes when he/she is driving alone - then can all the hell brake loose

BTW touring might be better balanced (closer 50/50) than saloon (currently 52/48) with a little extra weight on rear wheels

Have to agree, the touring to me looks alot younger than the saloon, to me the saloon is the fat middle aged mans car, a coupe is a younger sports car, the touring to me says that someone needs space for bikes, surf boards and for actually doing stuff with their life.

Also all the 5 series I have driven in saloon and touring guise the touring always handles better, but we have to be honest here guys, although the 5 series is the best handling in its class it is still a big car and it handles like it too, these are motorway mile munchers nothing more, they cover serious motorway miles very quickly, but they are not really sporty. I class my CSL as almost sporty, but there are others who drive little Lotus's, Catherham's etc. that think the CSL is dull and just a fairly quick german lucury coupe.

To me the Touring makes more sense than the saloon, as does the M6, don't get me wrong the M5 saloon is an awesome car but it would be my last choice of the 3.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:49 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

More spy photos from GCF, due to them it will be launched May 2007.
Attached Thumbnails M5 touring-6070102.002.1m.jpg   M5 touring-6070102.002.mini2l.jpg   M5 touring-6070102.002.mini3l.jpg  
Old 01-05-2007, 02:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d Touring, pro nav, Logic7, leather, 18 inch, steptronic

Originally Posted by gIzzE' post='371115' date='Dec 26 2006, 03:44 PM
Have to agree, the touring to me looks alot younger than the saloon, to me the saloon is the fat middle aged mans car, a coupe is a younger sports car, the touring to me says that someone needs space for bikes, surf boards and for actually doing stuff with their life.

Also all the 5 series I have driven in saloon and touring guise the touring always handles better, but we have to be honest here guys, although the 5 series is the best handling in its class it is still a big car and it handles like it too, these are motorway mile munchers nothing more, they cover serious motorway miles very quickly, but they are not really sporty. I class my CSL as almost sporty, but there are others who drive little Lotus's, Catherham's etc. that think the CSL is dull and just a fairly quick german lucury coupe.

To me the Touring makes more sense than the saloon, as does the M6, don't get me wrong the M5 saloon is an awesome car but it would be my last choice of the 3.
Totally agree... here in Europe, Touring or saloon is just a matter of taste... I don't need a dog or a baby to buy a wagon, here in Italy S6 or S4 are 99% Avant... and.. what the hell... I belive that maybe 10% of M5 drivers can take out more than 50% of the potentiality of the car.. because of driving ability and because of traffic situation..
Old 01-05-2007, 02:37 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Originally Posted by Rutto' post='373861' date='Jan 5 2007, 12:19 PM
Totally agree... here in Europe, Touring or saloon is just a matter of taste... I don't need a dog or a baby to buy a wagon, here in Italy S6 or S4 are 99% Avant... and.. what the hell... I belive that maybe 10% of M5 drivers can take out more than 50% of the potentiality of the car.. because of driving ability and because of traffic situation..
ditto!

Quick Reply: M5 touring