E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

M5 sighting in Shanghai

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

Spotted my first sighting of an M5 on Zhen Ning Road in Shanghai. Man, there is so much money in this place now. Also, Lambos, Bentleys, Aston Martins, Ferraris galore.
In Beijing there is even an AC Schnitzer shop for modding and for buying completed vehicles. This country is on fire while NYC and the good old US of A is in the doldrums.
We had better wake up again soon.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by 1600
This country is on fire while NYC and the good old US of A is in the doldrums.
We had better wake up again soon.
Yes that was certainly my impression of China when my wife amd I vacationed in Beijimg and Shanghai last year. ThereMs. O doubt that it is a rising superpower.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

Just saw another one in silver in front of the Palace Hotel near Wangfujing. Nothing like the taste of power!
And China knows it all too well now.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 BMW ///M5 V10

lol I'm sorry, but I'm confused. Are you stating that because you saw an M5 on the road that China is a better country than the USA?
Old 03-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by BMWPower06
lol I'm sorry, but I'm confused. Are you stating that because you saw an M5 on the road that China is a better country than the USA?
Dude, really??? Is that the question/thought that went through your mind when you read the previous post?

Look, whether you like it or not, China is ahead of U.S. in some aspects - no, we are not BEST at everything. As a matter of fact, we are not best at MOST things that matter. But to assume that one says that China is a better country than the U.S.A. - let alone, assume it over some light comments... I don't know, maybe you're being a little too sensitive? I don't think anyone who's been to China many times needs to be reminded of any of it's shortcomings - know what I mean?
Old 03-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

The problem is, there's A LOT MORE people in poverty than people who are wealthy. All those nice cars, yeah. I know where the money came from... Let's end it at that.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Dude, really??? Is that the question/thought that went through your mind when you read the previous post?

Look, whether you like it or not, China is ahead of U.S. in some aspects - no, we are not BEST at everything. As a matter of fact, we are not best at MOST things that matter. But to assume that one says that China is a better country than the U.S.A. - let alone, assume it over some light comments... I don't know, maybe you're being a little too sensitive? I don't think anyone who's been to China many times needs to be reminded of any of it's shortcomings - know what I mean?
LOL chill out dude, if thats not what he meant then please correct me. Cause when I read the post that's what I took away from it. It seems VERY VERY far fetched to say one country is better than another because a car they saw on the street. I see an M5 everyday...my own. Does that mean that I am a better person than someone else cause of the car I have? HELL NO
Old 03-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Senior Members

BTW- does China have those crazy import taxes that a lot of other countries implement on luxury cars?
Old 03-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

LOL chill out dude, if thats not what he meant then please correct me. Cause when I read the post that's what I took away from it. It seems VERY VERY far fetched to say one country is better than another because a car they saw on the street. I see an M5 everyday...my own. Does that mean that I am a better person than someone else cause of the car I have? HELL NO
yeah, you're right, I got a little rougher than necessary there sorry, dude. I just know 1600 - met him in person, I know he's not the type of person to make a statement like that, so I rebutted. Don't take it to heart, alright?
Old 03-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

BTW- does China have those crazy import taxes that a lot of other countries implement on luxury cars?
I think its 200% tax on the import cars, so those guys can afford M5 in China means they can afford 2 ferraris in US.

M5 in china would costs around 350,000 USD after tax, i dont live in China so please correct me if i were wrong

Quick Reply: M5 sighting in Shanghai