E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

DMS upgrade for e60 M5

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 03:25 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

had my 545i remapped by DMS .. while I felt it was marginally stronger, it wasn't until it got removed by an ECU restart at the dealer, that i REALLY felt the difference (mainly 2nd gear).

i know the diesel engines have a vast improvement .. but wanted to know if anyone had had their M5 remapped by DMS? i'm pondering having it done, but at ?1500 i wonder whether i'll get any noticable gains. especially as i find the stock performance pretty punchy anyway. but as usual, crave a little more!!
Old 07-25-2008, 03:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535d M-Sport '06 Plate - Carbon Black - Black Leather - Pro Sat Nav - Logic 7 - HUD - Bluetooth - Privacy Glass - 172M 19" Alloys - Heated Seats - PDC - Adaptive Headlights - Extended Voice Control - Paintshield Extended - M5 Boot Finisher - Bright White LED Internal Lighting - Dension Gateway 500 Ipod/USB/Aux Integration

I've not had it done but I think us E60 members get a discount from DMS....Don't quote me, but maybe the admins can confirm or deny.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d LCI - xenon, tv function,grey dakota leather,titanium silver,244 radial spokes.

Man you are a greedy and power hungry guy ! You have an M5 and lust for more power...phew

Quick question- How can i get a DMS remap to my 525d in India? I don't think they have an agent here... do they have some kind of chip/part that i can have shipped to me as a DIY?
Old 07-25-2008, 04:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

?1500 "IS" the discount .. they also said as I'd recommended a few punters their way, that helped bring it down to ?1500.

as for the DMS to India question.. there's no "part" that they can ship over i'm afraid. it's done on site via a laptop.. it's a preprogrammed remap.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F10 M5 DMS RE-MAP 770BHP All Black

Originally Posted by JayEll' post='632299' date='Jul 25 2008, 03:25 AM
had my 545i remapped by DMS .. while I felt it was marginally stronger, it wasn't until it got removed by an ECU restart at the dealer, that i REALLY felt the difference (mainly 2nd gear).

i know the diesel engines have a vast improvement .. but wanted to know if anyone had had their M5 remapped by DMS? i'm pondering having it done, but at ?1500 i wonder whether i'll get any noticable gains. especially as i find the stock performance pretty punchy anyway. but as usual, crave a little more!!
Having my M5 done next Tuesday 12th, cant wait, Mike Coopers men are coming up to Yorkshire to do it for me at work, will keep you posted as to the results
Old 08-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BMW M5' post='641720' date='Aug 7 2008, 05:02 PM
Having my M5 done next Tuesday 12th, cant wait, Mike Coopers men are coming up to Yorkshire to do it for me at work, will keep you posted as to the results
pls do. if i'm gonna keep it, might as well make it quicker
Old 08-12-2008, 03:38 AM
Contributors

Well I am a happy bunny, just had the M5 remapped by DMS, only its chucking it down with rain so will have to wait for better conditions, but because I could not resist it I took it down the road from work and wehhhhh its like a balistic missile and that was without the M Button pressed, I cannot wait for a dry day now, you would think that this 50 year old was past the boy racing.......................not a bloody chance!!!!!!!!! roll on summer.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BMW M5' post='644667' date='Aug 12 2008, 12:38 PM
Well I am a happy bunny, just had the M5 remapped by DMS, only its chucking it down with rain so will have to wait for better conditions, but because I could not resist it I took it down the road from work and wehhhhh its like a balistic missile and that was without the M Button pressed, I cannot wait for a dry day now, you would think that this 50 year old was past the boy racing.......................not a bloody chance!!!!!!!!! roll on summer.
yeah not the best weather in the UK for a remapped M5 to strut it's stuff. what a shame.
now you're REALLY making me think i should call Mike and get him round. damn you
so you think it's seriously changed the acceleration then? truely noticably so?
Old 08-12-2008, 04:12 AM
Contributors

AbsoluteY!!!!!

The guy who Mike sent to remap it came for a quick spin before he left to go to Norwich, there was a smile on my face as big as a plate, not sure whether is was a smile or a frown on his, but boy does it move.

Im leaving the office at 15.30 today so will get back to you tomorrow once I have had chance to hit that buttom on the Motorway.

Stuff Christmas, just let me drive me M5!!
Old 08-12-2008, 08:39 AM
Members

My Ride: Black E60 M5

So the DMS is remap only or was there any hardware changes involved?

I'll love to see in person what the difference is. ?1500 for a extra 50 hp and drivability sounds ok.

Anyone in the London area got one they want to show off?

Quick Reply: DMS upgrade for e60 M5