E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

Cock or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by Phantom Mark' post='996304' date='Sep 2 2009, 02:11 PM
Please clarify, did the car display M5 badges or M badges ?? there is a difference

If he had M5 badges then he is a loser, if he had M badges you owe him an apology
M5 you can clearly see them in the pix :thumbsdown:
Old 09-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Members

The problem in UK is that the "M-sport" model is available for every engine size, all thats needed for a conversion is rear bumper, exhaust and wing mirrors, well ok a few more cylinders etc, but externally not a lot needed so not actually very expensive, very sad, yes, very expensive no..... But seriously those discs, I'm sure a mini has bigger discs!
Old 09-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by Stormster' post='996339' date='Sep 2 2009, 02:41 PM
The problem in UK is that the "M-sport" model is available for every engine size, all thats needed for a conversion is rear bumper, exhaust and wing mirrors, well ok a few more cylinders etc, but externally not a lot needed so not actually very expensive, very sad, yes, very expensive no..... But seriously those discs, I'm sure a mini has bigger discs!
same here, its the "aero package"
Old 09-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

I hate cockmeisters who badge their cars to something it isn't, even if I had made my E60 a perfect M5 replica I would still only display the ///M badges, as the car was only an ///M even if it did have all the bolt on's
Old 09-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

Originally Posted by skelevirus' post='996333' date='Sep 2 2009, 10:35 PM
M5 you can clearly see them in the pix :thumbsdown:
Couldn't be totaly sure to be honest hence I asked
Old 09-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Contributors

What a dick!! mind ive seen a few recently for some reason!!! i wouldn't but each to there own i suppose!!
Old 09-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Contributors

Those wheels are hideous.... but other than that, don't care too much if he poses as a M5 or not as I can relate with the guy not being able to afford the real deal... My car is an absolute M5 replica without the badges of course, so I wont say much except he needs M166 wheels and bigger cross drilled rotors/brakes to make it a true replica. Bottom line, we're all BMW enthusiast.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Sport

it was probably a little 525 or 530. lol! those wheels are butt! lol!
Old 09-03-2009, 03:10 AM
Senior Members

While I don't agree with "posing" most of us on here do it. Even if you got the M-Sport package when you bought your non-M, BMW is just helping you with your posing. "Hey, I don't have an M5, but it looks like one and I like it." Maybe it's BMW that's trying to mil the money out of us, but what would they do if a non-M owner wanted a sportier look? Make a new aero kit to distinguish it from the M5? That'd be the day. Then everyone on here wants the Style 166 and 167 wheels, should he M6 owners get up in arms over that? You have to draw the line somewhere, but where? And who does it? Until that happens, you'll have to deal with posers as owners of M5s. Couldn't say I don't want an M-tech bumper, but that would be posing, right? And half this board would be guilty of it. So..I dunno what else to say on the situation, other than know that on a track you would rape him and that would remind him that he doesn't have an M5. Still, others may take some time to realize it, and believe he really does have an M5 until they race him. Then they'll tell others their riced-out Civic just beet an M5, when instead it was a 525i.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 M5 Black Sapphire on Black with Walnut Madeira Wood

Originally Posted by E60714' post='996837' date='Sep 3 2009, 07:10 AM
While I don't agree with "posing" most of us on here do it. Even if you got the M-Sport package when you bought your non-M, BMW is just helping you with your posing. "Hey, I don't have an M5, but it looks like one and I like it." Maybe it's BMW that's trying to mil the money out of us, but what would they do if a non-M owner wanted a sportier look? Make a new aero kit to distinguish it from the M5? That'd be the day. Then everyone on here wants the Style 166 and 167 wheels, should he M6 owners get up in arms over that? You have to draw the line somewhere, but where? And who does it? Until that happens, you'll have to deal with posers as owners of M5s. Couldn't say I don't want an M-tech bumper, but that would be posing, right? And half this board would be guilty of it. So..I dunno what else to say on the situation, other than know that on a track you would rape him and that would remind him that he doesn't have an M5. Still, others may take some time to realize it, and believe he really does have an M5 until they race him. Then they'll tell others their riced-out Civic just beet an M5, when instead it was a 525i.

That is true everyone has their own opinion on this and I personally think it's the same having a M5 badge or having a M-tec bumper.
It might not say M5 but it's a replica of a M5 Bumper. So why care if someone made a replica of a M5 but it's not a M5 they are enthusiast
and like most people here like certain mods to make it look like a M5. I own a M5 but I really don't care if they make it look like one,
it's fun to mod and see people personal taste on the style they want to create. If you want to spend the money, then let them.

Quick Reply: Cock or Not?