E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

IT ARRIVED!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i sport, premium, winter, xenon. xm satellite radio, navwithtv dvd system, 1 jl 10w7 sub powered by xtant 1001x amp. 20x8.5/10 on nitto nt555 rubber. acs roof and decklid spoiler, breyton front spoiler.

Congrats John Enjoy it. RPI exhaust is far from subtle
Old 07-17-2010, 01:35 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Get their soon to be released GTS system.

Adding to what others have said about the oil gauge, it doesn't cycle until you're driving at a steady freeway pace for probably more than 25 mins or so, and not in stop and go traffic. You can do the manual reading like Joe suggested but the car needs to be driven for around 6 miles or so IIRC from the manual. And the funny thing is that the manual says that method is not very accurate. As if the damn thing is accurate and real time at all.

If you drive it around town a lot, chances are you won't see the gauge go down at all; until you take it for a long stretch on the freeway and don't be surprised if it suddenly says you're at the minimum level even though it's been at .8L for weeks/months. Just carry a liter in your trunk at all times.

BTW, if you think SMG is jerky, try driving it in D mode. It shifts so unexpectedly I hated it. Only tried it twice and stuck with the manual paddles eversince.

On the RPI scoops, check with Eloy to see if your 545 scoops would work on the M5. I have a feeling there's a difference in the design. If it's the same, you should then get the BMC filters and block-off plates.

Have fun.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Congrats man!!! Sounds exiting
Old 07-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Congrats John!!! My only question: WHY ARE YOU POSTING?!?!?!? Go out there and DRIVE that beast!!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Senior Members

nice johnn.. cant wait for the mods update..
Old 07-17-2010, 06:59 PM
lim
Senior Members

My Ride: e60

congrats bro! I know this was a long time waiting -- you already have more mods on that thing in 3 days than I've had my car in 3 years
Old 07-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Congrats John! I am happy for you - you finally got it

But! What the PHUCK is it about posting a thread like this without pics?!?!?! What is it, your first day on this forum?! Dude... :thumbsdown:

j/k bro, Congrats!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 11:05 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
Get their soon to be released GTS system.

Adding to what others have said about the oil gauge, it doesn't cycle until you're driving at a steady freeway pace for probably more than 25 mins or so, and not in stop and go traffic. You can do the manual reading like Joe suggested but the car needs to be driven for around 6 miles or so IIRC from the manual. And the funny thing is that the manual says that method is not very accurate. As if the damn thing is accurate and real time at all.

If you drive it around town a lot, chances are you won't see the gauge go down at all; until you take it for a long stretch on the freeway and don't be surprised if it suddenly says you're at the minimum level even though it's been at .8L for weeks/months. Just carry a liter in your trunk at all times.

BTW, if you think SMG is jerky, try driving it in D mode. It shifts so unexpectedly I hated it. Only tried it twice and stuck with the manual paddles eversince.

On the RPI scoops, check with Eloy to see if your 545 scoops would work on the M5. I have a feeling there's a difference in the design. If it's the same, you should then get the BMC filters and block-off plates.

Have fun.
Yeah Im gonna wait for the GTS video clip. I resetted it. It's all good now.

It looks about the same. I'll get the block off and BMC filter tho.

Originally Posted by tonymac
Congrats man!!! Sounds exiting
Thanks tonymac! It's exciting BTW. LOL

Originally Posted by pjinca
Congrats John!!! My only question: WHY ARE YOU POSTING?!?!?!? Go out there and DRIVE that beast!!!!
Cuz it's a gas guzzler. In two days, I already spent $80 in gas! LOL. The AC is surprisingly SUPER FREEZING! The ventilated seats is niiiiiice. I wear basketball shorts and feel it nicely. No more sweaty backs!

Originally Posted by naj155
nice johnn.. cant wait for the mods update..
Gonna hold off on modding.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

Congrats!!!!

Remember to shift the beast above of 6K rpm. That is where the peak torque is and it is the best for roll runs.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 M5 (Sepang Bronze/Natural Brown) Eisenmann Exhaust with Miesterchaft Sections 1 & 2 Evosport Headers Evosport Pulley RPi Scoops & Block Off Plates with BMC Filters Eibach Pro-Kit Springs 20" Breyton Race CS in Polished Silver

John says he's not gonna mod the M5 for now...

I will be taking bets.. who's in?