E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

IT ARRIVED!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

damn, everybodies getting an m5...i feel left out lol
Old 07-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

FINALLY!!!!

You will get used to the SMG. The BEST way to shift smoothly is to lift up big toe once you change gears and it'll be like silk. DO NOT over fill your oil. Once you put the quart in you have to reset the oil level. Go where you would turn on your turn signals and press the bottom button until you see the oil level then hold that same button until it resets. Let the car sit for about 2 mins and you'll have the new oil level reading. AGAIN DO NOT over fill the oil. Call me if you have any issues

+100000 what Calton said...Adjust your side support and the active seats are MONEY!

Congrats!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:12 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by Anzafin
Congratulations John!
I'm jealous...
Antti! Get one!!! It's not that much more hehe

Originally Posted by NC916
Congrats john wheres the damn pix now haha
I had pix on my other thread. Will take more after wednesday when it receives a fresh detail

Originally Posted by A90
Concrats John, nice read is it an LCI ? and what colour ?

I've changed 3 weeks ago from a 2007- 540 to a 2007 M5 and had similar experiences.

In case you don't know yet; keep in mind that you have to keep an eye on your oil level when pushing the beast often, you can monitor it in the BC check screen. The oil is specific for the M5 and not all around available, it is Castrol TWS 10W-60 especially made for the M series from BMW.

Enjoy !

Michael
Yup. 2008 Interlagos Blue. It drinks oil just as much as it drinks gas!! LOL

Originally Posted by Shezmon
hit me up... i might ride along to go see Calton...After all C went to the Carolina for the lessons... .. Might learn a thing or two.... and again Two Beasts better than one on the road... By the way i am very happy for you... Stay safe.
Ok. When r u avail? I might hit up Calton tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Trinity Autosport
FINALLY!!!!

You will get used to the SMG. The BEST way to shift smoothly is to lift up big toe once you change gears and it'll be like silk. DO NOT over fill your oil. Once you put the quart in you have to reset the oil level. Go where you would turn on your turn signals and press the bottom button until you see the oil level then hold that same button until it resets. Let the car sit for about 2 mins and you'll have the new oil level reading. AGAIN DO NOT over fill the oil. Call me if you have any issues

+100000 what Calton said...Adjust your side support and the active seats are MONEY!

Congrats!
I know. I wouldn't overfill it. hehe. I totally forgot about reset. I did adjust the side support but it's not close enough to my body. Weird. Couple issues I gotta take it with the SA: 1) my gloss shadowline trim has spots 2) my steering wheel plastic thing peeled 3) my ventilated seats is loud!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:12 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

That's awesome man! You deserve it!

Get that RPi exhaust!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by skunkd
oil level indicator takes about ~50 miles to readjust on its own sometimes 75... dont add more til it reads cause obviously you can overfill and cause major problems

smg u'll get better, i remember when i first got mine it was such a jerky ride but now I never want to drive anything but SMG / DSG

have you reset your smg to adjust to your driving? cause it could be used to the past owner and most likely you drive much differently then them.

to do this go between 40-90mph and put the smg in neutral. then hold the - and + paddles in at the same time for 10 seconds (i do 20 just to make sure since theres no audible alert that it has been reset) then put the car back in D

the car will now adjust to your shifting pattern and help smooth it out a bit
I read the manual last night to see if there's anything special. I found the resetting thing. Also found out the trunk release is ALSO under the rear seats!!!!!! Will definitely reset it. It was a trade-in from an MD in Texas. I guess he babied it. It says 14.8 MPG when I got the car. I GET HALF THAT!!!!

Originally Posted by JeRZee XiE60
Congrats John!! I'm soooo jealous too.
Thanks thanks!

Originally Posted by providenceleaf
Congrats! It's a learning curve with the SMG. You'll love it once you get used to it.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
Congrats on the new beast John !!!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
The car adapts to your driving. If you baby it, it will baby around. Make sure you drive it hard! Congrats!

PS - the active seats are HUGE. If you don't notice a difference, you're not driving hard enough. Not kidding.
I like it to hug me all the time. THe Mercedes active seats are nicer IMHO.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
Oh BTW, I LOVE how the stock exhaust sounds. Not too loud, not too quiet. I gotta get inside Calton's car and listen to the RPi before I jump onto the RPi full exhaust. Yes it sounds sick but I like the cabin not too loud. SHit I'll prolly get it. LOL. Mebbe leave it stock for now and paint those tips black. I dunno. We'll see we'll see.
First of all, congrats on your beast John.

As far as the full RPI race exhaust goes, I've been in dbae's M5 which has the full RPI race exhaust and every other RPI performance enhancing mod available. If you are looking for subtlety, the RPI exhaust is not for you. The RPI exhaust is way LOUD and makes the M5 roar like a demon. I love it!! And after all, the M5 ain't about being subtle. But if you are looking for the sound of quiet power, don't get the RPI exhaust. If you want a loud, balls to the wall beast then by all means, snap up the RPI exhaust.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871
If you are looking for subtlety, the RPI exhaust is not for you. The RPI exhaust is way LOUD and makes the M5 roar like a demon. I love it!! And after all, the M5 ain't about being subtle.
John - If you want something subtle, I'll trade you my 530 with magnaflow for your M5. I know you didn't get an M5 to subtle.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Contributors

Congrats John. Have fun and stay safe.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Congrats on the BEAST!!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i Production date: 02/04 Color: Black Sapphire Metallic Trim: Anthracite Options: Sport package with STEPTRONIC, Premium Sound, Rear Sunshade, Xenon

Congrats John......now u made me start to look for the M .....