E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

IT ARRIVED!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

I gotta love it! Tried the ventilated seats, works wonders. Interior is beautiful. Love the aluminum. Love the OEM USB. Love the full leather, not really feeling the active seats (doesnt do SH!T IMO), LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the soft-close doors. It actually PULLS the door IN!!! Just like the 7 series!!!! Alcantara headliner is neat, sunshades, everything! Car also has clear bra but the hood clear bra already bubbled a little.

Here's the bad: the car was on the trailer's top level so tree branches scratched the clearcoat slightly. It's going to Big A (Andrew) for an exterior detail and clay wednesday. Definitely needs to be clayed and polished. It will take the scratches RIGHT off. And while transporting, probably the guy who drove it accidentally scratched my front bumper. THe clear bra got scratched and ripped a little bit. I didnt see it before! No biggie though. I'll cut off a little bit of the clear bra and it will buff right out. but PHUCK!!!!!!!

Installed the HID angels, 6000K D1S, MTEC License plate lamps, Full led interiors today. Took off the grills and fender grills to be plastidipped. Totally forgot about my matte black badge.

Oh yeah, I also installed my dual RPi scoops from my 545i into my M5 today. I didnt feel a difference afterwards. Mebbe it's cuz it has a lot of power already.

Here's a review:

When I first hopped into the car, it felt slower than my 545i!! Seriously! I guess the 545i isn't that slow after all. I was confused. It shifted like shit, no power at all, hesitates to go. Turned the SMG setting all the way to 5. Still sucks! I am like, what M5 is this? Revved it, sounds like a V10. Opened my hood, it does say M5 V10!!! Got back in, drive again. Then I remembered about the M button! Totally forgot about it. Pressed it, it opened up a monster! DAMN IT'S FAST! One HUUUUGE problem. The car does not feel like it's at 110 mph and it's already is! I am SOOOOO getting pulled over with this car. You can't drive this under 5K rpm. It demands to be shifted at 7k+

I did drive the two cars back to back and the 545i is decently quick!!! The 545i drives wonderfully and is an EXCELLENT all around car. I am very used to the torque curve with the 545i and know when to shift and when to put it in what gear. All I'm saying is, the 545i isnt slow and with my suspension setup, it handles like a dream too!

I was talking to Shezmon on the phone and decide to try out second and 3rd gear. Damn I was already over 100 and didnt know. The M5 really doesnt feel that fast but in reality, it's so freakin quick! Good thing I am used to the E60. Let's say one has been driving a Prius all his life, one would not be able to handle the power.

SMG is hard to control without P500S. I cannot shift smoothly at all! Any tips and tricks? My girlfriend says my hard and fast shifts in the 545i are smoother and quicker than the SMG. And driving the SMG in traffic SUCKS! I can;t get it right. I need some help with this.

Tonight coming back from dinner, there was an Acura 3.5RL. I dunno what he was thinking. I had Amy and my other friend Jon (he drives an E92 M3) all in the car. DOwnshifted to second, slammed into third, and I couldnt see his headlights. THen I exitted and he did a fly-by. At first I didn't wanna waste gas on him but hey, the M5 gets under 8 mpg anyway. Who cares? LOL.

I also added a quart of oil but it still says add 1 quart. How long does it take for it to read?

All in all, I love the exterior (due to the color), I love the interior, I love the car overall. But if I had a choice, I would like to keep my 545i. But money's tight and I dont need another E60 laying around NOT driven.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:36 PM
Banned

Oh BTW, I LOVE how the stock exhaust sounds. Not too loud, not too quiet. I gotta get inside Calton's car and listen to the RPi before I jump onto the RPi full exhaust. Yes it sounds sick but I like the cabin not too loud. SHit I'll prolly get it. LOL. Mebbe leave it stock for now and paint those tips black. I dunno. We'll see we'll see.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Congrats John! Enjoy it
Old 07-16-2010, 10:50 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

lmao, i can feel the excitement in your post!
congrats john, and keep that beast under a 100... at least until you're on the fwy!
and one more thing... PICS!!!!!?????
Old 07-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

Finally! congrats!!!
Old 07-16-2010, 11:46 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yah i can tell by the excitment in your write up and can't wait to see the transformation john, congrats again. Now post some pics.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:58 PM
Banned

I'll post some pix after getting it detailed. I;m ashamed of it. LOL. I'm not doing anything major. Just leaving it OEM for now and enjoy it. Did my lights except for HID reverse. I'm gonna do step by step. After I get payment for my 545, I'll send the front lip spoiler and rear diffuser to the paint shop.

You know what's so funny? I was trying to find the fog light button!!! Just remembered it was an M

Current mods:
8000K HID Angel Eyes
6000K D1S
Super Ultimate LED interiors
MTEC License Plate Lamps
Matte Black M5 emblem
Matte Black Kidney Grills
Matte Black Fender Grills

To do:
Hartge Style Front Lip and Rear Diffuser
HID Reverse 6000K

That;s it for now. And maybe powdercoat the wheels and add 12mm spacers all around. MAYBE. I like the ride as is. Yes it sits awfully high and the gap is ugly. But the suspension is perfect. Mebbe I'll meet up with Calton Sunday to compare his and mine. And he can also show me how to drive this SMG better. It just seems awkward without a clutch.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:07 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Seriously, where are the pics?! MOAR PICS!
Old 07-17-2010, 12:24 AM
Banned

u know i dont take pix!!!! Oh another mod also, the remote control retractable license plate

car has NO plates! It has Texas temp plates. LOL. It's good til 9/11/2010!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 12:26 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

congrats mang