E60 M5 Discussion The almighty M5. Have you seen one today?

5 killed in an ///M5

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know I will be honest here. I am 19, and just purchased my 2006 M5. The mechanic old irish man Professional BMW mechanic asks me a question "Do you know what car you bought?" I say "Yes, an M5", he says "Its not only an M5 its a kill machine, only pros or people who finished the M5 driving course should be eligible to drive this car, so much power can kill a person" he yelled at my parents for letting me buy this car. "From this lesson, I learned to know how to drive this car first and what it is, than use it properly"

So I want to tell something to the young drivers fellas...This is an M5 and its a sexy beautiful car, you can get all girls from everywhere, and kill almost everybody on the road racing it. But, the 500hp doesnt mean you have to use it and drive crazy and showing off, one day, and listen one day... you will kill yourself if you don't drive in this car safely and know what to do.

My dad is a professional rally driver, and has been a driver instructor over 25 years, as soon as he tested that car, he was scared driving it again.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I remember when this happened. I remember this kid posting on M5Board before the crash. This was a terrible story.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 BMW ///M5 V10

Originally Posted by 545iPoeser
Your dead right
lol i dont get it
Old 02-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Terrible tragedy...
Old 02-17-2010, 07:44 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BMWPower06
lol i dont get it

i meant to say your damn right. We are all responsible for our own actions, no matter what the age or maturity level that your on.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

DSC ON
Old 02-17-2010, 08:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 545iPoeser
I don't know if u guys saw this but I think you should. I'm not trying to promote another website, but i saw this on M5board and think that we should all take a look at this and hopefully take a sign on what we can learn from this tragedy.

The person driving was a member of M5board who had just joined the forum after getting an M5 at the very young age of 18. I myself know more than four 18 year olds with M's and IMO think its like their walking around with loaded guns. At my age of 22 i still think i'm to young to have such a great responsibility of driving such a beast, but its story's like this that will hopefully slow us all down and teach us that life is to precious to mess with. My deapest condolences go out to the lost young ones and their families.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...-5-killed.html

Indeed people need to be more responsible, both the parents who buy their kids such fast cars and the kids that are spoiled with that treatment. In most cases, people that young didn't pay for the car with their own, hard earned money so being responsible is probably not in their first interest.

At 22, you are very lucky and privileged to have such a nice car. If you paid for it yourself, that's extremely commendable. Regardless, be safe.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
Indeed people need to be more responsible, both the parents who buy their kids such fast cars and the kids that are spoiled with that treatment. In most cases, people that young didn't pay for the car with their own, hard earned money so being responsible is probably not in their first interest.

At 22, you are very lucky and privileged to have such a nice car. If you paid for it yourself, that's extremely commendable. Regardless, be safe.
I do pay for the car, and i work very hard for it, thank you. But pops covers the insurance
Old 02-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi

I paid for my car as well. Mind you some inheritance came into play due to unfortunate circumstances.

I work hard for my money and it makes me sick to see kids whose parents dont teach them the value of a dollar or how hard it is to make it. I have a friend whose parents gave him a million dollar cheque for his 19th birthday.. A kid who doesnt have his high school diplomma, is RETARDED due to countless drugs, and has probably 500k in cars personally ( Porsche Cayenne S w 24" rims, 10k+ in mods, 2010 Range Rover HSE, 2009 Nissan 350ZX with Widebody, TOYS TOYS TOYS).

I take strong offense to people who are JEALOUS at young guys who have money because of successful up-bringing parents and a hard working business family structure.... SORRY im venting now..
Old 02-17-2010, 01:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 530i 06 ///M5

i'm 24 myself finally got an m5 and love it, but i've had faster cars prior to this and never been in a single accident in my life (knock on wood). Never saw this story before but wow just scary...

People who've known me know my car is more important to me then going out drinking or stupid bets or speed contests and other crap. I never drive my car I take taxi's or get rides from friends when i wanna be reckless. when i wanna race someone i do it in a rental car lol.

i'm convinced its the personality and not the car. My brother totally has no respect for the cars he's owned and has totaled 3 within 2 years and 1 motorcycle within that same time frame. me i'm on the same r6 i learned how to ride on. I respect my cars, I care for them, and I pay for them so I try to abuse them in a friendly manner.

some people just don't learn.

Quick Reply: 5 killed in an ///M5