E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Your most regretful modification to your E60...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Haha, I know. I have been hearing that quite often lately.
Dont raise the price yet , I still need you to do my orions
Old 11-13-2011, 02:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i sport 6spd Sapphire Black/Tan

Originally Posted by tprenaldo
Oh yeah I almost forgot about him. Sorry guys, I couldn't get the FEDS to bite in on going after him:thumbsdown:
No problem, thanks for helping out. Very appreciated!
Old 11-13-2011, 08:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
AFE cold air (I mean hot air) intake on my 545i.
1) Mine too as well. Good thing that there was a buyback to absorb some $ damage.

2) Hartge Style Splitter - It looked great but cost too much in shipping + paint job. I ended up hitting and scrapping it so much that it cracked, so I finally took it off for good.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528xi

Originally Posted by CEWONE
Never Put H&R Springs on stock struts. The ride really sucks in NYC on stock 17's, but improved a lot when I put on my custom 20' Donz Masseria X-Concave rims with Falken FK-452's. I don't know if it's the tires, rims or both. the ride is bouncier, and my wife stopped complaining, but now winter is coming so I'm switching back to stock, but i will buy Bridgestone Blizzaks for winter tires. I will know then if the Eagle RSA tires that came with the car originally are the problem, if not I will replace with stock struts, or buy Coilovers. I hate the fender gap on the XI'sAttachment 128120

you have a all wheel drive ?
Old 11-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Members

The worst regret I have done to a BMW is I re-programmed a 325i intake to that of a 330i and then phsycially changed it to a 330 inake manifold. Sure it took a good 6 hours total and added a huge amount of horsepower to the car, maybe around 35hp or so but this was my wife's car and after i did that she started racking up tickets

Originally Posted by danny6956
I got 6000K hid kit fitted to halogen reflector lenses.. it does illuminate the road a lot better than stock halogens.. but i do get flashed for blinding people.
and when we travel with multiple cars, i always have to lead .. im looking into headlight upgrades to counter this issue but avoiding halogens.. also OBC sometimes gives errors even with the errorcancellor.. and last when i coldstart, the lights flashes and take a few moments to stabillize (sometimes with dipped beam faillure on the dash).. really ugly and annoying..
You may have gotten the wrong lights for the reflector lenses. If you put D2S you should have used D2R. There is a minor difference. As far as the lamp check this is easily resolvable with coding. I can provide more info just message me.

Originally Posted by wtf
So far since I only have had my E60 for a couple of months, mine was changing my HID low beam bulbs to 10000k...
Mark
Ouch. 10,000K bulbs are very poor. You should have went with 5000K and if you cannot find them 6000K would have been ideal.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Senior Members

buying an e60!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:26 AM
wtf
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i Daily Porsche 986S Convertible Weekend

Im regretting buying cheap angel eyes off ebay. Not that I think they aren't bright (I never installed them), I just read everyone saying how dull the cheap AE's are so I went and bought some MTEC V3.

I dont want to have to pull the headlights out multiple times, risk scratching the front bar up and making a mess.

Next (and hopefully only) time the headlights are coming out is to install the MTEC V3 AE's, the 100W blue/white high beams and the error free foglight HIDs. Then with any luck, that is all

Mark
Old 11-16-2011, 08:21 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first LEDs for my AEs. They were not bright and caused OBC errors.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:16 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by wtf
Next (and hopefully only) time the headlights are coming out is to install the MTEC V3 AE's, the 100W blue/white high beams and the error free foglight HIDs. Then with any luck, that is all

Mark
WHOA WHOA, I highly advise you against installing this so-called 100W bulb for your high beams, otherwise that will soon be your MOST regretful mod. That will easily burn your harness, possibly melting your headlight. You can't just throw in whatever bulb in there man.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:21 PM
wtf
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i Daily Porsche 986S Convertible Weekend

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
WHOA WHOA, I highly advise you against installing this so-called 100W bulb for your high beams, otherwise that will soon be your MOST regretful mod. That will easily burn your harness, possibly melting your headlight. You can't just throw in whatever bulb in there man.

really? hmm the seller claims they are 100% safe, as i wasnt sure if the factory wiring would have any issues with the higher wattage bulbs - i have installed 100w bulbs in previous cars without issue, but they were admittedly not bmw's.. Should I scrap them and just try finding 55w ones?

this is what i bought:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayIS...E:L:OC:AU:1123

I dont really like the idea of trusting my cars wiring to a random advert but the ad stated "Are they safe to use? Our 100w 5000k Xenon White bulbs are 100% safe to use in all vehicles."

Sooo, I take it people have had negative experience with this kind of thing? :S

Mark

Quick Reply: Your most regretful modification to your E60...