E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Your most regretful modification to your E60...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 11:32 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most regretful thing-buying an E60 without prior researching. I paid about $15,000 more than what I should have. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

With that amount of money, I could mod my car to a show car!! GODDAMNIT!!
Old 11-18-2011, 07:19 AM
Senior Members

lol overpaid 15k? Next time u wanna buy a car holler at me dude...
Old 11-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by kadafi39
lol overpaid 15k? Next time u wanna buy a car holler at me dude...
Seriously!!
I paid a lil over $39,000 out of door for an 08 528i WITHOUT ANY packages in Feb of 2011.

DAMN it!!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

OMG!

im so sorry to hear that man....thats (06) M5 prices right now....shit. well look at it like this, you still have a beautiful car!

Originally Posted by Gizzler
Seriously!!
I paid a lil over $39,000 out of door for an 08 528i WITHOUT ANY packages in Feb of 2011.

DAMN it!!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:45 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver BMW 530iA, Sport & Premium Package, Active Steering, Anti-Roll-Suspension, Adaptive Headlight, Navigation, OEM M-Tech Kit, Authentic RD Trunk Spoiler, VIP Modular Wheels: 245/35/20; 275/30/20, OEM M Trunk Finisher.

Don't feel so bad, in 2005 I brought a cashier's check for $58,XXX to the Beverly Hill BMW dealer for a 2006 530i; I think my car is fully packaged. Anyways, I did not know anything about BMWs and just bought it because I liked the shape of the car.

The moral of the story is: If I had known about this website, I would have bought a CPO (with extensive warranty) with some pretty awesome mods in it. I did not understand about CPO nor the benefits that I could utilize. To top it of, it was the second brand new car I bought. Lesson learnt: Better to buy CPO (with warranty) because luxury cars are the worst investment! LOL

Oh, also, I lost over $120,000 (I swear to god) in the f@#ked up stock market in less than 3 months. At least you get to have and enjoy what you saved your money for.

Feel better now? LOL

Originally Posted by Gizzler
Most regretful thing-buying an E60 without prior researching. I paid about $15,000 more than what I should have. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

With that amount of money, I could mod my car to a show car!! GODDAMNIT!!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Members

Originally Posted by umichchris
OMG!

im so sorry to hear that man....thats (06) M5 prices right now....shit. well look at it like this, you still have a beautiful car!
I know right. The worst thing is after 5 months I bought the car, its sub-frame that supports the engine broke and cost me $3,300 to fix it :thumbsdown: (was told that it's not covered under warranty) I know I don't drive like a jackass and I've never driven into a freaking effed up road to break the sub-frame, and I thought later that maybe the previous owner did and he just repaired it instead of replacing

Well, in the end, with a few mods now, I'm very happy with my car although it doesn't have some luxury features like navg or convenient package or comfy seats or sport seat or HUD or ANYTHING!!
The only moment I wanna die was when I heard my friend's brother bought a 2011 F10 528i with navg and some other features about 10k miles for $44,000 OOD a week ago!!

But anyways, I LOVE E60!!

Originally Posted by BIM530I
Don't feel so bad, in 2005 I brought a cashier's check for $58,XXX to the Beverly Hill BMW dealer for a 2006 530i; I think my car is fully packaged. Anyways, I did not know anything about BMWs and just bought it because I liked the shape of the car.

The moral of the story is: If I had known about this website, I would have bought a CPO (with extensive warranty) with some pretty awesome mods in it. I did not understand about CPO nor the benefits that I could utilize. To top it of, it was the second brand new car I bought. Lesson learnt: Better to buy CPO (with warranty) because luxury cars are the worst investment! LOL

Oh, also, I lost over $120,000 (I swear to god) in the f@#ked up stock market in less than 3 months. At least you get to have and enjoy what you saved your money for.

Feel better now? LOL
Thanks brother!!

Well, I'm still a student and not a businessman or a baller like many of you guys on the forum

But well, just put it this way-I always learned these kinda lessons in HARD WAYS...

and again just a month ago, I bought a set of HRE wheels from a forum member here and the conditions he stated are drastically different from what they really are. Now waiting for paypal to come out with a solution.
I always rush things up, eff 'em up, and regret later!!

Anyways, I now just have to hope for the best...
Old 11-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I agree with you guys above. I joined this forum a year after I bought my car, there is SO much I missed out on, if only I had known. This site taught me so much about my car and if I had known before I bought I might have gotten more for my money.
Although, I did get a good deal, I bought my 05 in 07 as a CPO and got it just about as loaded as a 530 gets (minus full sports pkg and 6spd tranny) for $29k out the door with 16k miles on it, not bad over all but I probably could have done better.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
I agree with you guys above. I joined this forum a year after I bought my car, there is SO much I missed out on, if only I had known. This site taught me so much about my car and if I had known before I bought I might have gotten more for my money.
Although, I did get a good deal, I bought my 05 in 07 as a CPO and got it just about as loaded as a 530 gets (minus full sports pkg and 6spd tranny) for $29k out the door with 16k miles on it, not bad over all but I probably could have done better.
+1 about the forum!!

and don't worry, you got a WAYYY greater deal than I did brother!!
Old 11-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by wtf
I actually kind of guessed this after i blew it up, as I noticed the entire setup has to be switched backwards to the clip (this is the same in my old supra, i dont know why ballasts have the wires backwards).

Will the umnitza canbus pro ones be the same setup? Id rather not blow one of them up as well by putting it in backwards!

And I got 10000k headlights in atm, they are terrible lol. I am switching to 6000k. The foglights I was going to run 8000k though, since they are illegal to use in australia for the most part anyway.
You do not have to worry, they have polarity protection. You won't have a problem.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

Well it wont happen again for certain. Most important thing is are you enjoying your car?

Quick Reply: Your most regretful modification to your E60...