E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Your almost 1000 mile Godspeed Coilover Post!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 11:43 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i xdrive
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by Nite_Grind
Great choice Lynch. Inspired.

I myself have a H&A Background. I have the Godspeed Mono Maxs on my 97 Civic sedan. It's the best money I've spent to date on a "budget" branded coilover. I've owned many brands over the years HKS Hymper max II's, Function Form type 1 & 2's, Megan Racing SS, J2's, DNA ebay, Tru Hart, and I've ridden in cars with KW's ( I think are junk ), Koni GC (if you play with them and know your stuff you can achieve good results, OTS stuff from them sucks ), Skunk2 Pro C ( good but short lifespan ) and so on. I am planning the same for my wife's e60. Which coilover did you choose? They have 2 available for the e60. The RS and max, I don't want to sacrifice the oem ride quality to much.

- Joel
Curious about your comment on KW being junk considering there are probably 1,000 positive reviews about them on the BMW forums. I have not ridden in a car with them so I do not have an opinion, but I know next year I will need to replace my OEMs, so been eyeing these KWs while reading up on all the other reviews from Godspeed to BC Racing.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:43 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

More pics please.
Old 11-12-2016, 03:00 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530xi

Originally Posted by Nite_Grind
Great choice Lynch. Inspired.

I myself have a H&A Background. I have the Godspeed Mono Maxs on my 97 Civic sedan. It's the best money I've spent to date on a "budget" branded coilover. I've owned many brands over the years HKS Hymper max II's, Function Form type 1 & 2's, Megan Racing SS, J2's, DNA ebay, Tru Hart, and I've ridden in cars with KW's ( I think are junk ), Koni GC (if you play with them and know your stuff you can achieve good results, OTS stuff from them sucks ), Skunk2 Pro C ( good but short lifespan ) and so on. I am planning the same for my wife's e60. Which coilover did you choose? They have 2 available for the e60. The RS and max, I don't want to sacrifice the oem ride quality to much.

- Joel
Just seeing your response now, but the Max. I think they are the only ones that fit with the xi.
Old 11-12-2016, 03:02 PM
New Members

My Ride: 530xi

Originally Posted by skrelnik
Curious about your comment on KW being junk considering there are probably 1,000 positive reviews about them on the BMW forums. I have not ridden in a car with them so I do not have an opinion, but I know next year I will need to replace my OEMs, so been eyeing these KWs while reading up on all the other reviews from Godspeed to BC Racing.
I have to say, I'm really happy with the godspeed's. I don't do much driving between really short trips less than 5mi around the neighborhood or longer 200+ mile drives so while i'm not daily driving them on a commute I can safely say they are way more comfortable than the 10 yo system that was on there before.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:43 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 3351
Default Godspeed Coils Overs

Wow I feel alot better because I finally found a decent review on these coilovers. I am going to pick up a set that a friend purchased for his bimmer and he's got all wheel drive and to make a long story short. I am getting them for $350.00. But with that said I was not really seeing any reviews on these units until now thanks Lynch. Anyways the funny part is I called the headquarters and they confirmed the correct part and so I am going to take a chance on these for the price and I will go ahead and get the camber kit so the bimmer is not squatting in the rear tires. The front apparently already have them built in including damper settings.

Thanks for sharing this review. I will post mine when I have it installed and pardon me I do have an 07 335i N54 motor and its a darn shame I ended up here to get a review because those owners are too lazy. lol

Take care

Originally Posted by lynch
Alright! Since it looks like no one has posted about their experience with these yet, it's up to me I guess.....

Prior to installing these, I had replaced the control arm bushing last summer which helped a lot with some looseness that I was feeling up front. The car was up to 125k miles now and really when I took an offramp or any sweeping corner it felt like the car was riding on slinkys. The body roll was insufferable and uncomfortable and just didn't feel great.

After doing my shopping, I considered just getting some new springs (H&R) but a lot of people said running those on the stock struts would just blow out the struts way faster so when I looked at upgrading to some Bilstein as well as the H&R I realized that package would be similar to the cost of the Godspeed coilovers. I did my research and really didn't feel like I needed the KW 3V - mainly because I wasn't going to spend 1/3 the cost of this car on the suspension system. I was also seeing people say they were seeing issues with the H&R x Bilstein system and I do a fair bit of driving in the snow so I felt that being able to adjust the ride height in the winter would be a welcome option. In addition to that, I did a lot of research on the Godspeed coilovers in general for other cars and talked to some friends. Two things impressed me about Godspeed - they had good ratings among the Subaru community so I felt comfortable with their awd performance and the Honda/Acura community really compared them to a budget version of Megan coilovers (skipping to the end, a friend that installed these with me runs Megans and he was pleased with the Godspeeds in the 5). With this information I went all in and got the Godspeed. Now that you have a ton of unnecessary information about my decision making process -

Shipment was delayed maybe a week or so but when they arrived I was pleased with how great they looked. They didn't seem to be a "cheap" product or seem to skimp in any way. I installed them on my 2006 530xi on June 26 and since then have done just under 1000 miles - I have no pictures of the process but the install was relatively simple. Only hard part was accessing the mounting point on the rears. Was a tight squeeze in the trunk with all the wiring harnesses in that area.

In the end, I lowered the car around 2" and have been running them on the loosest setting and holy crap are they great. In February my lovely Fiance got me the M driving school as a birthday gift and I'm not saying that the godspeeds made my car handle like the M5 but after installing these, driving the car put an immediate smile on my face and reminded me about how well those cars handled. The softest setting on these still rides a little hard but I am still breaking them in. I've had no problems with things loosening up or slipping and the coilovers are super easy to adjsut.

Since installing them, I replaced the sway bar links (i think we may have damaged one of the fronts during the install process) and the horrible noise my stock suspension was making was hiding the noise of some very lose wheel bearings on the rear so I had them replaced as well. I have also installed the retrofit sport mode in the e60.

All in all, I really have to recommend these for anyone seeking a budget friendly coilover option for the xi's. I don't track the car so I cant speak for how well they can hold up to constant abuse but I've done some long hauls (250ish mi a trip) since installing these and the rides are pleasant, comfortable and with the sport mode on some back roads, hella sporty.

leave some questions if you have them! Attached are some post install pics-

right after install - back is pretty low here. had to adjust it after -

Rolling -

With a whole bunch of added weight -
Attached Thumbnails Your almost 1000 mile Godspeed Coilover Post!-17888573_208568469634314_1040191412_n.jpg   Your almost 1000 mile Godspeed Coilover Post!-17857938_208571129634048_477152696_n.jpg  

Last edited by Midwest Playa; 04-10-2017 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:00 PM
New Members

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi
Model Year: 2008
Engine: n54

Well, my first trip to work today on the godspeeds I put in this weekend... after 50 miles I wish I did this last summer. It's set on full soft, I might tighten up the pistons just to see how much harder it gets, but the massive dips and cobblestone bumpiness is all but gone. My ride surprisingly is now closer feeling to my 17" wheels with stock suspension. (So now I'm riding on 19" wheels and about 1.5" lowered).

Adjustment was/is a pure pain in the a$$ though. You would think that first.. left and right would be the same adjustment. And, you'd also think that the difference in height would reflect the same distance in the coilover adjustment. Uhh.. no. So I had to put the car up and down like 10 times. Thankfully I'm using my brand new quickjack which is so awesome. I know they need to settle a bit, so I did do a few sprints around the block and then back to adjust. Today after I got back home the adjustment is still slightly off. With my winter tires (a little shorter profile ) the fenders were actually both 25.5" from the ground, perfectly level. I was shooting for that.. (it's about 26 front and 25.75 rear).
I'll readjust again in a few days. Packaging was plain and simple with bubble wrap. ZERO instructions other than not to adjust the preload. They could at least throw you a little explanation or instructions (thankfully I've had coilovers before but that was 10+ yrs ago).
Old 08-15-2018, 06:07 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60 BMW 530i RWD with Godspeed monomax coilovers
Model Year: 2006
Default Godspeed 15 miles

Hey Lynch, I just installed my monomax Godspeed coilovers and they are extremely stiff but also very fun. I tried setting them on the lowest damper. How long did it take for you to start noticing the springs loosening up?

Thsnks,
Braydon