E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Why is it so hard to get BRIGHT angel eyes on E60

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 07:11 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gave up trying to go brighter on my ae's pre lci. Orions in the future maybe but I am satisfied with my mtechs
Old 03-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by IQ21

Just upgraded the Angel Eye with LED bulb.

But as soon as the LED is 6000K white in color, so I place a amber filter in front of the bulb to make the light back to yellow.
i'm quite satisify on it.
Do you have any more information on this?
Old 03-19-2012, 07:25 AM
Members

My Ride: Black 2006 530i Premium Package, Navigation, 18in OEM Wheels, Black Leather, Wood Grain Dash

Originally Posted by southgate
I gave up trying to go brighter on my ae's pre lci. Orions in the future maybe but I am satisfied with my mtechs
+1
Old 03-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Only this can help

Why is it so hard to get BRIGHT angel eyes on E60-orions-01.png
Old 03-19-2012, 09:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Only this can help

Attachment 131420

I dont really trust anyone in Hong Kong to crack open my headlights and do the job properly!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by mark_hk
I dont really trust anyone in Hong Kong to crack open my headlights and do the job properly!!!
I wouldn't want anyone to crack my open either lol they use precision powertools these days though so it's all good
Old 03-20-2012, 06:09 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D Tourer - Pre LCI

Incidently - How do you crack these bad boys open?

I did some on my S3 years ago successfully - involved placing them in the oven of all places!! to loosen the bonding... not too keen in chucking these in the oven though
Old 03-20-2012, 08:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Originally Posted by Mr. Klean
ok, so i'm a bit of a NOOB, but i have an LCI (08) 535 and my angels are bright, but they are the yellow color. Can I not get the newer OEM angels and install them? How hard would that be or would it throw an error code?

Thanks in advance!
The new F10s have two bulbs now for their AEs and the E60s have one, thus the F10s are brighter and can be seen during the day (white light). I have he 6W LEDs from Trinity Autosports and they don't show up at all in the sun, but look great at night. I am getting Simon to install my Orions.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by v_therussian
I wouldn't want anyone to crack my open either lol they use precision powertools these days though so it's all good
Well, opening with power tool is just for it to be cleaner and easier to seal. Incidentally, using the insane method of soldering iron to open as per Umnitza's first PDF will work, just takes forever and smells like burning hell. Plus it looks nasty on the ridges.

Originally Posted by 1Animal1
Incidently - How do you crack these bad boys open?

I did some on my S3 years ago successfully - involved placing them in the oven of all places!! to loosen the bonding... not too keen in chucking these in the oven though
Baking it does not work on these unless you want to damage other parts of the headlight.

Originally Posted by wtlb
The new F10s have two bulbs now for their AEs and the E60s have one, thus the F10s are brighter and can be seen during the day (white light). I have he 6W LEDs from Trinity Autosports and they don't show up at all in the sun, but look great at night. I am getting Simon to install my Orions.
Alrighty, let me know
Old 03-20-2012, 10:37 AM
bbl
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Well, opening with power tool is just for it to be cleaner and easier to seal. Incidentally, using the insane method of soldering iron to open as per Umnitza's first PDF will work, just takes forever and smells like burning hell. Plus it looks nasty on the ridges.

Baking it does not work on these unless you want to damage other parts of the headlight.

Alrighty, let me know
i had took to a shop in hong kong and ask them to bake it, they refuse, they said it no use to bake bmw.

Quick Reply: Why is it so hard to get BRIGHT angel eyes on E60