E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Why is it so hard to get BRIGHT angel eyes on E60

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every angel eyes after-market upgrade for the E60 pre-LCI makes all these claims about how bright they are, then you find people in forums saying they're definitely whiter and a bit brighter, but they never end up actually being properly bright. Not when you compare them to say a new X1 or 5er GT.

Is it so difficult ? It's just some LEDs.

I'd happily pay up to somewhere around $400 for a set of angel eyes as bright as an X1/GT. Nobody's offering such a thing though. Just silly novelty ones that you can barely even see from 100 feet away in daylight.

:thumbsdown:
Old 11-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can always get orions which are the brightest lights available, however it requires cutting open your headlight. If you are a good diy then that is an option.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Members

Are LCI angel eyes on the e60 brighter than the pre lci. I feel that mine are pretty bright especially when the daytime lamps are on. At least they appeared that way in the garage. I just bought my car so have not compared them to older e60(pre 2008).
Old 11-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
You can always get orions which are the brightest lights available, however it requires cutting open your headlight. If you are a good diy then that is an option.
I'm not a good diy type and they don't appear to be available over here in Germany. I could order them online sure, but I'd get royally screwed on shipping, customs and duty (more than doubles the price). Then I'd probably have to pay the same again for fitting. Bit of a scary prospect. Thanks for the suggestion though. I might go to a local tuner and tell them about Orions and ask for a fitted price.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:56 AM
Members

My Ride: '08 535i

ok, so i'm a bit of a NOOB, but i have an LCI (08) 535 and my angels are bright, but they are the yellow color. Can I not get the newer OEM angels and install them? How hard would that be or would it throw an error code?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-22-2011, 08:15 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr. Klean
Can I not get the newer OEM angels and install them? How hard would that be or would it throw an error code?
By the newer OEM angels I assume you mean for the F10?

I plan on going HID on my LCI angel eyes with John's HID kit...
https://5series.net/forums/topic/967...th-xenons-only

Currently have LEDs installed and they are nice at night but can hardly been seen on a bright day. The F10s I see on the street are very bright during the day so hope the HIDs will top that.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i 08 headlights m5 front bumper laces up with some nice rims bought this car 2 years ago and I love it

i run mine with a h8 hid buld 50 bucks for the kit and put them on a separate switch and they are BRIGHT AS HELL on a sunny day?
Old 11-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jojo's beamer
i run mine with a h8 hid buld 50 bucks for the kit and put them on a separate switch and they are BRIGHT AS HELL on a sunny day?

How did you manage to do this without some major modification which will compromise the integrity of the sealed headlight structure?
Old 11-22-2011, 11:11 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by EUAutoHaus
How did you manage to do this without some major modification which will compromise the integrity of the sealed headlight structure?
Uh... why would it? Essentially he is doing a customized HID AE setup, probably wired up a switch to turn it on/off and pulling power from the terminal connection under the hood PLUS maybe using the stock AE connection as trigger.

A little bit more work than buying a HID AE kit from John@Motorcepts, but conceptually it's the same. Doesn't change the headlight much except for drilling a hole on the cap.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: C200 CGI Style Edition

Just upgraded the Angel Eye with LED bulb.

But as soon as the LED is 6000K white in color, so I place a amber filter in front of the bulb to make the light back to yellow.
i'm quite satisify on it.

Quick Reply: Why is it so hard to get BRIGHT angel eyes on E60