E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Wheel Shop

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

Does anyone know a good wheel repair shop in Westchester County, NY?

I just took off my summer wheels and after cleaning, the curb kissess are worse than I thought. i would like to have them repaired but do not know a good shop in the area.

TIA
Old 11-07-2005, 04:07 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, Jet Black/Black, Manual, Sport, Logic 7

You might want to check out Mobile Wheel Repair. I think most of them can come to you to fix your rims, and can match factory paint. I haven't had any experience with them yet, but will probably use them when the need arises.

Mobile Wheel Repair - NY locations
Old 11-10-2005, 05:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

Steve

Thanks for the recommendation. I called mobile wheel repair and made an appointment for the very next day. They arrived at my home exactly on time and did the repairs on the spot in the truck. The wheels look spectacular - even better than new. They sand, prime, paint and clear coat the entire wheel, even where there is no damage, so that there is no new / old paint matching issues. The paint apparently comes direclty from the OEM manufacturer and appears to be a perfect match to the two wheels which were not repaired.

While I cannot comment on durability yet, I can otherwise highly recommend.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535i Titanium Silver Metallic, xDrive, premium pkg, cold weather pkg, sat radio, rear split/heated seats, euro reflectors

Originally Posted by robg' post='196169' date='Nov 10 2005, 09:09 AM
Steve

Thanks for the recommendation. I called mobile wheel repair and made an appointment for the very next day. They arrived at my home exactly on time and did the repairs on the spot in the truck. The wheels look spectacular - even better than new. They sand, prime, paint and clear coat the entire wheel, even where there is no damage, so that there is no new / old paint matching issues. The paint apparently comes direclty from the OEM manufacturer and appears to be a perfect match to the two wheels which were not repaired.

How much did you pay per wheel?
Old 11-10-2005, 05:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by uny530xi' post='196177
Steve

How much did you pay per wheel?
[/quote]

$100 per wheel
Old 11-10-2005, 06:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

Originally Posted by robg' post='194845' date='Nov 7 2005, 05:56 PM
Does anyone know a good wheel repair shop in Westchester County, NY?

I just took off my summer wheels and after cleaning, the curb kissess are worse than I thought. i would like to have them repaired but do not know a good shop in the area.

TIA

Thanks for that very informative info; didn't know such service existed locally. I think I just figured out what I might do with my old 17" winter wheels that are badly pitted from 7 winters on my 540.

Ray Hull