E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Well Well bended 2 rims in the only pothole in my town

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 08:17 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HRE are the top o f the line, IForged are good but I hear customer service and some quality are not good, Radenergier I have heard good things but is more like a classic design. Last nite I was looking with my buddies for more other pictures and they all felt in love with my original choice the Hartge Classic2. I have not yet received any quotes but i think is in the same ballpark @$5k as the radenergier .. the only issue I have is the weight..Classic2 weights 39lbs compared to 26.5lbs radenergier..

OR
Old 03-09-2006, 07:17 AM
Senior Members

OK guys need your opinion here again... the Rads are not availalbe anywhere for another 2 weeks, so my local shop is offering me some Axis wheels model Penta, the wheels are pretty light in weight fro 20s' compared to the stock wheels (20lbs fron and 30lbs back) for half the price of the Rad, does any one have any experiences with it? any comments about them?
here is an image of the wheels

I found a 545 with similar wheels

Old 03-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Hye man I like those but trust me from experience.. don't try to rush the wheels and get a pair you really don't want.. if you want the rad's wait becuase you will be much ahppier in the end.. I rushed my wheels 2 times now and still no happy if I waited from the begining I would have had the wheels I wanted on mine.. trust me man Wait off the wheels you really want

BTW axis makes good wheels but are known to be more of a knock off brand
Old 03-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

Originally Posted by Don Juan' post='252122' date='Mar 9 2006, 11:17 AM
OK guys need your opinion here again... the Rads are not availalbe anywhere for another 2 weeks, so my local shop is offering me some Axis wheels model Penta, the wheels are pretty light in weight fro 20s' compared to the stock wheels (20lbs fron and 30lbs back) for half the price of the Rad, does any one have any experiences with it? any comments about them?
here is an image of the wheels

I found a 545 with similar wheels

OK are those axis wheels on that 645????? If so then I think I might have to go in that direction.........
Old 03-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Senior Members

No i dont think they are, the axis look cheaper..... i got some other pictures..bottom line i need to go see them in person
Old 03-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by Hamann5' post='252184' date='Mar 9 2006, 11:02 AM
Hye man I like those but trust me from experience.. don't try to rush the wheels and get a pair you really don't want.. if you want the rad's wait becuase you will be much ahppier in the end.. I rushed my wheels 2 times now and still no happy if I waited from the begining I would have had the wheels I wanted on mine.. trust me man Wait off the wheels you really want

BTW axis makes good wheels but are known to be more of a knock off brand
I agree with Hamann5. Wheels will make the biggest difference in how your car look and feel. Take your time. I like some of your previous choices. Although I like Axis, I don't think they're as nice as the other wheels.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='252268' date='Mar 9 2006, 03:54 PM
I agree with Hamann5. Wheels will make the biggest difference in how your car look and feel. Take your time. I like some of your previous choices. Although I like Axis, I don't think they're as nice as the other wheels.
I agree, impatience is killing me.. wait 2 weeks for the Rads (save 2 lbs if so) , spend double the money or get these Axis Penta available right now...descisions.... look at this picture with the car lowere ..i think it looks ok
Old 03-09-2006, 12:07 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Yeah, no doubt they look great. As long as you're happy with them. Just make sure you think everything through and be a bit more patient. I know...it's tough..haha But look at bleudyno, he waited 5 months for his wheels.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

ya i mean the axis look great but in the end it would seen like you really want the Rad's and I would just get a substitue becuase of a couple weeks.. stick wit hthe rad's and you be really happy
Old 03-10-2006, 05:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

Originally Posted by Don Juan' post='252275' date='Mar 9 2006, 04:03 PM
I agree, impatience is killing me.. wait 2 weeks for the Rads (save 2 lbs if so) , spend double the money or get these Axis Penta available right now...descisions.... look at this picture with the car lowere ..i think it looks ok

Man I honestly think they look great and after viewing this thread im seriously considering these axis penta wheels. I have not seen them in person so I cant make judgement on them. For the axis penta and tires you should be under 2k which is more than half of what your gonna spend on Rads or anything else. For me, theres no way im spending 5grand on some 20s--thats another downpayment to get me an E90 coupe...

Then again I dont want some el cheapo replica style looking wheels comming from some Schnitzer wheels so I wanna see them in person bad.

Quick Reply: Well Well bended 2 rims in the only pothole in my town